11/28/22 Build Week

cyclone77

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Blend was 12/2. Tracker still shows in production, but there's now a date under the "in production" (12/3), and a ton of modules have popped up. Also a tear tag.

doug56wshs

First Name
Doug Hartman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 Ford Ranger, 2023 F150
Occupation
Pastor
Got the email from ford saying it is built with estranged delivery to western PA of January 10-16😵 Little longer than I had hoped but excited either way!!

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
So, I got the email this morning that my truck was built and the expected ship date is the week of 12/25 through 12/29. How do you confirm that the truck is built and complete versus built and on chip hold?

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
Got an email from Ford saying it was built at 4:01 AM, two hours later got another email saying it was shipped. LOL Really? Estimated delivery to granger is December 14, 2022 and December 20, 2022. I don't believe you Ford.

Sponsored

MedicalPhysicist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Hybrid on Order
So, I got the email this morning that my truck was built and the expected ship date is the week of 12/25 through 12/29. How do you confirm that the truck is built and complete versus built and on chip hold?
I think you can contact ford through their chat feature on the website and find out.

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 502A PowerBoost 22 Camry AWD XSE 97 Cobra
Occupation
INSPECTOR
If you get the email with estimated arrival date, is it fair to assume the truck is 100% complete and not on chip hold? I also have the Ford Spray in Bed Liner which I had heard adds another month or so to wait times, but this doesn't appear to be the case now?

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
If you get the email with estimated arrival date, is it fair to assume the truck is 100% complete and not on chip hold? I also have the Ford Spray in Bed Liner which I had heard adds another month or so to wait times, but this doesn't appear to be the case now?
the Spray in is done after the truck is built. Could still be on chip hold. I highly doubt it adds a month. Maybe a week at most.

I could see the spray in liner causing a slight shipping delay as it goes off the line, over to the spray in shop, then to the shipping process. at least that is my understanding.

and I sure hope all this is accurate. I didn't even want the damn spray in from the factory. LineX is a way better product.

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
INSPECTOR
the Spray in is done after the truck is built. Could still be on chip hold. I highly doubt it adds a month. Maybe a week at most.

I could see the spray in liner causing a slight shipping delay as it goes off the line, over to the spray in shop, then to the shipping process. at least that is my understanding.

and I sure hope all this is accurate. I didn't even want the damn spray in from the factory. LineX is a way better product.
I had no choice.. Ford Required the Spray in for the BAP. It will be interesting to see how accurate their timeline is. I was not expecting the truck until June based on others timelines.. Its actually going to be a great inconvenience for it to show up this early. Ill be out of state working until the end of May and didn't want the truck sitting around lol.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had no choice.. Ford Required the Spray in for the BAP. It will be interesting to see how accurate their timeline is. I was not expecting the truck until June based on others timelines.. Its actually going to be a great inconvenience for it to show up this early. Ill be out of state working until the end of May and didn't want the truck sitting around lol.
Yea, I also was forced into the spray in with BAP and Max Tow. And I also was hoping for the truck to be in by spring. I am really not looking forward to driving it from Iowa to Oregon in the middle of winter. but I'll be happy either way. I just want the truck.

Sponsored

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Realtor
Just found this forum and love all the content so far! I have a 23 XLT on order and wanted share my progress!

Blend Date 11/29
Built Email 11/30
Shipping Estimate 12/12-12/18

Its coming by Convoy so hopefully that window is accurate!

MrBewst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 PB, 06 Evo
Yea, I also was forced into the spray in with BAP and Max Tow. And I also was hoping for the truck to be in by spring. I am really not looking forward to driving it from Iowa to Oregon in the middle of winter. but I'll be happy either way. I just want the truck.
I've dug pretty hard in BAP from the Powerboost BAP thread and max tow on the BAP is what requires the spray in if I remember right. I have no opinion on the liner itself however why Ford Requires the spray in liner with max tow BAPs is beyond me. My dealer did advise that adding liners of any sort including drop in would likely add time to the order so I avoided the factory liners all together with a standard tow packed BAP.

Last edited:

BLWNBYU

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
INSPECTOR
I've dug pretty hard in BAP from the Powerboost BAP thread and max tow on the BAP is what requires the spray in if I remember right. I have no opinion on the liner itself however why Ford Requires the spray in liner with max tow BAPs is beyond me. My dealer did advise that adding liners of any sort including drop in would likely add time to the order so I avoided the factory liners all together with a standard tow packed BAP.

Bonus: Anyone looking for drop in liners or other accessories should check out Ford accessories site. 20% off at the moment (zero affiliation) And as always make sure your sales rep is clear that you don't want any dealer installed options added to the order for the PDI without your approval or discussion on price. Good luck!
I'm not a Max Tow. Spray in Liner was still required for BAP. It's shown on the 23 Order Guide thread.

2023XLPB

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Toyota Camry
Ford Tracker still shows my truck as "In Production." I have received a few extra modules, 920 now, and a tear tag. No email yet.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm not a Max Tow. Spray in Liner was still required for BAP. It's shown on the 23 Order Guide thread.
Not sure what else requires spray in liner but I know that BAP with Max Tow does.

And the Factory spray in liner is by far inferior to LineX.
Sponsored