Sponsored

03/21/22 Build Week Group

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I am still here lurking. I just have not had anything to post in a long time, since the status of my truck has not changed. It has been about 6 weeks since Ford sent me the "Your vehicle has been built & is awaiting shipment" email. The truck has supposedly not ever been on hold for any reason, just awaiting shipping. It sure is frustrating! What has to happen for Ford to delay shipping for this long after a vehicle has been built? Does anybody know?
Same here man. Got my built awaiting shipment email on 4/1. It’s absolutely infuriating to me at this point. Add the fact that a bunch of people are sitting in “in transit” a month or more waiting on a train, and It makes me sick. At this point I’m not sure if I’ll have my truck by the end of July. Fuck ford, I’m about to give up on them

I’m also on my 3rd gen F150 and I’ve told many many people in the market to look elsewhere. At this point I doubt I’ll ever own another Ford
Sponsored

malbitz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SC, Off Road, 2.7 l, Sport
Same here man. Got my built awaiting shipment email on 4/1. It’s absolutely infuriating to me at this point. Add the fact that a bunch of people are sitting in “in transit” a month or more waiting on a train, and It makes me sick. At this point I’m not sure if I’ll have my truck by the end of July. Fuck ford, I’m about to give up on them

I’m also on my 3rd gen F150 and I’ve told many many people in the market to look elsewhere. At this point I doubt I’ll ever own another Ford
I am at the same point. I looked hard at a toyota. I am wishing that is the route I went. This has been a horrible experience and I would rather go back to a chevy 5.3l that couldn't keep oil in it than go through this again. If the topper didn't already arrive, I would be walking away today.

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Yeah I’m only really hanging on because I’m getting a good deal on the truck and trade than I won’t be able to get with a Tundra

TTABLE213

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang, 2020 Escape, 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I’m only really hanging on because I’m getting a good deal on the truck and trade than I won’t be able to get with a Tundra
I know this might not help, but, the wait (since 9/1/21) was worth it for me. Picked mine up last week and have absolutely no regrets on going for this Ford. The best thing for all of us was to find this group. Something to be said about going through this fiasco with friends.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I know this might not help, but, the wait (since 9/1/21) was worth it for me. Picked mine up last week and have absolutely no regrets on going for this Ford. The best thing for all of us was to find this group. Something to be said about going through this fiasco with friends.
I know the wait will be worth it, im just feed up qith Fords shitty communication. Sometimes the bad truth is better than not knowing. Having a truck on chip hold or one thats been awaiting shipment for weeks and months is unacceptable.

Sponsored

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Guess I’m going to break my, what 8 week tradition now, and not chat on Monday. My eta window supposedly starts Sat, but at this point I’m trying to stay occupied with the kiddo getting out of school soon, the wife getting ready for a work trip, some family coming in to visit

RacerRandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Escape, 2022 F150 Powerboost
I know the wait will be worth it, im just feed up qith Fords shitty communication. Sometimes the bad truth is better than not knowing. Having a truck on chip hold or one thats been awaiting shipment for weeks and months is unacceptable.

I agree with the communication...or lack there of.

Called Ford Marketing today and was told that I too, am a member of the 5/21 semiconductor club.
Said to the Marketing person that I want to make a formal complaint regarding the lack of communication regarding the status of my truck. She asked if I was aware that my truck's status could be tracked online. Told her yes and that was the reason for my call. The status webpage says the truck is "in production" with a Match 24th date, with zero email updates since and calling the dealer or Ford direct was the only way I was receiving information. Added that the lack of email updates regarding the status of my build is infuriating.

I get that the auto industry is in uncharted waters with the lack of semiconductors, but the inability of the manufacturer to email periodic updates to the customer on the status of their vehicle is ridiculous.

plessite

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
2022 F150 Order Bank is closing on May 13th... Hopefully this helps finish our trucks sooner.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
2022 F150 Order Bank is closing on May 13th... Hopefully this helps finish our trucks sooner.
We can hope but I still have my doubts. If the Jan guys are any indication, there will still be plenty of us waiting for our trucks when the 23 MY order banks open

plessite

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
We can hope but I still have my doubts. If the Jan guys are any indication, there will still be plenty of us waiting for our trucks when the 23 MY order banks open
Yeah, that's a good point. Could be that there isn't really improvement on our end due to the existing backlog that is holding us up. I just want my truck!

Sponsored

GATA-Guy

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Silverado LT, F150 Lariat (ordered)
Occupation
Transportation Factoring
Haven’t posted in a while, but right there with you guys. Been sitting in production on chip hold with 3/24 blend date forever. Apparently there is no ETA for me to come off chip hold. So at least you guys are getting some kind of eta.. Makes me feel like they stuffed me in a back lot as punishment for using x plan.

tc429

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 lariat chrome 3.5 - 2022 lariat sport 3.5
back in 2005, mustangs were in similar backlogged/back ordered hell... there was a guy over at blueovalforums who went by 'Kzinti" who was personally providing tracking assistance to hundreds of 'waiters'... how Ford did not see the value in what one single/real person could add by simply communicating is still beyond me. I waited 5 months for a VIN on a allocated mustang order, was so pissed wrote to every VP on the media.ford.com sire(first initial lastname truncated to 8 characters at ford dot com was the format at the time) lo and behold, a nice vice president sent priority one DORAs to me and a guy I knew who had waited 7 months unvinned... 30 dsays later my car showed up and the carhauler dude dropped a ramp on it in dealers lot, pushing the wing a inch deep into the trunklid ad quarter...couldnt even get a test drive. Kzinti's communications kept me semi-sane, even if he really didnt do anything but communicate/try and find a replacement...regional a week later got me a priority one replacement ordered- had it not been for Kzinti though, I woulda been a ex customer already... instead, wound up with 3 Si97 mustangs(06/07/07- still have them) also have a 19 3.5 lariat, and just got a 22 3.5 lariat... sad to say, Ford still dont have ANY sympathy for the frustrating experience in ordering/allocations/shipping... its really sad. fedex can track a envelope in real time, Ford cant track a 70,000.00 vehicle? they REALLY need to "get with the 90's" and fix this tracking secrecy BS, and for God's sake, put some humans back on the phones... that Kzinti guy sold more future fords than even he realized- ford shoulda moved him to in charge of customer relations, instead, shut him down... always been a ford guy, but man, do they have a winner in whoever decides on what customer service is :(

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Haven’t posted in a while, but right there with you guys. Been sitting in production on chip hold with 3/24 blend date forever. Apparently there is no ETA for me to come off chip hold. So at least you guys are getting some kind of eta.. Makes me feel like they stuffed me in a back lot as punishment for using x plan.
Our chip windows dont mean shit, my 2nd window is over on Thursday, they will just give me another one

malbitz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SC, Off Road, 2.7 l, Sport
Our chip windows dont mean shit, my 2nd window is over on Thursday, they will just give me another one
I agree. I had 3 or more windows of completion. They just push it out another week. I am coming up on 7 weeks "In Production". That is not bad for some folks out here. I am not holding my breath to get this truck in the first half of 2022.
Sponsored