12” Screen shut off

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
Hi there, Mason! We want to take a closer look at your truck's screen issues. To get started, go ahead and send us a private message with the name and location of your dealership.
I have the same issue and some details. I will dm you as well.
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
This has happened to me a few times just recently.
never while driving, but sitting just listening to the stereo.
On my work days, I actually spend about 90 min reading and listening to the stereo. Every 25 or so minutes I have to cycle the ignition to keep everything active.
It recently started going black but it is not totally dead, as when I cycle the key, it gives me a message “911 assist not available“. This is turned off.
Also, at the end of a cycle, it will show the warning to start the car.
Ignition cycle does nothing to bring it back.
Actually starting the car does nothing to bring it back.

It just magically repairs itself at the end of my shift when I start it up to go home.

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
Update
My truck is at Ford for the insulation recall and this screen issue. The Dealership called me today and told me that there is a solution to this issue and it will require the tech spending about 2-1/2 hours with the truck updating/programming modules. They will need a constant voltage to the truck with a type of charger that they did not have. They have requested the charger and will schedule an appointment to drop off the truck for the programming. I’ll follow up after that and let y’all know if it worked out.
Sponsored

Reactions: Geo