First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I don’t see the problem if the dealer does not sell it or allow test drives???
The issue as a consumer is that the special orders are not available for purchase. I could see it being a bait/switch situation.

dealer,”oh you came in because we listed the special order truck on our website as available for sale, listed a sales price, available options and more? Well, we don’t have that one for sale actually, but we do have these other trucks that are similar”
Sponsored

Last edited:

LFGM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 SC 5.5 FX SPT (on order)
This is normal. They add all vehicles even special orders on their inventory. Nothing to get pissed over.
Yea, my wife said to calm down and that this is part of their marketing to get folks in the door. I’m still going to have a convo tomorrow with them anyways.

kobl0019

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Product Manager
Looks like the ford tracker is back up. Hoping the Dearborn line is back up and running tomorrow and us 12/2 Blend date folks get an update! :)

jrm7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Yea, my wife said to calm down and that this is part of their marketing to get folks in the door. I’m still going to have a convo tomorrow with them anyways.
No need to have the convo. All dealers inventory reflect their on-lot and incoming stock. That's how Ford set their systems up. Relax. Listen to your wife. :)

I know because I write code that does that kind of thing. It doesn't make sense to separate the inventory.

Sponsored

lewie_d

First Name
LewLoc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Lead Foot 302A High Package
Occupation
Driver
Well, I got lucky, ordered 8/4 waited patiently, truck was built 11/10 spray on bedliner included shipped 11/16 and delivered 11/27 took home 12/2 :)?☺ KCAP to Michigan, Norfolk Southern moved this truck very quickly from KCAP to Michigan! then United picked it up Saturday morning the 27th and dropped it off at the dealership very thorough no issues so far!

Last edited:

Dipper2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Well, I got lucky, ordered 8/4 waited patiently, truck was built 11/10 spray on bedliner included shipped 11/16 and delivered 11/27 took home 12/2 :)?☺ KCAP to Michigan, Norfolk Southern moved this truck very quickly from KCAP to Michigan! then United picked it up Saturday morning the 27th and dropped it off at the dealership very thorough no issues so far!
Great for you! Initial impressions??? ??

Csummerhays

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Firefighter
There were some previous posts that had similar issues. Dealer stated it was an automated system that showed all incoming trucks regardless of being preordered or stock deliveries. A local dealer told me the same on a number of trucks listed on his web pages - trucks were incoming and not on the lot, others were preordered and sold, etc.
This is what happened with my truck as well. An automated system posted my truck as in stock with a link to the window sticker on the dealer website.

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 501A
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
Anybody with 11/29 blend date had their MY 22 truck ship out of Dearborn yet? Mine shows produced in 12/01 but ford tracker still shows in production and no check marks beside built or shipped. It does show a ETA of 12/22 but haven’t really seen any movement since produced.

GM Rip

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Platinum from a 2017 Ford Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Anybody with 11/29 blend date had their MY 22 truck ship out of Dearborn yet? Mine shows produced in 12/01 but ford tracker still shows in production and no check marks beside built or shipped. It does show a ETA of 12/22 but haven’t really seen any movement since produced.
Same info as you indicate. I asked my dealer to check if my truck actually shipped. ETA of 12/20 to Texas. 11/29 blend and produced 12/1

Sponsored

GT4

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport 302a, 6.5" bed (ordered)
New user here, but I've been keeping tabs on this thread for a little while!

We built on 10/22 (2) matching XLT 302a 6.5" bed, carbonized gray trucks for our business. They (Ford) automatically converted our builds to '22MY trucks, according to my salesman. Blend date of 11/29 for one, and 11/30 for the other. Salesman on 11/30 when I reached out, said that both trucks "have been built and are just awaiting transportation." Said they usually see vehicle delivery "within weeks" of getting the window stickers, which he said they got a few days before 11/30. So he seems confident they're arriving very soon!

But I've been using the trackers (via the email link from Ford with the VIN, and Mach-E) and it's been really sketchy for me from the very beginning. All the same problems that other users have talked about on this forum are also true for me. One truck can be tracked via Ford's tracking, but it says currently delivery date of 12/26, when it had said 12/24 a couple days ago, and also has said a TBD delivery date too literally the other day. It says that the truck is still in production too. However, the other truck won't even pull up when the VIN is entered, it just says to check back later!?

Weird problems for sure...but I'm taking my salesman's word for it over what I see when I try to track myself. Ford must be having widespread issues with order tracking right now, and if it populates, it's probably not up to date information that it's showing. My two cents

GM Rip

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Platinum from a 2017 Ford Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Same info as you indicate. I asked my dealer to check if my truck actually shipped. ETA of 12/20 to Texas. 11/29 blend and produced 12/1
Dealer said shows produced but not shipped. ETA 12-14 to 12-20 on their system

Fhcbjhdk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone here have news regarding Dearborn plant? Has it resumed production yet?

Still don’t see any update having my Blend date on 12/02.

daddyo76

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
US Navy - Retired Manager, Information Technology
Ford F-150 11/29 Build Week 1638811241183

It's the tale as old as time for me, no info on the Ford tracker and the dealer told me Friday their system is showing it produced and pending shipment. I've taken a sigh of relief just knowing that it has been built, dealer said he would update me every Wednesday and Friday unless there's ground shaking information.
Once I know anything relevant, I will share it here immediately. Will be nice to start seeing the 22's pop up as delivered though.....

TurboToaster

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 XLT SCab
Occupation
RR
Anyone here have news regarding Dearborn plant? Has it resumed production yet?

Still don’t see any update having my Blend date on 12/02.
Pioneer posted over on the other forum that Dearborn is running today. No updates yet for me, also a 12/2 blend.
Sponsored