First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat Powerboost 4x4 Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Built May 6th... no one can give me any sort of update. If you could pass along the exec's email... I'd love to go that route as well
Exactly why I gave up and bought the Lariat that happened to be in stock.

michaelh24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Technical Product Manager
FYI, you guys should check your lug nuts after 100 miles or so. I know that is supposed to be standard to check, but I put on some lock nuts today so no one could steal my wheels (thanks Ford for not including them on a $1500 wheel option) and the other lugs definately had to be retorqued. They were not hand loose, but went about half a turn to tighten back down @150lbs.

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
FYI, you guys should check your lug nuts after 100 miles or so. I know that is supposed to be standard to check, but I put on some lock nuts today so no one could steal my wheels (thanks Ford for not including them on a $1500 wheel option) and the other lugs definately had to be retorqued. They were not hand loose, but went about half a turn to tighten back down @150lbs.
I'd add that there was a slight shake in my steering wheel at highway speeds around 70mph. I started to look into different things, mainly wheel balance, tire pressure, and alignment first. While doing that I came across a balance machine that does Road Force balance. Never heard of it till now, for those like myself it's where they apply pressure to your wheels to simulate the weight of the truck on the road. The Discount Tire up from my house has the Hunter Elite balance machine which apparently is the best currently. They found 2 of my tires a couple ounces off and the other two good. So far it's much less noticeable and drives smoother. Waiting for my cap on backorder for the bed to add some more weight.

michaelh24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Technical Product Manager
I'd add that there was a slight shake in my steering wheel at highway speeds around 70mph. I started to look into different things, mainly wheel balance, tire pressure, and alignment first. While doing that I came across a balance machine that does Road Force balance. Never heard of it till now, for those like myself it's where they apply pressure to your wheels to simulate the weight of the truck on the road. The Discount Tire up from my house has the Hunter Elite balance machine which apparently is the best currently. They found 2 of my tires a couple ounces off and the other two good. So far it's much less noticeable and drives smoother. Waiting for my cap on backorder for the bed to add some more weight.
Good to know. I should probably hit 70 before I drive 250 miles away to see what it does. I don't think I have been over 60 yet.

Sponsored

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
The XLT, that I originally ordered didn’t have the work station. I also thought that I wouldn’t mind not having one.
Now that I have this Lariat that does have it, I don’t know how I managed without one. I’m loving it.

0B84A246-32FA-4DCE-B8C3-F3FBCB27BA6F.jpeg
Yeah only used mine once in the two weeks I've had the truck but it is a nice feature.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Yeah only used mine once in the two weeks I've had the truck but it is a nice feature.
I specifically ordered the work surface in order to eat in the truck. Sure I could use it for work, but since my job is hands on, traveling eating surface it is. ;)

Brego

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Having been a 63B (mechanic) in the Army and managed vehicle service centers, I’ve always checked the lug nuts on new or used vehicles. Great post and advice!

jnight99

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Platinum
Thanks for posting. I also ordered anti matter blue, but haven’t seen many pictures of the color. It looks great with the sunlight hitting it.
Here is another AMB in the sun I took today on the shores of Prince Edward Island.

Ford F-150 05/09/22 Build week 20220806_174913

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Very nice. Can’t wait to get mine. 9/26 build week so I’ll be one of the last 22 Platinums.

Sponsored

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Good post. I checked today and they were not torqued to spec. They are now. Thanks.

Brego

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
You might end up with a 23 instead.
Let’s hope not. That’s what happened with the Maverick Hybrid I had on order. All of us Maverick buyers who didn’t get built don’t get any priority for ‘23 orders.

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
Reactions: TJE

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
Mine just showed up to the dealership. It was shipped 8/1. Woohoo. They said I can pick it up Wednesday!
Sponsored