First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I've seen these stats quite frequently and I can't help but ponder. There are numerous threads, posts and images of fields and stadiums filled with partially built trucks. Of the trucks that they are spitting out, how many of them are actually fully built vs. partial? Is a truck really built if it's on chip hold, missing a wiper motor or heat exchanger?
Trucks do not go from Production to Built until it is complete. There is a plant hold for trucks that need additional work. Those that did not pass inspection or something failes after. Chip hold, of course, is its own status.

Most of those pics are old. Yes some are on chip hold. Most lots you see are those waiting to be shipped, not on hold.

No clue why some have been waiting so long to get shipped.
Sponsored

ochoae01

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F-150 Hybrid Platinum Antimatter Blue, Blk pkg
Occupation
Engineer
Checked tracker. Order date is 2/4/2022. Latest Planned Production date of 8/1/2022 locked down. Could view my Window Sticker on 8/2 Shows BLEND of 8/3/2022. Nothing from Ford, directly.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Those of you with blend dates 8/1 - 8/4, have you checked modules or received updates on the build status yet?

Also, anyone with builds this week having spray in bed liners done at the plant? Just curious if they're still doing them, despite stopping orders of them before the 22MY cutoff.

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 (on order)
Blend date 8/3. No status update from Ford at this point..

Window sticker shows that Ford is doing the spray in bed liner at the plant....

Original order was placed 2/28.

RGJIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Occupation
GC
I saw someone built a week or two ago that had the sprayed in bedliner on their Window Sticker, so they are doing them, but my salesman recommended that I remove mine because there has been a long delay between build and ship because the bedliner folks are so far behind. I don't know if that's true, just what I was told.

Sponsored

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have two trucks being built. The second dealer has been much more helpful and had me remove the Bed liner b/c originally they were not selecting builds that included the bedliner so it would make sense that even though they are now building these trucks, they are way behind. I’ll keep everyone apprised my personal saga….

wesb2013

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2014 F150
I show 702 modules (yes, I counted). Is there any way to know what the modules are or how many there are supposed to be?

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
The new truck showed up on Ford Pass today, to activate. I guess it is actually "alive". Blend date was 8/04. I assume that it will go into the bed liner pattern and then the shipping holding pen. Many more weeks to go.

Edit: clarified that it showed up today, 3 days after blend, in case that helps anyone.

Last edited:

WestlakeHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The new truck showed up on Ford Pass today, to activate. I guess it is actually "alive". Blend date was 8/04. I assume that it will go into the bed liner pattern and then the shipping holding pen. Many more weeks to go.

Edit: clarified that it showed up today, 3 days after blend, in case that helps anyone.
Thank you! Mine appeared in Ford Pass for activation today as well. My blend date was 8/5.

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
Thank you! Mine appeared in Ford Pass for activation today as well. My blend date was 8/5.
I have a few days to pace the floor then. My blend date is today. Dang I'm excited.

Sponsored

RGJIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Occupation
GC
Blend date 8/5. 966 BCE modules showed up last night.nothing else as far as I can tell.

charlesdf22

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few Toyota’s
Mine too. I've been checking to see if any modules populated, but nothing yet.
Similar. Blend was Saturday and waiting for modules to populate.

charlesdf22

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few Toyota’s

wesb2013

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2014 F150
Ford chat says my truck is expected to make it to the dealer on 8/13! They also said it's on chip hold so I'm betting it won't be here 8/13. FML
Sponsored