First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
FWIW I've seen PB window stickers with auto start/stop removal.
That's interesting, didn't think you could have it work.
Sponsored

sledge4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F-150 (XLT PB Hybrid, 302A, SAP, max tow)
Hmmm… I don’t have any those options. So what chip hold could I be having?

cpisci3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX 3.5
I also don’t have those options, I ordered an STX, it’s almost as basic as they come.. I have no clue what could be the hold up on mine.

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
OK, just went old school and called Ford directly. I talked with a lovely lady named Betty. She was helpful with some information that I thought I'd share. She told me I was on microchip hold and read me a list of what was holding up builds:
  • Auto Start/Stop Module - nope. Had it removed
  • Auto Park Assist - nope.
  • Carmello (sp?) seats - nope. Lariat black leather
  • Max Recline - nope. Again, Lariat
  • Contour Seats - nope. Lariat...
  • Adaptive Cruise Control - DING, DING, DING! There you go.
So apparently if you have one or more of the above you are in chip hold. My ETA to the dealer is confirmed to be 9/28-10/4. You could hear her surprise when she read off those dates and she advised I call back in a month to see if it came off chip hold. She was very helpful and sympathetic so as I always advise when calling, don't shoot the messenger.

Updating sheet now.

Interesting! I have a 501a lariat with none of those options/features. Hmmmm the mystery continues!

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I'm expecting nothing tonight or tomorrow morning.

Waking up tomorrow and learning they never even built something that resembled a truck. My window sticker disappears and goes to the 404 “Check back again later” and the tracker says “Order Confirmed”.

I call…
Ford: “Congratulations on your order” they blurt from the script.
Me: “My truck was ‘In Production’ and now says ‘Order Confirmed’, here’s my VIN #….”
Ford: “Can you give me 2-3 minutes to gather some information for you”
Me: “Sure”
….
Ford: “I can see your previous status was ‘In Production’, but it now says ‘In Order Processing’, I have some great news you have a build day of 10/10/22”
Me: ….
Ford: “Are you there sir?”
Me: “Yeah, is this supposed to be a sick Groundhog Day joke”
Ford: “No sir, we thank you for choosing Ford! Is there anything else I can help you with today?”
*Receiver clicks*

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 XLT
I’ll admit to being more than a little confused by the whole Auto Start-Stop and Auto Start-Stop Delete thing. Some say that the reason it shows up as a no-charge delete for a Powerboost is that it’s just another artifact of Ford’s less-than-efficient methods for managing overlapping features across the confusing array of trim levels and optional packages. Personally, I think it that it shows up because the standard Auto Start-Stop module might actually be removed and replaced with something even more sophisticated to manage the interactions with the hybrid electrical system.

Which makes me wonder whether Auto Start-Stop Delete isn’t as simple as just yanking out a module. I’m pretty sure I can’t do that on my 2017. It’d be the cruelest form of irony if the hold is because Ford doesn’t have enough of whatever part is needed to implement Auto Start-Stop Delete.

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: '13 XLT 4x2 Soon(?): '22 501A Sport SCrew FX4

Waking up tomorrow and learning they never even built something that resembled a truck. My window sticker disappears and goes to the 404 “Check back again later” and the tracker says “Order Confirmed”.

I call…
Me: “My truck was ‘In Production’ and now says ‘Order Confirmed’, here’s my VIN #….”
….
Ford: “I can see your previous status was ‘In Production’, but it now says ‘In Order Processing’, I have some great news you have a build day of 10/10/22”
Ford: “No sir, we thank you for choosing Ford! Is there anything else I can help you with today?”
*Receiver clicks*
This is art

Joey760

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Supercrew 502A on order

I call…
….
*Receiver clicks*
dude, you deserve a free truck at this point. I think you have gotten hosed more than anyone in this forum it seems.

Sponsored

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Interesting! I have a 501a lariat with none of those options/features. Hmmmm the mystery continues!
Might not be a comprehensive list. It's just what Miss Betty passed on. It was almost as if she didn't know what was in my order just reading off the list of thing the Dearborn plant was short of.

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat

I call…
….
*Receiver clicks*
It would be a cruel joke for sure.

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods tonight (Philly) picking up my daughter from school.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
dude, you deserve a free truck at this point. I think you have gotten hosed more than anyone in this forum it seems.
Some have it far worse. I'll just be happy with the agreed upon price protected order price.

It would be a cruel joke for sure.

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods tonight (Philly) picking up my daughter from school.
Ordered from there due to forum discount 4% under the invoice, I'm within 10% of the middle between the plant and the dealership, if my truck ever gets built, it'll probably roll right past me a few days before I can actually get it.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Modules are populated and I’ll sort them tomorrow…

Hopefully FordPass is sorted by then too.
Ford F-150 05/09/22 Build week 07807AF1-4920-4B7C-A321-DEA7A32B57DF
Ford F-150 05/09/22 Build week E1BAEA57-8698-4DD1-8593-4BC1D34AD9AE

River

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT
I just got the email saying my truck has been built - also showing a delivery date of early to mid October to the dealer in NH.

Glad I was waiting for a shipping date to sell my truck. Hopefully the used market stay's pretty good...
Update: Almost exactly 24 hours later I got an email that my truck has shipped and has an June 5 to June 11 ETA.
Sponsored