Sponsored

10/24/22 - Build Week - MY 23

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Truck came in on the 20th, picked it up yesterday.

Adapting to the powerboost is...different. IMO the fit and cosmetic quality has improved over MY2022. Panel gaps always exist but I would have to pull the digital caliper to measure.

I am probably jinxing myself but I feel that paint quality is leaps and bounds better than the 21 & 22 model years. If I can get outside today I want to measure paint thickness/consistency on and over different panels. I was preparing to jump ship to Toyota or Ram if this truck came in jacked up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ryan74

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4

Adapting to the powerboost is...different. IMO the fit and cosmetic quality has improved over MY2022. Panel gaps always exist but I would have to pull the digital caliper to measure.

I am probably jinxing myself but I feel that paint quality is leaps and bounds better than the 21 & 22 model years. If I can get outside today I want to measure paint thickness/consistency on and over different panels. I was preparing to jump ship to Toyota or Ram if this truck came in jacked up.
Interesting let us know what you find

Jcfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP PB 4WD
Tuesday night one of the dealers I contacted awhile back messaged me that they got a platinum PB BAP same spec as the lariat I had ordered, that had just be delivered.

With my lariat still not shipped I jumped on the deal.

bought it last night, it was a special order someone didn’t want

2023 Agate Black Platinum PB BAP 4WD, 701A, bed utility package, moonroof, 7.2KW , 360 deg cam, max trailer tow, spray in bed-liner.

Drove it 3 hrs back home. The truck is absolutely amazing and I love it.

23f150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150

Would love some pics of you have time.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A

Do you have an elcometer?

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
Tuesday night one of the dealers I contacted awhile back messaged me that they got a platinum PB BAP same spec as the lariat I had ordered, that had just be delivered.

With my lariat still not shipped I jumped on the deal.

bought it last night, it was a special order someone didn’t want

2023 Agate Black Platinum PB BAP 4WD, 701A, bed utility package, moonroof, 7.2KW , 360 deg cam, max trailer tow, spray in bed-liner.

Drove it 3 hrs back home. The truck is absolutely amazing and I love it.

Awesome! How was pricing?

Jcfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome! How was pricing?
The dealer said they were going to mark it up 7500, I told them forget it. They got back to me next morning and said if I bought it that day they’d sell it for MSRP. Got it for MSRP

I’ll post pics later tonight

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
The dealer said they were going to mark it up 7500, I told them forget it. They got back to me next morning and said if I bought it that day they’d sell it for MSRP. Got it for MSRP

I’ll post pics later tonight
What a dick thing for the dealer to do.

Jcfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Do you have an elcometer?
DelFelsko, I use it but not as much as I did before the housing market upswing. I just want basic deviation from panel to panel and/or top to bottom.

Impression so far:
I drove 100 miles yesterday, 85% highway. I'm at my in-laws for Christmas. I'm going to conveniently go out for awhile and drive in city conditions to get a better opinion on the Powerboost. 25mph winds with a negative wind chill and temp falling to 8 F in the afternoon.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
I feel incredibly fortunate to have had mine built and delivered. Wishing this group deliveries still in 23!

PB is definitely different! I haven’t been able to get electric only off the line.

FTWAggie

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F-150 XL, 2008 F-150 XLT, 2023 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Human Resources

Blacky2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Platinum F150, 2023 Platinum F150 Hybrid
What a dick thing for the dealer to do.
Unfortunately that's just the reality of the car market right now. For the first time I know of, it's a better deal dollar for dollar to buy new vs. used. If you got a fair mark down from MSRP when you made a custom order, you could probably put a few thousand miles on your vehicle and sell it for more than you paid for it. Typically you'd lose a few grand the moment you drove it off the lot.

Ford dealerships are still in the business of making money, and they have little incentive to accommodate special order customers right now. If you refuse delivery, there will be 10 guys waiting to pay 10% more for it than you were going to.

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
Weather has been crap here lately. No good pics.

I like the Avalanche color, and the interior overall. Some of the dark plastic looks cheap, but the piano gloss black in the Ram scratches so easy that this might be better.

I noticed that Carplay let's you expand to the full screen unlike my Lightning. Truck still had plastic on the front shocks, and the fuel vent wasn't clipped. I have a rattle at idle that is frustrating. Overall, I'm very excited still.

Ford F-150 10/24/22 - Build Week - MY 23 FFE29343-4B0A-448B-82DD-4D1111AD4A9C
Sponsored