Sponsored

12” Screen Black Out Driving

Simo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
My 12” screen has been going black while driving suddenly. The radio keeps playing. Happens every time I drive now. The soft reset (power plus fast forward button) will turn it back on but the screen goes black again after a few minutes. I found if I shift from drive to neutral or reverse the screen “wakes” back up. This is the 5th time I’ve had to bring my truck into the dealer..
Sponsored

Attachments

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 12” screen has been going black while driving suddenly. The radio keeps playing. Happens every time I drive now. The soft reset (power plus fast forward button) will turn it back on but the screen goes black again after a few minutes. I found if I shift from drive to neutral or reverse the screen “wakes” back up. This is the 5th time I’ve had to bring my truck into the dealer..
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this black out screen issue. Thanks!

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
There is a similiar post, made previously by me about this same problem .....No response to me from a Official Ford Account???????

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
Mine is doing the same. Posted on a separate thread. Took it to the dealer and they said that a software update was needed and that it was coming on a flash drive??‍♂??‍♂
We will see what happens.

Sponsored

bsmity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT
Mine too. 2021 XLT. Started mid-Dec 2021. In dealer two times now, third scheduled 2/2/22. 1st time "software update got stuck". 2nd time "recall new software pushed". Both times reoccurred later that day.

Attachments

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this black out screen issue. Thanks!
Same for me. Just started today. If ok will send vin and location. Thanks
Ford F-150 12” Screen Black Out Driving Blackscreen

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
Same for me. Just started today. If ok will send vin and location. Thanks
Blackscreen.jpg
I’ve had a complaint open with ford and they haven’t been helpful at all. At this point I feel like I’m saving up visits to get to a lemon law claim.

nhamp07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
I got a OTA software update 2 days ago and it hasnt happened yet since the update. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP

Simo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Mine has not happened for a week or so. I’ve been stuck at home with Covid and newborns so have not gotten out to drive much. If the problem continues once they start daycare this week I’ll bring my truck in and report back.

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
This was happening to me once, I placed my hand on the light sensor for a few seconds and brought the screen back and hasnt happened since

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Took my truck in yesterday to replace a trim piece and look into the nav screen blackout issue...I seem to only have it at dawn,never any other time tho.
"Refer to tsb 21-2310...checked for APIM update....one available,updated APIM and cleared codes"
We will see if it fixes it.

OP
OP

Simo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I brought my truck to the dealership today. I have not experienced the blackout screen for about a week. However, today when I went to start my truck my battery was completely dead. Back in November I brought my truck in because it kept going into battery save mode, which the dealership re-flashed a module... I'm thinking my battery is bad, my 2021 truck shouldn't have to be jumped. I bought the F150 from a different deanship who had to jump the truck the day i bought it which they said was "common". Starting to regret this.

OP
OP

Simo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I brought my truck to the dealership today. I have not experienced the blackout screen for about a week. However, today when I went to start my truck my battery was completely dead. Back in November I brought my truck in because it kept going into battery save mode, which the dealership re-flashed a module... I'm thinking my battery is bad, my 2021 truck shouldn't have to be jumped. I bought the F150 from a different deanship who had to jump the truck the day i bought it which they said was "common". Starting to regret this.
Now waiting on a backorded module... @Ford Motor Company My 8th trip to the dealer for service in 11 months.

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
Ive been to the dealer multiple times for the screen issues. seems like the latest visit fixed it but i lost my bed interior lights option(the switch doesnt work).
Sponsored