• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$12,500 tax credit possible?

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
VA already has an EV penalty that goes along with your registration. It's $88.20/year. Fuel efficient vehicles (over 25mpg) also pay a penalty.

In a way I don't have an issue with this, even being an EV owner. EVs are heavy (even a Leaf can be close to 2 tons) and heavy vehicles contribute more to road wear than a lighter one, all things being equal. Taxing to fund road maintenance and expansion as a function of miles driven per year and the weight of a vehicle would be a somewhat objective way of having those that contribute the most to the wear of the roads pay the most, though like any tax change, it will ruffle feathers somewhere and have ripple effects across things indirectly tied to transportation.
$88 a year in registration isn't bad. I pay $74.5 for my 2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L in Texas. At least it isn't what Texas is proposing for EVs: Between $190-240 for over 9000 miles a year, plus $10 for a charging infrastructure advisory panel: https://chargedevs.com/newswire/proposed-texas-ev-tax-would-be-the-nations-highest/
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
$88 a year in registration isn't bad. I pay $74.5 for my 2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L in Texas. At least it isn't what Texas is proposing for EVs: Between $190-240 for over 9000 miles a year, plus $10 for a charging infrastructure advisory panel: https://chargedevs.com/newswire/proposed-texas-ev-tax-would-be-the-nations-highest/
So for once living in liberal NY is actually gonna be cheaper than my red state friends!! (I don't see any interest for an added BEV "tax" here)

RCGII

First Name
Rg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning, 2000 F250
I think everyone's bigger worry should be when EVs and every car for that matter starts getting taxed on mileage. Fuel taxes are already insufficient for needed road repair. When EVs reach a certain saturation, it's only a matter of time!
2022 July 01, Virginia has imposed on the registration Highway tax on your fuel efficient, hybrid, and EV vehicles at a flat rate or you can apply for a per mile tax.
Of course my 2016 Honda Civic is taxed at $38.00/year. However they do not give me any credit on all the Highway taxes I pay each time I fill up my F250. I am not sure what my Lightning annual tax will be, but I will know in about 4 weeks when I register it🙈😩

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
To charge fixed amount $ per year for EV is not fair, at least to me. I drive only 3000-4000 miles a year...

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I think everyone's bigger worry should be when EVs and every car for that matter starts getting taxed on mileage. Fuel taxes are already insufficient for needed road repair. When EVs reach a certain saturation, it's only a matter of time!
I don't necessarily have a problem with that honestly. BUT, the dimwits in office (of any political slant) won't repeal the gas tax and implement a mileage tax. The government never gives up a "revenue stream."
Sponsored