Sponsored

12/2 Build Week

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Well, I made it to December :(

Started 10/11, pushed to 11/8, two weeks ago pushed to 11/22 and today my dealer checked and I am now 12/2.
Sponsored

Eric12775

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 2x4 5.0 on order
Occupation
Truck driver
I’m just going to put it out there and join this group because I ordered on 8/3/21, got my VIN on 10/4 but still haven’t received a built date yet. I called my salesman today a he said my blend date is TBD and to call back on Friday.

Ninjaryan03

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Beverage fountain tech
I got pushed to build date 12/3. Originally 11/15. Ordered 7/7

Eric12775

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
I just got off the phone with Ford customer service and the marketing division and the only thing that they could tell me is that all 2021 F-150s built in Kansas City during the month of November and December is being built with Unobtainium. My salesman has no information for me and customer service said the dealership has the best info available. ?

• Sad
Reactions: GWG

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got off the phone with Ford customer service and the marketing division and the only thing that they could tell me is that all 2021 F-150s built in Kansas City during the month of November and December is being built with Unobtainium. My salesman has no information for me and customer service said the dealership has the best info available. ?
I am sorry, Uno what-what?! Can you please explain the ignorants among us what exactly is it and what may be the problem?

Other than that - I would really take everything they tell you with a grain of salt. Perhaps even two grains....it sounds to me like any other company's customer service, where you call and get answer/info A, you call again 2 minutes later and get answer/info B and then you call the next day to verify and the rep gives you Answer C, explaining that the other two idiots whom you talked to the day before don't know what the hell they're talking about.

GWG

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
I was given a build date of 12/2 for an 21 XLT at KC. So far I have no updates on this changing... Hopefully it happens since there will be no room to get bumped.

Eric12775

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
I am sorry, Uno what-what?! Can you please explain the ignorants among us what exactly is it and what may be the problem?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium
I ordered on 8/3/21 was given my order number and VIN on 10/4/21. I have never been given an actual build date or any additional info other than “It will be built by December 5th”. People who have ordered after me have already taken ownership of their trucks. My salesman isn’t really forthcoming with information compared to some of the other posts and this whole situation has almost made me cancel my order. We have less than 4 weeks left in production for the 21 F-150s. How hard can it be to tell me what’s actually going on?

tkbolts21

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150
Well, I made it to December :(

Started 10/11, pushed to 11/8, two weeks ago pushed to 11/22 and today my dealer checked and I am now 12/2.
hopefully you get pushed to a '22 and get the extra PCO!

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium
I ordered on 8/3/21 was given my order number and VIN on 10/4/21. I have never been given an actual build date or any additional info other than “It will be built by December 5th”. People who have ordered after me have already taken ownership of their trucks. My salesman isn’t really forthcoming with information compared to some of the other posts and this whole situation has almost made me cancel my order. We have less than 4 weeks left in production for the 21 F-150s. How hard can it be to tell me what’s actually going on?
I feel your pain. As you know, I am in the same boat as you are. Ordered 8/7 and received VIN and original build date within 5 days, built date pushed back several times.
Those who took ownership on orders that were placed after us - my understanding is that it all depends on what you order, which parts/chips are missing/etc.

I read the page that you linked but still don't understand what does it mean in regards to building the truck in December.

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
How hard can it be to tell me what’s actually going on?
Actually it's not hard at all they look in there system and send you a screen print easy peasy. If they're not sharing it, unfortunately, probably says something about what's going on.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Actually it's not hard at all they look in there system and send you a screen print easy peasy. If they're not sharing it, unfortunately, probably says something about what's going on.
Screen print of what?! Not following. There is a built date (for now; it may change, but there is one now). What else is there in the screen print that we can learn from that we don't already know? It's not going to say anything about Ford's plans regarding MY21 that rolls into December.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Screen print of what?! Not following. There is a built date (for now; it may change, but there is one now). What else is there in the screen print that we can learn from that we don't already know? It's not going to say anything about Ford's plans regarding MY21 that rolls into December.
I apparently missed something. Your dealer can provide you a screen shot showing your build week and date if you have a VIN, build week, and build date not sure what the question is. If they aren't willing to provide that are you sure you have an order with a build date?

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I apparently missed something. Your dealer can provide you a screen shot showing your build week and date if you have a VIN, build week, and build date not sure what the question is. If they aren't willing to provide that are you sure you have an order with a build date?
I have a build date (a new one...). I am not sure if @Eric12775 has one or not, or if he just described his call with Ford regarding this "Unobtanium" which I don't understand what it is :D

Eric12775

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Truck driver
Unobtainuim is a mythical element that exists in all states of matter all at the same time. It is so difficult to find and possess that it was given a proper name. For an example, you keep going to the store to try to find something all the time but the store employee keeps telling you that they are out of stock. That’s because it’s made out of Unobtainium.
Sponsored

Reactions: sbi