10/24/22 - Build Week - MY 23

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
I was on chip hold. Just saw status has changed to built and awaiting shipment.
Ford F-150 10/24/22 - Build Week - MY 23 CF938F68-C914-4D67-BF22-810CC6B3970E
Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)

MQZ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 F150 Raptor | 19 F150 XLT | 22 F150 Raptor
Glad to see others moving. Just to revisit my status for those of you moving along to the same status... in case it matters. I have been 'Shipped' or 'In Transit' since 10/28. Received email from ford with that status and various ETAS of 11/16-11/22 to 11/5-11/11 to 11/15-11/21. As of the latest and last status reported on 11/3 my truck is in a railyard in Albany, NY with same eta start and end dates -- 11/15-11/21... but ETA disposition states "On Hold". Now I have dug into this with no luck or understanding for weeks to best plan selling and securing financing as was told if shipped you should be safe. So I trusted that and now realize I may have jumped the gun as I now only have 10 days left on rate lock. Noone can help explain that hold... but have restated basically the same status yet never mentioned on hold. Now this doesn't mean your going to face the same fate or maybe they caught you at the door with whatever issues exist for these trucks and they are resolved and mine made its way somewhere instead of being caught at home. But I am stuck away and have been since 11/3. Might be transport is all... but as of this a.m. still 'On hold'. I know I am within ETA range... but does anyone know what ETA disposition 'On hold' means? Not driving down anyone's good news... just wondering is all. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

MrHappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 f150
Occupation
Sales
Sweet baby Jesus I have been let down, yeah my truck snot at the dealer.. But does it suprise me.. Nope... I am not show, awaiting shippment and secondary "released" anyone know what that means?

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
Glad to see others moving. Just to revisit my status for those of you moving along to the same status... in case it matters. I have been 'Shipped' or 'In Transit' since 10/28. Received email from ford with that status and various ETAS of 11/16-11/22 to 11/5-11/11 to 11/15-11/21. As of the latest and last status reported on 11/3 my truck is in a railyard in Albany, NY with same eta start and end dates -- 11/15-11/21... but ETA disposition states "On Hold". Now I have dug into this with no luck or understanding for weeks to best plan selling and securing financing as was told if shipped you should be safe. So I trusted that and now realize I may have jumped the gun as I now only have 10 days left on rate lock. Noone can help explain that hold... but have restated basically the same status yet never mentioned on hold. Now this doesn't mean your going to face the same fate or maybe they caught you at the door with whatever issues exist for these trucks and they are resolved and mine made its way somewhere instead of being caught at home. But I am stuck away and have been since 11/3. Might be transport is all... but as of this a.m. still 'On hold'. I know I am within ETA range... but does anyone know what ETA disposition 'On hold' means? Not driving down anyone's good news... just wondering is all. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I was thinking about what you posted on FRF regarding the different secondary memos for your status.
You have to be on a QC hold, there isn’t any other option. It must have failed final inspection. I’ve read things about several issues currently. Your truck was probably already past the usual lot hold and in the shipping phase so it’s in some sort of limbo I bet. Of course the B&O is one, but apparently some paint issues (specifically IS), some problems with weatherstripping that is twisting, and something with the IS cluster.

They have recalled trucks from dealers due to some of these issues and put stop-shipments in. I guess the new QC Czar is taking it seriously because 21/22 had a ridiculous amount of recalls and TSBs

Sponsored

MQZ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 F150 Raptor | 19 F150 XLT | 22 F150 Raptor
I was thinking about what you posted on FRF regarding the different secondary memos for your status.
You have to be on a QC hold, there isn’t any other option. It must have failed final inspection. I’ve read things about several issues currently. Your truck was probably already past the usual lot hold and in the shipping phase so it’s in some sort of limbo I bet. Of course the B&O is one, but apparently some paint issues (specifically IS), some problems with weatherstripping that is twisting, and something with the IS cluster.

They have recalled trucks from dealers due to some of these issues and put stop-shipments in. I guess the new QC Czar is taking it seriously because 21/22 had a ridiculous amount of recalls and TSBs
Dealership doesn't see the hold ETA disposition looking at vehicle visibility through their inventory screen/page. But Ford does depending on who you talk to there. But all of them have said the same status, date and ETA range. It's difficult to tell if one status has updated past the other one on one's system and which one is true. But if its on hold your theory makes sense.

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
Dealership doesn't see the hold ETA disposition looking at vehicle visibility through their inventory screen/page. But Ford does depending on who you talk to there. But all of them have said the same status, date and ETA range. It's difficult to tell if one status has updated past the other one on one's system and which one is true. But if its on hold your theory makes sense.
Hmm… I have seen screenshots of the disposition online for certain. I can’t remember where but I know that I’ve seen one specifying B&O and one on the Bronco forum with the MIC roof. Maybe it only gives them the option to add those in certain scenarios.

I don’t know what to think of the ETA dates agreeing. Just to see, I messaged Ford Chat, Ford Performance Chat, and my salesman the same day and got three different status remarks and ETAs. It might mean that your status is more certain and a more secure ETA.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Once the truck leaves the ford plant, they have no control on when it shows up. They are at the mercy of the trucking, or train, company delivering the truck.

I know that ford has a contract with trucking companies to ferry the truck from the train yard to the dealer within 20 day's of arrival.

so once I get to the shipping part what I would do to track it is, find out which train/trucking company is doing it and reach out to them. not ford or the dealer. although it would be nice if they did that for me.

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: MQZ

collinma40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Did anyone else loose their window sticker on the Ford website?

Mine is " Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle. "

Fortunately I downloaded it when it was available but it hasn't been accessible online for a few days now. Just curious if it's just me.

Kensretired

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Occupation
N/A
Once the truck leaves the ford plant, they have no control on when it shows up. They are at the mercy of the trucking, or train, company delivering the truck.

I know that ford has a contract with trucking companies to ferry the truck from the train yard to the dealer within 20 day's of arrival.

so once I get to the shipping part what I would do to track it is, find out which train/trucking company is doing it and reach out to them. not ford or the dealer. although it would be nice if they did that for me.

Just my 2 cents
When you say once the truck leaves the Ford Plant its out of their control are you taking into consideration the all too many that are sitting in various locations awaiting chips?

Sponsored

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
When you say once the truck leaves the Ford Plant its out of their control are you taking into consideration the all too many that are sitting in various locations awaiting chips?
I didn't think they left the plant awaiting shipment if they are on chip hold. anything on Chip hold is, I would think, under Ford control.

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
My status changed to built as of 11/20. My dealer checked today and it says chip hold.

collinma40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just spoke with the dealer today. Since I'm in Buffalo (insert over 6' of snow here)...the rail yard is shut for for "at least" a week. Fun times.

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Did anyone else loose their window sticker on the Ford website?

Mine is " Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle. "

Fortunately I downloaded it when it was available but it hasn't been accessible online for a few days now. Just curious if it's just me.
Clear browser history, try a different bowser or use this website (add your VIN at the end) https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=