Sponsored

1.5 month old F150 not starting (long rant)

xlr8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Went to the store yesterday and when I came out my truck('21 F150 SCrew XLT 302A) wouldn't start. There was about 8-10 error messages that was on the screen--Engine overheating, cross traffic sensor, park sensors, parking brake, etc) and used ford roadside. Tried to jump and wouldn't start so they tow'd it to my dealership. Get there this morning and they kept saying it could've been animals chewing on the electrical harness? So, they tell me they can't even look at it for probably 3-4 days and they don't have loaners. I ask if they can get me a rental and they said I would have to pay for it myself with a 50/50 chance of it being reimbursed depending on what they find wrong. To add insult, they tell me I have to make sure the loaner is a ford otherwise they won't pay for any of it.

I've read a few posts on here about batteries dying shortly after truck purchase, so I'm crossing my fingers on that. I feel like they are already trying to blame it on a critter eating a wiring harness to get out of warranty work. These guys were acting like they were doing me a favor. Ridiculous, I'll keep this thread updated..
Sponsored

Joe999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 502 - Agate Black
Went to the store yesterday and when I came out my truck('21 F150 SCrew XLT 302A) wouldn't start. There was about 8-10 error messages that was on the screen--Engine overheating, cross traffic sensor, park sensors, parking brake, etc) and used ford roadside. Tried to jump and wouldn't start so they tow'd it to my dealership. Get there this morning and they kept saying it could've been animals chewing on the electrical harness? So, they tell me they can't even look at it for probably 3-4 days and they don't have loaners. I ask if they can get me a rental and they said I would have to pay for it myself with a 50/50 chance of it being reimbursed depending on what they find wrong. To add insult, they tell me I have to make sure the loaner is a ford otherwise they won't pay for any of it.

I've read a few posts on here about batteries dying shortly after truck purchase, so I'm crossing my fingers on that. I feel like they are already trying to blame it on a critter eating a wiring harness to get out of warranty work. These guys were acting like they were doing me a favor. Ridiculous, I'll keep this thread updated..
Exact same thing happened to me. I came out to My truck not starting on one morning. Had to get it towed to the dealership, it took 4-5 days to fix and they said it was some electrical issue and they had to reset the modual. Very frustrating.

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
Is this Powerboost?

OP
OP

xlr8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
XLT 302A 2.7 Ecoboost

OP
OP

xlr8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Just following up here, got my truck back the next day and they diagnosed it as a bad battery. They fixed me up with a new battery, and said they updated a module. Everything has been running fine ever since, I'll keep my fingers crossed and update this thread if anything else happens.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If you have another dealer near you, use that one. It sounds like the service advisor you spoke with was a jackass, especially since bad batteries have been a pretty consistent issue with the 2021 trucks and there's even been news articles about it.

The fact that they immediately jumped to a certain conclusion should say a lot about how they hire and train their employees. My closest dealer is the same way, I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone with their lame and preposterous excuses about why they couldn't fix the misaligned doors that my truck was shipped with. I finally gave up and took it to a dealer farther away, they fixed the problem in less than 15 minutes!

Glad the issue was resolved and hopefully that will be the worst of it.
Sponsored