Sponsored

06/6/22 Build Week Group

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
Just talked to ford chat. Truck is on chip hold with no ETA.
I think we now know what happened in the second part of the 06\06 week - ford ran out of chips. Really worried this can go sideways now. Seen lots of people months in chip hold.
Sponsored

M101T800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB. 2017 Z71 Tahoe
I think we now know what happened in the second part of the 06\06 week - ford ran out of chips. Really worried this can go sideways now. Seen lots of people months in chip hold.
Yeah, that’s what I’m worried about. Chip hold seems like truck purgatory.
At this point I wonder if ordering a 2023 in July would be a better option.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
I get it but how do they still start the next build week and complete some of those trucks.

The whole order process has just been a confusing mess.

Dealers not communicating commodity restraints and then Ford deleting options without requiring the customers input is just poor customer service.

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 & 2022 F150 on order
Occupation
Architect
Chip hold too!

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
Just chatted with Ford (6/6 Blend, 6/9 production date). They said I'm still awaiting shipment with ETA 6/20 - 6/26 so i think yall might be onto something with them running out of chips later in our build week.

Sponsored

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
Blend date 06/10.. In production 06/18..have tear tag and activate button..

Sales guy at the dealer just now sent me a screen shot.. On chip hold.. End date July 10 to July 25th!

The rest of you on chip hold.. Please let us know when you get out of chip hold!

Forwell

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 ruby red f150 fx4 5.0
It's so weird how no matter who you talk to they have a different answer my dealer told me truck is built awaiting shipment . Ford chat told me truck is still in production with end date June 30 and the tracker shows no ETA's just says in production .. Ford is really starting to piss me off with there communication and how no one can give you the same answer . I'm hoping my salesman is right in saying it's built and awaiting shipment but I don't know what to believe anymore . I too have no modules showing up . bend 06/09

ftrevino7

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
It's so weird how no matter who you talk to they have a different answer my dealer told me truck is built awaiting shipment . Ford chat told me truck is still in production with end date June 30 and the tracker shows no ETA's just says in production .. Ford is really starting to piss me off with there communication and how no one can give you the same answer . I'm hoping my salesman is right in saying it's built and awaiting shipment but I don't know what to believe anymore . I too have no modules showing up . bend 06/09
Your salesman is probably wrong, Ford chat and my dealer always gave me the same info. Dealer would even send over the VVR report with time and location. Sounds like your salesman just wants to buy himself time and get you off his back

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A PowerBoost 7.2kw
Ford chat updated my delivery range from July 3-9 to ETA to the dealer on the 9th now. Still currently in the loading ramp in MI.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
Confirmed, Platinum Long bed PB with a 6/11/22 Blend is on a Chip Hold. ETA to dealer is supposedly 7/19/22 but I doubt that’s a solid timeline.

Sponsored

tag1399

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501A
Just chatted with Ford (6/6 Blend, 6/9 production date). They said I'm still awaiting shipment with ETA 6/20 - 6/26 so i think yall might be onto something with them running out of chips later in our build week.
Wonder if there’s a common theme. I was a 6/9 blend but shipped. But I wasn’t a powerboost - maybe the PBs got chip held?

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
It's weird because I talked to chat yesterday and they had told me I was in production with an ETA of 7/13.

However , I must be in the same boat as many of you on a hold. (6/09, 5089, PB, tear tag no mods)

I just can't for the life of me understand why things seem so fluid with these chips on a daily basis. Yesterday my truck was going to be in Iowa on 7/13 and today an indefinite hold.

It's like they run out of chips like I run out of eggs when I decide to make brownies without bothering to check the fridge first. Don't they count the effin chips they have and look how many trucks are being built?? Then (when you see a deficit) you could proactively notify your customers' so they can tame their expectations. I'm a grown up. I can handle bad news empathetically. I just struggle with misinformation and disorganization.

One minute I'm looking at flights to Iowa and calling my credit union, the next I'm trying to see if I can extend my current lease another month. JC, where's the Tylenol!

Dmarshall019

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 PB
Seems like there has been a lot of movement today (good and bad) so I decided to contact Ford Chat. I was told my truck has been produced with an ETA to the dealer of 7/18 to 7/24. My blend date was 6/8 and I believe I was one of the last to have modules populated. I have a 500a Powerboost for what it’s worth.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
When and if my truck gets built and it's time to pay, I think I'm going to tell Ford I'm on a money hold. I'll tell them they will for sure get their money, but my money hold is actually an indefinite one, so I cant say when. When I left to pick up my truck the day prior, I wasn't on a money hold and fully expected to pay for the truck. My bank even chatted me on the internet and said there was definitely no money hold. But this morning, I'm back on a money hold. You see, I have no way of knowing how much money I will have at any given moment (other than counting) so Ford will just have to keep my truck unsold until I decide that I no longer have said money hold.

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
Ford chat updated my delivery range from July 3-9 to ETA to the dealer on the 9th now. Still currently in the loading ramp in MI.
I am there with you although my ETA is 7/8 to dealer! Lol
Sponsored