Sponsored

03/21/22 Build Week Group

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
According to Ford, the truck is still awaiting shipping now. How this can be?
Serious question? So you also haven't heard about the semi-truck driver shortage and the rail conductor shortage?
Sponsored

chiphold22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150
Production day of 3-22 and on chip hold. I’ve been pushed back for completion 4 times now, June 14th being the latest. I have an AT4 reserved as a back up but man Ford is making that choice easier.

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
Serious question? So you also haven't heard about the semi-truck driver shortage and the rail conductor shortage?
Yeah, I may have heard something about shipping & transportation issues. Unfortunately, this has been going on for a long time & there is no end in sight.

It is however extremely difficult to be patient when Ford notified me 6 weeks ago that the truck had been built & was awaiting shipping, with a link to the Ford Tracker. When I look at the Ford Tracker, it clearly states, "This next step could take a few days to a week". Meanwhile, 6 weeks & multiple emails later the can continues to get kicked down the road. And while I am genuinely happy for those who get their vehicles quickly, it is really frustrating to see trucks ordered a couple months after mine, with very similar features, already delivered in my area.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Yeah, I may have heard something about shipping & transportation issues. Unfortunately, this has been going on for a long time & there is no end in sight.

It is however extremely difficult to be patient when Ford notified me 6 weeks ago that the truck had been built & was awaiting shipping, with a link to the Ford Tracker. When I look at the Ford Tracker, it clearly states, "This next step could take a few days to a week". Meanwhile, 6 weeks & multiple emails later the can continues to get kicked down the road. And while I am genuinely happy for those who get their vehicles quickly, it is really frustrating to see trucks ordered a couple months after mine, with very similar features, already delivered in my area.
On the bright side, your not on permanent chip hold like a bunch of us. Ford kicked that can to late June.

Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
So true. For that, I am thankful. Small victories. Right!
For sure. The shipping portion is full of horror stories also, but there is a light at the end of that tunnel.
I'm stuck with my order, its hard to find 157 wheel base Lariat with max tow and tow mirrors. I check inventory within 100 miles of my location way to often.
Watching the 5/2 week ship and 5/9 week get built emails is f'in brutal

Helbros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT Super Crew Powerboost
On the bright side, your not on permanent chip hold like a bunch of us. Ford kicked that can to late June.
Talked to chat last week and was told 5/20. Talked to my dealer today and was told the end of June 26th thru the 2nd of July.

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
no chip hold, “shipped” April 8th, yet hasn’t left Michigan. Every delivery date is just replaced when the miss it with the next week…
Ford F-150 03/21/22 Build Week Group 7BA80395-336D-4D18-ACD7-002F5C179044

AggieGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
no chip hold, “shipped” April 8th, yet hasn’t left Michigan. Every delivery date is just replaced when the miss it with the next week…
7BA80395-336D-4D18-ACD7-002F5C179044.jpeg
Same boat here. I just got bumped back another week with no movement from Melvindale. Feels like it is a black hole once it gets there

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Well if it makes you guys feel any better I’m on chip hold still and saw a guy with my exact truck build had received it even though it was built in May

Sponsored

hhousewps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150. 2021 Raptor on Order
Well if it makes you guys feel any better I’m on chip hold still and saw a guy with my exact truck build had received it even though it was built in May
Yep. It seems like it all depends whether or not they run out of parts the few days yours goes down the line. If it does it's pulled into a holding lot where it's left to rot.

One of my local dealers has 4 Raptors in transit all built in April and May, more optioned than the one I ordered, while mine has been sitting in-production since mid-March.

It's incredibly irritating.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Yep. It seems like it all depends whether or not they run out of parts the few days yours goes down the line. If it does it's pulled into a holding lot where it's left to rot.

One of my local dealers has 4 Raptors in transit all built in April and May, more optioned than the one I ordered, while mine has been sitting in-production since mid-March.

It's incredibly irritating.
Yea whomever is in charge of this needs to be fired as all they are doing is damaging the brand and pissing off even the loyal Ford people. We know there are issues with chips and drivers and commodities, but letting one guy’s truck sit in a lot for months while building and delivering an identical truck 6 weeks later while the others sit and rust, nope def not good business

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
I am right there with you guys. My personal ordered truck is now in its 7th week awaiting shipping, after Ford had said that it was complete, & should be shipped within a week. Meanwhile, much later built trucks continue to arrive at my dealer.

I of course know that there are real transportation issues that are completely out of Ford's control. It does however blow my mind that Ford cannot manage their logistics to be able to complete & ship vehicles in anything even remotely approaching a sequential basis.

Ford is fully engaged in executing the perfect plan to run off any potential new business from existing Customers.