Sponsored

03/21/22 Build Week Group

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
The Ford marketing department just sent me the “To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 F150 is delivered“ email, for the 3rd time. Kicking the can down the road every 2 weeks, is not at all helpful regarding my satisfaction. The marketing weasels at Ford have to know, unless they are complete total idiots, it has the exact opposite effect. If they needed an actual plan to run off potential new business from existing Customers, this is exactly how they would need to execute it. Just make the purchasing process so irritating & frustrating, that Customers can never forget how upset it made them, & the Customers will literally never come back.

PS - Ford sent me the "Your vehicle has been built & is awaiting shipping" email, with a projected delivery date, before this chain of emails pushing back projected delivery. Go figure?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Same here. I’m currently on my 3rd date range and 41 days since “built”. I’m fully expecting a new email in the next week or so.

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Ford marketing department just sent me the “To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 F150 is delivered“ email, for the 3rd time. Kicking the can down the road every 2 weeks, is not at all helpful regarding my satisfaction. The marketing weasels at Ford have to know, unless they are complete total idiots, it has the exact opposite effect. If they needed an actual plan to run off potential new business from existing Customers, this is exactly how they would need to execute it. Just make the purchasing process so irritating & frustrating, that Customers can never forget how upset it made them, & the Customers will literally never come back.

PS - Ford sent me the "Your vehicle has been built & is awaiting shipping" email, with a projected delivery date, before this chain of emails pushing back projected delivery. Go figure?
I just happened to look back at the "Your vehicle has been built & is currently awaiting shipping" from several weeks ago. The next line says "This step could take a few days to a week". Yet we are at 6 weeks & counting. This is another clear example of Ford over promising & under delivering.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Been doing some browsing to pass the time since I’m sure my new eta is gonna be bumped out

since I have a Black Platinum BAP coming, I’m not a huge fan of the wheels so was considering these. What do you guys think? A little dark gray against all the black
Ford F-150 03/21/22 Build Week Group 604AD9BF-C725-4BF8-A4F2-953CAB045F25

gblakeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 501a Sport
Blend Date 3/22. I've been on chip hold through 4/12. I've been In Production and at Ramp 51. ETA was 5/6-5/13. Now I've been bumped back to 5/28-6/3. I'm beginning to wonder if this thing ever shows up.

How can you be in production from 3/22 through 6/3. None of this crap makes sense. Had I not gotten a great deal on it, I would have abandoned it a long time ago.

The whole thing makes me sick.

Sponsored

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Blend Date 3/22. I've been on chip hold through 4/12. I've been In Production and at Ramp 51. ETA was 5/6-5/13. Now I've been bumped back to 5/28-6/3. I'm beginning to wonder if this thing ever shows up.

How can you be in production from 3/22 through 6/3. None of this crap makes sense. Had I not gotten a great deal on it, I would have abandoned it a long time ago.

The whole thing makes me sick.
In the same boat. The deal is really good on mine, but they have def handled their backlog hold vehicles terribly.
My new ETA week starts Sat, but I’m 100% sure it will get pushed out again. Hell if they do actually make the eta this time I’ll have to actually make a bet in Vegas

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In the same boat. The deal is really good on mine, but they have def handled their backlog hold vehicles terribly.
My new ETA week starts Sat, but I’m 100% sure it will get pushed out again. Hell if they do actually make the eta this time I’ll have to actually make a bet in Vegas
I don't think that I would be quite as frustrated, if Ford would just tell me what is holding up my truck.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
I don't think that I would be quite as frustrated, if Ford would just tell me what is holding up my truck.
Yea the terrible communication and the getting different information every time you talk to someone is frustrating. But I can deal with it even though it’s annoying.
Now where I will flip out is if it’s delivered after my PCO expires and they refuse to honor it

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
The only thing making this a tad easier for me right this second is that I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow. When I’m sitting at the office with nothing to do is when I get aggravated with it.

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The only thing making this a tad easier for me right this second is that I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow. When I’m sitting at the office with nothing to do is when I get aggravated with it.
I sincerely hope that you have an absolutely wonderful, stress free, relaxing vacation, & return home to an email telling you that your truck is ready for pickup!

Sponsored

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
return home to an email telling you that your truck is ready for pickup!
Unfortunately, I can’t take a 2 month vacation😂

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Yea I’m not getting my vacation until July when the wife gets back. She’ll be out of town for work and the kiddos will be out of school too so I’m def gonna need it! Was hoping to have the truck by then to use on the trip. Think we are going to round robin to Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite and Sequoia then back to Vegas. Unless they get a cabin opening at Glacier that we are waitlisted on. Not gonna be happy taking the 9-11mpg Jeep on those trips

Greg2561

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 SSV, 2022 F-150 Lariat 5 w/ BlueCruise
Occupation
Public Safety
Not sure if anyone else has seen this article, but based on what it says they are making the Lightning a priority and it these trucks are getting preferential treatment. I am willing to bet that while most of us are on a chip hold, the chips originally designated for our trucks are being put into these Lightnings, which is total BS.

Dozens of Ford F-150 Lightning Pile Up at Dearborn Test Track, the Problem Is Too Familiar

Ford has started production of the electric F-150 Lightning truck at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center and has already built around 2,800 of them. It appears now that The Lightning faces the same problems with chip shortages as the Bronco and its ICE sibling. Dozens of Lightnings are piling up at the company’s test track in Dearborn, Michigan.

Chip shortages have plagued the auto industry for more than a year now, and we know that Ford was among the carmakers that were the most affected. Ford has always tried to prioritize its most profitable models and trims, but eventually, it had to stop production and wait for the pesky electronic components. This has happened more often and for longer periods than in the case of other carmakers.

During the past year, Ford adapted and started building vehicles without the missing components. They were either stored while awaiting completion or delivered to customers without some features that would have to be installed at a later time. We covered both situations in the past, and we were most impressed with the Broncos piling up at the Dirt Mountain and other overflow parking lots around Ford’s plants. It seems that the F-150 Lightning shares the same fate now.

The forums are flooded with pictures of dozens of Ford F-150 Lightning trucks being stored around the Dearborn test track, with more coming every day. According to the Lightning Owners forum, the number of trucks stored at the track has been growing steadily during the first week of May. Most probably, this is caused by a supply chain problem, with the chip shortages as the most likely issue.

This somehow contradicts Ford’s claims that the F-150 Lightning is its top priority at the moment. Talking to Automotive News just a day ago, Darren Palmer, Ford’s vice president of electric vehicle programs, said that the Lightning would get preferential treatment to avoid the chip problems. “The truck’s the highest priority, but the electric truck will be higher,” said Palmer. This doesn't seem the case though, or Ford's problems are way bigger than admitted.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...track-the-problem-is-too-familiar-188451.html

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well..........If the lack of chips is legitimately holding up production of multiple truck product lines, it would be reasonable to think that Ford would be able to ship what they already have built in a timely manner. Ford cannot even do that right now. As I have stated incessantly here, Ford emailed me that my truck was built & awaiting shipping about 6 weeks ago. According to Ford, the truck is still awaiting shipping now. How this can be? Surely it is in Ford's best interest to ship every completed vehicle, as soon as reasonably possible.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
My dealer just called me and said he is now showing an eta to the dealer in the system of 6/25-7/1 but that it still shows chip hold! The last dates the chat gave me for completion is 5/14-5/20. Who the help knows at this point
Sponsored