Gman61

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
You called down the thunder, reap my OCD! ?:ROFLMAO:

Truck getting loaded (courtesy of Dexter)

26329.jpeg
26330.jpeg
26333.jpeg

Got a wrecked car on the front. I hope he's got that strapped down tight. I also hope the pieces of that car stay where they are while on the interstate.

Driver was parked awhile at McDonalds, then left Woodbridge.
He avoided I95 South entirely (congestion on parts of it) and got on I64 West somewhat close to Charlottesville.

Here's some screen grabs after Charlottesville:

Screenshot_20220124-165247_FordPass.jpg
Screenshot_20220124-165226_FordPass.jpg

He took a break at the Pilot Travel center in Raphine VA

Screenshot_20220124-172223_FordPass.jpg
1643069739883.png

He's now on I81 near Natural Bridge VA. So about 7 hours out!

Screenshot_20220124-181741_FordPass.jpg

Seriously though - this is pretty cool. Thanks to everyone's help on here with it.

To get a new location, you go to the Vehicle tab on Ford Pass and swipe down. It's takes maybe 20 seconds or so to get an update, but there is a lag after that of maybe 30 seconds to translate that update to an address and XY on the map. You can then click on that address and see the map.

If you go to the map itself it shows you where you are (where your phone is), but after a lag, it zooms out of that close up and almost shows you both your location and the truck. (GIS/Map programmer space on the map extents for this Zoom - needed some testing/input from the transport end.)

Screenshot_20220124-182746_FordPass.jpg

If you manually zoom out further, you can then see the truck's location.

Screenshot_20220124-182753_FordPass.jpg

Ford really needs a third button at the bottom of the map. The top button is a standard symbol to show you your phone's location. The next button is a "drop a Pin on the map" button and it defaults to your phone location, sometimes moving the map when you do so.

To me, that 2nd button should be the truck/vehicle location button ("show me where the truck is"), and a 3rd button could be there (showing a Pin icon) for you to place a Pin (and don't move the map back to my phone location when I am zoomed in somewhere trying to add a Pin).

More than you wanted to know, but my OCD is in overdrive. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's a quality piece of furniture Clark!!!...?

Really sharp looking truck!!
Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Thanks to everyone here for all the help! And hopefully everyone will get good news very soon.

She's on I81 in Marion VA, little over 5 hours away. I may not go to work tomorrow. ?

Gman61

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
CAA22A1E-AABB-47C5-BE91-72D83B51F780.jpeg

She is finally here it is amazing, the only catch was I couldn’t take it home yet. Still needed to be detailed and written up. I should be able to drive it tomorrow.
Beautiful looking truck...?...

Check your fuses to make sure they are all the way in....

Congrats!

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CAA22A1E-AABB-47C5-BE91-72D83B51F780.jpeg

She is finally here it is amazing, the only catch was I couldn’t take it home yet. Still needed to be detailed and written up. I should be able to drive it tomorrow.
She is a beauty. Excellent news!

Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck made it to Farragut last night (truck stop). Past Knoxville and less than 3 hours away.

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week 1643109194031

I got worried because when I updated the truck location it again processed my request as normal - took 20 seconds or so, said it had the location and then 30 seconds later it showed me Marion VA - the same location it did last night.

Seeing as how Marion was in a rain/snow mix last night when I looked at the location at 9 PM, and the truck was not at a rest stop or off ramp - I came up with a bunch of scenarios - all of which were bad.

A minute or two (or 3?) after that it then changed from the updated location of Marion VA to Farragut TN (without me refreshing the screen). I really need to speak to the map/GIS programmer at Ford Pass. (Don't run through the motions of providing an updated location when you just take all that time to simply repeat the last known position as if it's the current position - I 'd rather take that full length of time to get the actual location.)

So heart rate is normal now, and waiting to hear from the driver. ;)

Gman61

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Truck made it to Farragut last night (truck stop). Past Knoxville and less than 3 hours away.

1643109194031.png

I got worried because when I updated the truck location it again processed my request as normal - took 20 seconds or so, said it had the location and then 30 seconds later it showed me Marion VA - the same location it did last night.

Seeing as how Marion was in a rain/snow mix last night when I looked at the location at 9 PM, and the truck was not at a rest stop or off ramp - I came up with a bunch of scenarios - all of which were bad.

A minute or two (or 3?) after that it then changed from the updated location of Marion VA to Farragut TN (without me refreshing the screen). I really need to speak to the map/GIS programmer at Ford Pass. (Don't run through the motions of providing an updated location when you just take all that time to simply repeat the last known position as if it's the current position - I 'd rather take that full length of time to get the actual location.)

So heart rate is normal now, and waiting to hear from the driver. ;)
I would guess you really are not sleeping very well. 3 hours away....checking every other minute!
Did the door alerts go off by chance? I'm sure once loaded they were not going in-and-out of the truck.

Gman61

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Made some progress yesterday. Scheduled to pick it up next Friday, the 4th.
You are gonna love your Limited!! Did you get the lay flat seats, flip console for work-space, in console safe?....I went with those, plus Line-X, tonneau cover (still coming)...Exciting!

Steeler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat; 2022 F150 Limited
You are gonna love your Limited!! Did you get the lay flat seats, flip console for work-space, in console safe?....I went with those, plus Line-X, tonneau cover (still coming)...Exciting!
Can't wait! I got everything but the safe.
I ordered the Bak Revolver X4s cover. Looking forward to putting it on after I bring the truck home.

Looking to do this too eventually:

Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would guess you really are not sleeping very well. 3 hours away....checking every other minute!
Did the door alerts go off by chance? I'm sure once loaded they were not going in-and-out of the truck.
Hah! - No I actually did sleep pretty well last night. I figured the driver would need to stop somewhere on the way here. Now just trying to figure out when he'll start back driving again. I'm figuring roughly 9AM gets him to 10 hours off duty and then driving again.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Okay. Truck is now at the Cleveland TN Airport. I got a door open alert. The truck is apparently running as the estimated range is decreasing.

I assume the wrecked car is being unloaded. I am NOT thinking that my truck is being loaded on a plane heading to Abu Dhabi. ?
Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Screenshot_20220125-075122_FordPass
Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Screenshot_20220125-075421_FordPass

Ford F-150 12/13 Build Week Screenshot_20220125-075050_FordPass

Gman61

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Hah! - No I actually did sleep pretty well last night. I figured the driver would need to stop somewhere on the way here. Now just trying to figure out when he'll start back driving again. I'm figuring roughly 9AM gets him to 10 hours off duty and then driving again.
There is a button on FordPass you can push to find out what your transport dude is having for breakfast....:unsure:

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is a button on FordPass you can push to find out what your transport dude is having for breakfast....:unsure:
I know he stopped on a 4 lane road (no parking areas) across from a Chili's and Panera Bread for about 15 minutes. I assume it was Panera's he went to while blocking the road, but that button would have been nice to know for sure. :ROFLMAO:

Now if I could just get the 360 cameras to work on my phone. ;)
Sponsored