First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Awesome news - that’s the face of a happy happy man!!
I was pretty nervous going in to today. Just never know how dealership will go. But my salesman was awesome the whole way through. It did take a little bit of knowledge (thank goodness for this site) on my end to make sure I got the deals I was entitled to. But yes, I am a very happy fella now!!!
Sponsored

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
I was pretty nervous going in to today. Just never know how dealership will go. But my salesman was awesome the whole way through. It did take a little bit of knowledge (thank goodness for this site) on my end to make sure I got the deals I was entitled to. But yes, I am a very happy fella now!!!
That’s why I opted to sell the car rather than trade - even an honest dealer knows he’s got you over the coals if you are coming to pick up a custom order you waited months for - car sold for about 2k over estimated trade value and within 24 hours of when I posted it online. I also have financing already arranged through my bank, they can try to beat it if they can but I’m not relying on them entirely. Hopefully (said somewhat sarcastically) my truck hits the dealership this week and I can put the plan in action and join the all smiles club.

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
That’s why I opted to sell the car rather than trade - even an honest dealer knows he’s got you over the coals if you are coming to pick up a custom order you waited months for - car sold for about 2k over estimated trade value and within 24 hours of when I posted it online. I also have financing already arranged through my bank, they can try to beat it if they can but I’m not relying on them entirely. Hopefully (said somewhat sarcastically) my truck hits the dealership this week and I can put the plan in action and join the all smiles club.
Pullin for ya!!! Hopefully any day now. Lord knows we've all waited long enough. I was fully ready to walk out if need be and sell mine privately, but I was happy with the offer I got. My bottom line was exceeded and just one less thing to worry about. Sounds like you are ready to get it done too!!!

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Pullin for ya!!! Hopefully any day now. Lord knows we've all waited long enough. I was fully ready to walk out if need be and sell mine privately, but I was happy with the offer I got. My bottom line was exceeded and just one less thing to worry about. Sounds like you are ready to get it done too!!!
Yeah I don’t know much but I know me - and I’m so ready for the truck to get here I’d probably take $2 for the trade and sign up for 18% interest just to be able to drive off with it when it gets here. Best to plan ahead lol

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Starting to feel like the caboose here. Truck arrived at dealer 7/23, just finished pdi, now I’m waiting to get scheduled for pickup.

Sponsored

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Starting to feel like the caboose here. Truck arrived at dealer 7/23, just finished pdi, now I’m waiting to get scheduled for pickup.
Don’t you fret - you’re not last in line my precious - after a quick haul by CSX mine has been sitting in the rail yard about 2 hours from my dealership since at least July 21st. Hopeful it’ll hit the dealership sometime this week but not holding my breath since apparently there’s a shortage of (checks notes) truck drivers now.

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Don’t you fret - you’re not last in line my precious - after a quick haul by CSX mine has been sitting in the rail yard about 2 hours from my dealership since at least July 21st. Hopeful it’ll hit the dealership sometime this week but not holding my breath since apparently there’s a shortage of (checks notes) truck drivers now.
Oh man that blows. Mine sat a few days at flat rock, mi, then moved to ramp 58. After that took best part of a week to arrive in IA.

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Oh man that blows. Mine sat a few days at flat rock, mi, then moved to ramp 58. After that took best part of a week to arrive in IA.
I’m assuming part of the issue is it’s a small dealer in the middle of nowhere - but these guys have been rock solid for my in-laws literally for decades and many purchases, and are doing me right so far on this one with incentives and price protection - while waiting sucks - I wouldn’t go through this process with anyone else. Hopefully it’s wrapped up soon though because I’m getting really antsy lol

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Got a few pictures, I’ll be headed out to IA to pick-up Monday.
Ford F-150 06/20/22 Build Week 0AFD4AE9-24D3-4210-9F28-E827B3F08497
Ford F-150 06/20/22 Build Week E8B75C7D-D86C-41FE-96EB-5AE8205A59FA

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Got a few pictures, I’ll be headed out to IA to pick-up Monday.
0AFD4AE9-24D3-4210-9F28-E827B3F08497.jpeg
E8B75C7D-D86C-41FE-96EB-5AE8205A59FA.jpeg
Oh man - happy for you - I haven’t seen a single truck in here that doesn’t look amazing - yours is no different. Hope it runs as good as it looks!

Sponsored

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Oh man - happy for you - I haven’t seen a single truck in here that doesn’t look amazing - yours is no different. Hope it runs as good as it looks!

Thanks. Those chrome mirror caps have got to go.

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Thanks. Those chrome mirror caps have got to go.
Oooh - let’s play a game where you order new mirror caps from the farthest place in the USA from your address as possible - and we’ll see if they get to your house before my truck gets to my dealership which is less than a hundred miles away from the rail yard! That’ll be a fun one!

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Has it arrived yet?
Nope - we’re now past Ford’s latest estimated delivery date - neither ford chat nor the dealership has any insight on when it’ll go from rail yard to the dealer. I’m impatient by nature so I’m chalking this one up to God teaching me a lesson and rolling with the punches at this point.
Sponsored