03/21/22 Build Week Group

Thomasjr51

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT Space White
Finally, some good news......my 502A Powerboost with a blend date of 3/24 came off of chip hold 6/8. It's headed to the rail yard now. Ford estimates arrival date to my dealer 7/4 - 7/10.

I visited some friends in Michigan last week and decided to play "Where's Waldo" and look for a truck similar to mine in one of the many storage lots Ford is using to house our trucks. The first two photos (with the fencing around the F-150's) were taken at a warehouse, South of Ford World Headquarters. This may be the location where the spray-in bed liners are installed,...not sure.

The next two photos were taken in parking lots behind Ford World Headquarters. The area was well guarded and it appeared that contract employees were moving/reorganizing two of the lots (on a Sunday) containing F-150's and Lightning's.

The final two photos were taken near the Ford Executive Garage. The were several rows of various Ford vehicles, along with a row of Ford Lighting pickups. It's possible that the Lightning's are going into service for Ford employees. I tried to check VIN numbers to see if any were pre-production, but the Ford Security Guard arrived and kindly asked me to leave.

There were other storage lots in the area, but they were also well guarded, so it was difficult to take photos.
Yeah I live in Michigan. There’s sooooo many staging areas and storage lots all over the place. There’s another lot in an old supermarket parking lot that ford bought and they probably have 1000 trucks there. Lol, it’s crazy as hell.

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Once it gets to the final rail head, it takes an additional day or 2 to get unloaded and processed/parked for pick up to dealer. Just a heads up, but that’s great news.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Once it gets to the final rail head, it takes an additional day or 2 to get unloaded and processed/parked for pick up to dealer. Just a heads up, but that’s great news.
the other guys that had truck go to the same dealer said it took about 11 days. 9 of travel and then 2 to get to the dealer. Luckily there just isn’t much else around that trucks are loading up and taking cars. Once they get past here they go into Cali to drop

Sponsored

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
This morning it says it’s at the Union Pacific Global 3 rail yard outside of Chicago. So that’s good that it made the switch from Canadian Nat to UP pretty quick. Now, hopefully, it won’t sit too long there before really getting on its way here

ftrevino7

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know more or less how long it takes for trucks to get from Kansas City to Granger Iowa? Truck arrived via rail car last week to KC and i’m currently waiting for it to be loaded on a convoy and delivered to the dealer. Ramp 6P is that makes any difference.

Thanks

GATA-Guy

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Silverado LT, F150 Lariat (ordered)
Occupation
Transportation Factoring
Just checked my Ford Pass app and the Activate button appeared! Very excited since last week I was still on chip hold with no ETA. At least I have some movement finally.

Thomasjr51

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now that my truck is officially built let’s see how long it stays on “Awaiting shipment” lol. I feel like nothing is ever quick with this process. It all seems too good. Lmao

Sponsored

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
Now that my truck is officially built let’s see how long it stays on “Awaiting shipment” lol. I feel like nothing is ever quick with this process. It all seems too good. Lmao
Sometimes it goes incredibly quick. Sometimes it goes incredibly slow. According to Ford, my truck was considered built on 4/1/2022 & its status moved to awaiting shipping. Unfortunately, it still is. Good Luck with yours! I sincerely hope you will not have to wait this long for your truck to ship.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
So I chatted just to see if their info matched up with the rail car I was tracking and they told me there wasn’t a rail car associated even though they said it was with Union Pacific.
So I asked if the Canadian Nat rail car I had been provided when it shipped was the same car number. And they said it should be but there was nothing in the system so they weren’t sure and the only location they had was Junction Point.

Thomasjr51

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sometimes it goes incredibly quick. Sometimes it goes incredibly slow. According to Ford, my truck was considered built on 4/1/2022 & its status moved to awaiting shipping. Unfortunately, it still is. Good Luck with yours! I sincerely hope you will not have to wait this long for your truck to ship.
It irritates me lol. My truck is 20 mins from me. 😂

GATA-Guy

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Silverado LT, F150 Lariat (ordered)
Occupation
Transportation Factoring
So ford website says “In Production,” Ordertrack.app says “Awaiting shipment,” dealer says “chip hold,” and Ford chat says “Awaiting Shipment on chip hold.” How can you be awaiting shipment but still on chip hold? I didn’t think you could get to Awaiting shipment without having your chips. The amount of discrepancies in information is mind blowing.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
So ford website says “In Production,” Ordertrack.app says “Awaiting shipment,” dealer says “chip hold,” and Ford chat says “Awaiting Shipment on chip hold.” How can you be awaiting shipment but still on chip hold? I didn’t think you could get to Awaiting shipment without having your chips. The amount of discrepancies in information is mind blowing.
no one really seems to know what’s going on. Every person you talk to will have dif information.
Hell I was even told that the cars are unloaded from rail and loaded on another rail when it changes lines instead of just the rail car changing over
Sponsored