First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
So...........Picking up my truck with no call back from Ford..........................This sucks
Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Man this sucks. Got this done on March 28th, and NO CHANGE.

In fact it is now even worse becuase i am gettnig a black screen suddenly while driving which NEVER happened before. Wonderful.

Ford F-150 1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers 1649906693040

Ford F-150 1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers 1649906628852

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I have an appointment next Wednesday to get past 1.7.1. I asked the dealer to bring it up to the current version and they said they would. Also getting the brake module taken care of and a new amp and a module for the radio/display. Have a great Easter weekend everyone!!!

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Being an ex Ford truck salesman, in California, at the now defunct Freedom Ford.........I sure wish Ford would get there stuff together.........Help Ford

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
My truck failed back in february but finally updated to 1.7.1 earlier this week on its own.

Sponsored

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
My truck failed back in february but finally updated to 1.7.1 earlier this week on its own.
Mine did this two or three times for about one day each time. After a day or so, the 1.7.1 update reverted back to being stuck. It's at the dealer now.

I hope your truck holds the update and gets the next OTA as designed.

Last edited:

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
APIM was replaced, now my software version is 21146_Product, revision 145. Maybe this means I’m all set to resume getting OTA updates?

ken325i

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired
APIM was replaced, now my software version is 21146_Product, revision 145. Maybe this means I’m all set to resume getting OTA updates?
21146 is the 1.7.1 update. I read in another thread that Ford has stopped pushing updates to all versions lower than 2.3.1. Many people are manually updating their software to >=2.3.1 in order to install Blue Cruise (dealers having problems doing it). Once they do this the OTA updates will re-start.

In late March, my dealer repaired the failed OTA 1.7.1 update, per the Ford TSB. Like yours, I am now only to 21146 (1.7.1). I have not received any OTA updates. I talked to Ford. It was like talking into a black hole. They said wait a couple of weeks and if I have not received updates, carry it back to the dealer.

In reading all the forum posts, Ford has been pretty pathetic in their rollout of Sync 4, OTA software updates, etc. For owners to be put in position of either 1) not receiving updates, or 2) having to buy Mongoose adapters and FDRS license in order to install their own OTA software updates is pretty pathetic.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Now there is a new recall out.. Man i took my truck in 2 times in the last 2 weeks trying to get all the bugs ironed out before RV season. now i gotta go in again?

i am on 1.7.1 finally.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Update.
The truck is still at the dealership bricked and undrivable for 21 days.(Since April 7th)

Today out of the blue I received an email from the Ford Motor Company OTA in vehicle technology team.

They asked:.
We're you able to get your truck update completed?
My response :
No the truck has now been at the dealership for 21 days. it's now undrivable. They can't tell me why, other than they are waiting for Ford's technician support line to call them back.
They asked:
Please send me your dealerships name.
My response:
I Sent name of the name of my dealership.

One hour later, I received a phone call from Ford Motor Company. Apparently they called the dealership and didn't like the answers they received either. They requested the dealership send all service documentation regarding my truck, and are looking into it now and said they have resources to resolve this quickly. They told me, they will be sending one or more people out to the dealership. And that I needn't call the dealer any further regarding the repair. They told me the next time you hear from your dealer you will be told "your truck is ready for pick up"
We will see about this..
To be continued..

Last edited:

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I have a 1k mile trip in three weeks and I am afraid to take it in. But I am praying for you.

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
I have a 1k mile trip in three weeks and I am afraid to take it in. But I am praying for you.
For real. I've been thinking about this recently, my truck runs and drives and does all it's truck stuff fine, the only problem I have is not getting updates. It sounds like such a risk to try to even get it fixed I don't know if it's worth it, I really don't even think I'm missing out on that much. At least not compared to the possibility of it being bricked or even out of service for weeks.

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
With a long trip coming up I would not attempt a fix. I am in a 6k mile trip and tried to have my truck updated before I left. The update was unsuccessful and I lost Intelligent cruse control and steering assist. Also had a little panic when the the navigation went out and the touch screen was unresponsive. I was stuck on the same radio station and couldn't change anything. Thankfully at the next fuel stop I found how to hard reboot the system in the forum and all was back to normal.