Sponsored

03/21/22 Build Week Group

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Is chat still telling you they don’t have rail car information anymore? I’ve never heard of vehicles switching train cars in transit. I would think most rail yards don’t even have that capability
Sponsored

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Is chat still telling you they don’t have rail car information anymore? I’ve never heard of vehicles switching train cars in transit. I would think most rail yards don’t even have that capability
yea.It originally shipped with Canadian Nat and they gave me my rail car number then.
When it reached Chicago to switch to Union Pacific it disappeared from the Ford system. No tracking update and no rail car any longer. I asked why that was and one chat person said it would be unloaded and reloaded on a UP car. Another chat person said it was weird and May be the same car even though it doesn’t show anymore.
So I’ve just kept tracking the original car since, even though Ford has done stuff that makes you go hmmm, it just seems too dumb to change rail cars. Seems that would open up for a lot more damage and delay in shipping

Greg2561

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 SSV, 2022 F-150 Lariat 5 w/ BlueCruise
Occupation
Public Safety
My shipping experience to date

my Platinum finally shipped.

I was given a rail car number and thought I was set.

Truck was loaded and left DB and arrived in IL to switch over to Union Pacific on 6/11

After arrival it disappeared. Ford says their last update was the arrival on 6/11 and that they no longer have a rail car associated with my truck. They don’t know what happened or why it has disappeared for the last 4 days.

One rep said when it switches carriers they unload the trucks from the incoming rail car and put them in a lot and then load them on a new rail car. Timing could be days to weeks for that to happen. Seem kinda off to me

Another rep said it’s the same rail car number it just takes time to update from UP. So I tracked that rail car. It departed from Beck, NE (wherever that is. Only Beck I found was a neighborhood outside North Platte) 3 days ago and has also since disappeared.

Friggin Murphy gets me every time
Nomad, they definitely do not unload them when it switches from one railroad to another. That's why you will see all kinds of autoracks all over the country; UP in Florida and CSX in California, CN in Texas. Sometimes they don't even change power, although this is not as common. You should be good as they usually don't sit for too long in the yards. Good luck!

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Nomad, they definitely do not unload them when it switches from one railroad to another. That's why you will see all kinds of autoracks all over the country; UP in Florida and CSX in California, CN in Texas. Sometimes they don't even change power, although this is not as common. You should be good as they usually don't sit for too long in the yards. Good luck!
Yea I didn’t think so.

The original rail car was on track to be in Vegas last night but it seemed to have gotten delayed on WY and then seems another delay this morning in UT. But regardless it’s almost here! So hopefully I’ll have it next week

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Well the train with my truck was supposed to arrive in Vegas the night of 6/17 and has been delayed at the Strawberry rail yard in Utah since. Had hoped it would be here so I could pick it up on my BDay on Tuesday. Knowing it’s close enough that I could make the drive to pick it up sucks 😳

Sponsored

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
Lost for words. The time has came, now lets see if it ships
Ford F-150 03/21/22 Build Week Group Screenshot_20220619-201747_Chrome

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
Lost for words. The time has came, now lets see if it ships
Screenshot_20220619-201747_Chrome.jpg
I will sincerely hope for your sake that your truck ships soon! I received this built email 4/1 & somehow my truck still has not shipped. This Friday will make 12 weeks since it was built.

ajhamz2

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Atlas Blue
@NomadV — you may have said this before, but since your truck is on Union Pacific, how are you tracking the car? Through the same CNR phone number or some new system? Mine recently did the switch in Chicago, so was hoping to learn from your experience.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
@NomadV — you may have said this before, but since your truck is on Union Pacific, how are you tracking the car? Through the same CNR phone number or some new system? Mine recently did the switch in Chicago, so was hoping to learn from your experience.
You can use the CSX number to trace or the Union Pacific number. The CSX one is better when it’s on the move but the UP number is better when it gets stalled out as it will give date details.

For me the chat became useless once it hit Chicago. Seems once it changed carrier everything was removed and they no longer had a car number or location information. To them it’s been in Chicago since 6/11

as of this morning I’m still stuck in Utah. It seems to be moving but just from one rail yard to another. 3 days around SLC and saying it will arrive tomorrow now.

ajhamz2

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Atlas Blue
You can use the CSX number to trace or the Union Pacific number. The CSX one is better when it’s on the move but the UP number is better when it gets stalled out as it will give date details.

For me the chat became useless once it hit Chicago. Seems once it changed carrier everything was removed and they no longer had a car number or location information. To them it’s been in Chicago since 6/11

as of this morning I’m still stuck in Utah. It seems to be moving but just from one rail yard to another. 3 days around SLC and saying it will arrive tomorrow now.
Appreciate it and hopefully your truck gets there soon. Do you happen to have that UP # and which prompts to hit handy? If not, I’m sure I can do a quick Google. 🤘🏼

Sponsored

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Appreciate it and hopefully your truck gets there soon. Do you happen to have that UP # and which prompts to hit handy? If not, I’m sure I can do a quick Google. 🤘🏼
Yup. I just called to check on it

1 (800) 877-5123
Prompt 1
Say trace
Say one when it asks how many pieces
Say the entire car number (letters and numbers)
Say no when it asks for a faxed copy

Thomasjr51

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT Space White