TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
The air conditioning doesn't work.

They already did a diagnostic-- compressor is bad; I assume from the start. But since I bought it in winter & it didn't get warm enough here to need AC until last week, I just found out.

So now I have a loaner, hopefully I get it back next week... I guess my truck skipped quality checks.
Sorry - I misread your previous post and thought the loaner had a bad AC unit. What is the expected downtime for the compressor? Hopefully they have those in stock.

I think the "Quality is Job 1" advertising doesn't apply any more.
Sponsored

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
Sorry - I misread your previous post and thought the loaner had a bad AC unit. What is the expected downtime for the compressor? Hopefully they have those in stock.

I think the "Quality is Job 1" advertising doesn't apply any more.
Supposedly 5 days more on the condenser. I'll call myself lucky if it really comes in... It needs the powerboost-specific electric compressor.

Quality has been thrown out the window and stomped on. The trim lines on the loaner I'm driving (also a 22) are horrible.

Given that I'm a quality Program manager, I find this appalling and know I'd be fired if my stuff came out this badly & I was ok with it.

bwm1116s

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22Lariat 22Braptor 13 ZL1 69Z28 Camaro 97SVT Cobra
Occupation
Food Distribution
How is everyone enjoying their 2022 F-150? I need to live vicariously through all of you, I'm still waiting. It's been completely build and waiting shipping since 01/07/22. I'm going with the old saying "if your not first, your last"

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
How is everyone enjoying their 2022 F-150? I need to live vicariously through all of you, I'm still waiting. It's been completely build and waiting shipping since 01/07/22. I'm going with the old saying "if your not first, your last"
It's just wrong that you are still waiting. If I were waiting this long, my son in law would have heard from me already.

As for my truck it's been fine so far

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really been enjoying it despite still waiting on the heat exchanger (soon to be going on 3 months), parking it every night with the hood up, and checking coolant levels every morning. Got the trailer brake recall to address still and steering column wiring harness recall (Velcro strap) to get done. Figure they can be attempted when the heat exchanger comes in.

Hey - any pics of your 69 Camaro you can post? That sounds like a fun car to take to a drive in for burgers and fries.

Sponsored

bwm1116s

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22Lariat 22Braptor 13 ZL1 69Z28 Camaro 97SVT Cobra
Occupation
Food Distribution
Really been enjoying it despite still waiting on the heat exchanger (soon to be going on 3 months), parking it every night with the hood up, and checking coolant levels every morning. Got the trailer brake recall to address still and steering column wiring harness recall (Velcro strap) to get done. Figure they can be attempted when the heat exchanger comes in.

Hey - any pics of your 69 Camaro you can post? That sounds like a fun car to take to a drive in for burgers and fries.
Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Landing Shot.JPG

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Landing Shot2.JPG

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Landing Shot4.JPG

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Landing Shot7.JPG

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Landing Shot9.JPG

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Landing Shot10.JPG

Nevadajack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford F250, 2022 Ford F150
Occupation
Plumber

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
She is a head turner for sure , inside and out! Not something I would expect to see in such great shape in Mass. Congrats on such a nice car. Definitely a car to take to the drive in. :)

Thanks for posting those!

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Manager

For what it's worth, I got the trailer brake + steering column recalls done. It was the only "easy" service visit I've had on this truck. Had it back same day.

And I did end up getting my ac compressor replaced after she was down 2 weeks (1 week in the shop). Now it blows nice and cold

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For what it's worth, I got the trailer brake + steering column recalls done. It was the only "easy" service visit I've had on this truck. Had it back same day.

And I did end up getting my ac compressor replaced after she was down 2 weeks (1 week in the shop). Now it blows nice and cold
Glad to hear you had your AC compressor fixed and they got you in and out. Nice to get things fixed quickly.

On the trailer brake recall, there is a thread that talks about the brake software not being the version designated in the official letters to the NHTSA. The key players went silent regarding the latest update, so I don't know if it's fixed or something more to come. Just keep an eye on using your trailer brakes if you need to (longer following distances, brake sooner, etc.).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...elay-module-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Manager
Glad to hear you had your AC compressor fixed and they got you in and out. Nice to get things fixed quickly.

On the trailer brake recall, there is a thread that talks about the brake software not being the version designated in the official letters to the NHTSA. The key players went silent regarding the latest update, so I don't know if it's fixed or something more to come. Just keep an eye on using your trailer brakes if you need to (longer following distances, brake sooner, etc.).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...elay-module-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/
Yikes, I didn't see that... Well I'll see how it goes in a few weeks next time I pull the travel trailer. I've only pulled my boat (surge brakes) since the update.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll plan on slowing down early.
Sponsored