12” Screen shut off

Joeyv84

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 4x4
Just a head up, I had this happen to me on Sunday. Reset the screen by holding power and the seek buttton at the same time. I can’t remember if it was forward or back. I saw some post about this awhile back. The reset got the screen to reboot and everything went back to normal. I’m not saying it’s a Ford or Apple issue, but CarPlay has been an issue in certain parts of New Orleans. Certain geographic locations cause the CarPlay to drop off and get weird. Ford dealer said this is the first they heard of it.
Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I will add that they have not yet finished diagnosing my screen failure, other than to say that it did come back on but there was an "error code" that they were going to have to look into further.
So it turns out they did NOT get an error code, and by the time the "Electronics Expert" looked into it 48 hours later the issue had corrected itself. They did a hard reset of all the electronics "just in case" and told me to bring it back in if it happens again. Duh.

So now it's just the waiting game until if/when it comes back again.

jb55

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
IT
Happened to me this past weekend. Was in park, motor running and the screen went blank. Music was playing but not buttons worked. Pandora was on via Carplay and I tried all options mentioned as well. Turned the truck off for a few minutes and then back on, screen has been good since. I am sure it will not be the last, but I have a 60k warranty anyway.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Just a head up, I had this happen to me on Sunday. Reset the screen by holding power and the seek buttton at the same time. I can’t remember if it was forward or back. I saw some post about this awhile back. The reset got the screen to reboot and everything went back to normal. I’m not saying it’s a Ford or Apple issue, but CarPlay has been an issue in certain parts of New Orleans. Certain geographic locations cause the CarPlay to drop off and get weird. Ford dealer said this is the first they heard of it.
Mine always cuts out and the same two intersections on my to/from work. I think it might have something to do with the traffic signals.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Wow........first issue......6500 miles.....12" screen goes blank...........Hold power and fast forward button and it resets........Anybody out there figure out what is going on?

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Same here, 5 mos, 5K mi, zero issues.
Enable Android Auto, run Gaia GPS offroad nav on 12", awesome.
Get awkward phone calls, texts, no Ford Nav, and then blank screen. LOL
Bug, I can work around it until they fix it.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Mine was black (just once) when i started it. Shut it down, opened the door and started up again and it came back.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
R V SALES
Had to reset the screen 4 times on the way to work........The compass on the small screen , inside the navigation screen was revolving around like a circus carousell!!!!!

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
R V SALES
Blank screen is back......Off to the dealer on Tusday for an appointment.......

Sponsored

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
R V SALES
It was gone for a while...........It came back this morning, 3 times..........I will have to get it in next month.......For some strange reason, it did not recognize me when I walked up to it, with the key in my pocket......I clicked the unlock button and it opened???????????????????????

21lariatspprt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My screen just started acting up too...turns off while driving. Oddly if i atop and shift to park it comes back on. Anyone get any info or solve from dealer ??

Username00001

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 powerboost xlt 300a
So I have had this issue 3 times with the 8" screen and have had a blue screen of death 4 times. The screen for me would turn back on with the headlights for some reason and the blue screen of death only happens when my android auto app on my phone is not updated. These issues are starting to get very frustrating since I drive for about 3 hours at a time and if I want the screen to work I have to pull off the interstate just to restart my truck.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So I have had this issue 3 times with the 8" screen and have had a blue screen of death 4 times. The screen for me would turn back on with the headlights for some reason and the blue screen of death only happens when my android auto app on my phone is not updated. These issues are starting to get very frustrating since I drive for about 3 hours at a time and if I want the screen to work I have to pull off the interstate just to restart my truck.
Hi there, Mason! We want to take a closer look at your truck's screen issues. To get started, go ahead and send us a private message with the name and location of your dealership.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
R V SALES
So the latest is.......I could touch the screen anywhere, multiple times, and nothing worked............Appt with dealer Jan, 26th
Sponsored