First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Anyone have to decline delivery and try to re-sell their truck?
This is absolutely horrible--our F-150 we ordered on 31 July 2021 got here yesterday finally to the dealer. Why am I not excited? Well. Because last week my wife of 33 years had a near-fatal cardiac event and emergency surgery that is life-changing. We do not believe we will be able to use the new truck for our RV-ing adventures we'd dreamed of. I haven't taken delivery of nor have financed the truck yet. Does anyone have any experience asking a dealer if they will buy it off me and release me from my $1,000 deposit. Should I even consider asking them?
Is the deposit refundable? Definitely tell the dealer. Doubt the dealer much cares. It's not like the dealer would be stuck with the truck. He can sell it off his lot easy enough.
Sponsored

VirginiaRVer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 SuperCrew
I called last night and dealer said he'd waive the $1,000 deposit I made that was supposed to be non-refundable. That was good. Beyond that though, I think you're right. They really don't care. I have to weigh whether it's worth the personal stress to just buy it and try to sell it immediately to CarMax. I asked the dealer if they ever buy back trucks for anyone in this situation and he told me absolutely not. The best he can do is waive the $1,000. It would have been nice to make a couple thousand to help defray medical expenses. But I should count myself lucky to just get the $1,000 waived.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I called last night and dealer said he'd waive the $1,000 deposit I made that was supposed to be non-refundable. That was good. Beyond that though, I think you're right. They really don't care. I have to weigh whether it's worth the personal stress to just buy it and try to sell it immediately to CarMax. I asked the dealer if they ever buy back trucks for anyone in this situation and he told me absolutely not. The best he can do is waive the $1,000. It would have been nice to make a couple thousand to help defray medical expenses. But I should count myself lucky to just get the $1,000 waived.
Wait, why are you stressing about this? You’re under no obligation to take delivery of the truck, unless you signed a contract. You have your deposit back and you just don’t buy the truck.

It’s as if you never ordered it.

Focus on your family and getting healthy.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Do we all have our trucks now?
Sponsored