Sponsored

MallCrawler

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Maxima, 2022 Tremor on order
The auto industry (and rest of the world) is on fire and Edmunds is just sitting there drag racing Baja trophy trucks vs. hybrids.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Ohhh man, definitely going to need a bag of popcorn for what I'm sure is going to be civil debate in this thread.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
And this means what? It's fun to watch these drag race YouTube videos that everyone is doing now, but I wouldn't be hanging my hat on that. Take a F-150 Hybrid on a baja run and see how that works out. The TRX is faster than any stock truck out there, but I'd still take the Raptor for offroad.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Not surprising in the least. The 3.5L is the wrong engine for the F150, and I hope that soon they change it to a tuned 2.3L I4 with an identical motor/10R80 setup, leaving the 3.5L and 10R140 for the Superduty.

The thing that the PB's numbers don't show is its torque curve, which starts at 70 lb-ft at 0 RPM.

Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Ohhh man, definitely going to need a bag of popcorn for what I'm sure is going to be civil debate in this thread.

6 posts in and you’ve already got someone saying it doesn’t matter that a street truck beat and off-road truck on the street because it wasn’t tested off-road (LOL) and another saying the 3.5L only belongs in a Super Duty and the F150’s should get 4 bangers. Great start so far!

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
Interesting numbers.

And kinda irrelevant to me since I have no intention of racing any of those vehicles with my PowerBoost. If racing were my intent I'd probably have purchased a sports car - or at least gone with the TRX.

My PB is about good towing capacity with a generator and surprisingly good mileage for a 1/2-ton truck.

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
What is the point? All trucks with around 400 HP or more clearly have more than adequate acceleration. To me it makes as much sense as comparing compact cars payload or a tow rating.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
6 posts in and you’ve already got someone saying it doesn’t matter that a street truck beat and off-road truck on the street because it wasn’t tested off-road (LOL) and another saying the 3.5L only belongs in a Super Duty and the F150’s should get 4 bangers. Great start so far!
If that "street" truck was tested off-road against a Raptor or TRX and lost, what would that say? Nothing. I owned a PowerBoost and loved it, so I have no ill will towards it. Anyways, this is old news. TFL did a drag race with these trucks and the TRX last year and the PowerBoost beat the Raptor then.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Yawn......

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
If that "street" truck was tested off-road against a Raptor or TRX and lost, what would that say?
They would say “we tested a street truck against an off-road truck, off-road. The off-road truck was faster”.

That is what they would say. Just exactly like how they said the street truck was faster on the street than the off-road truck was.

They are not hiding that. At all. In fact the article clearly states that the Raptor is king off-road but isn’t in all scenarios.

You also keep bringing up the TRX for some reason. This article isn’t about the TRX, or Ferrari, or electric scooters.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They would say “we tested a street truck against an off-road truck, off-road. The off-road truck was faster”.

That is what they would say. Just exactly like how they said the street truck was faster on the street than the off-road truck was.

They are not hiding that. At all. In fact the article clearly states that the Raptor is king off-road but isn’t in all scenarios.

You also keep bringing up the TRX for some reason. This article isn’t about the TRX, or Ferrari, or electric scooters.
Well I didn't say "they" as in a publication. I said "that" as in what does it say about the truck, so perhaps you should read thoroughly before rushing to reply. I bring up the TRX since it's faster than both and a better comparison to the Raptor. Also, the TRX is compared to the others in the article, so bringing it up is valid.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
The more I see the cost of new F-150's, the more I want to just keep my 2020 5.0 and give it a mild level and proper headlights. The cost-benefit ratio just isn't there.
"Hey, dad, it took me 60 years but I finally get it."
Sponsored