First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f-150 waiting on 2021
Occupation
Beef farmer
Mine still shows in Production on this tracker but the end eta changed to 7/6 from 10/31 today. Hopefully that means something. first time its moved up and not back
Sponsored

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
I spoke to my dealer today. According to them ‘Ford Corporate’ was in their store last week and nobody made any mention of re-ordering stuck trucks. Looks like this is a region to region variance. According to my dealer there are ‘no chips at all’ - aka no trucks anywhere are being built. Obviously I know from multiple forums that trucks were built and delivered in May - what I don’t know is if they’re uninformed or just making excuses.

At this point I need to find a regional contact at Ford for WA. Working with the dealer is like explaining calculus to a toddler.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
The only movement I see on my truck is that I can see the window sticker.
I did stop at the dealership today specifically to talk to the service manager about what I might expect with my truck. He's a good guy, the reason I'm loyal to the place actually! He assured me he would be confident the truck was good or he would talk to me about it. I believe him and I feel better about the truck if it ever shows up!
Then I went to see the sales manager, bypassed my salesman he is not the A team! He checked on my truck and said it's now shown in their inventory, he said that only means they have been bill for it! If that means anything, I don't know.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I spoke to my dealer today. According to them ‘Ford Corporate’ was in their store last week and nobody made any mention of re-ordering stuck trucks. Looks like this is a region to region variance. According to my dealer there are ‘no chips at all’ - aka no trucks anywhere are being built. Obviously I know from multiple forums that trucks were built and delivered in May - what I don’t know is if they’re uninformed or just making excuses.

At this point I need to find a regional contact at Ford for WA. Working with the dealer is like explaining calculus to a toddler.
Your dealer is not telling you the truth. First, Dearborn and KC started building F150 trucks Monday, June 14th WITH chips. You will see hundreds shipped the end of the week. They may not have the quantity they need but enough to run several weeks of production. Secondly, Ask your dealer to confirm with his Ford rep what a COVP form is.

Message from rep to my dealer "May you please submit the COVP for Michael’s new order (A024)? You’ll need signed BO and Driver’s License to give Guy."

He is probably late to the game. Right now Ford is not scheduling any new orders for F150's. They won't commit to what week it will open back up. There is a backlog of orders.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Working with the dealer is like explaining calculus to a toddler.
This is the perfect description for it. Oftentimes, once my dealer finally understands what I'm talking about, they marvel aloud at how I know so much more than them. Unfortunately, they still act like I'm wasting their time right up until they get it. It's like... come on guys... you have access to more information than me, not less.

Sponsored

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Well looky looky, my truck is now showing a July 20 delivery date instead of 10/31. Hallelujah.

Edit: I should say, I’m still not sure I want this thing, will be going over it carefully before accepting. It’ll have been sitting for 4 months between ‘built’ and making its way to a transport train.

Last edited:

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Congrats on those from this build week seeing movement on your trucks. Hopefully more see changes soon.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
I put my new truck on ford pass. It shows 198 miles and 75 journeys, don't know what constitutes a journey but that's a lot of miles for a truck in production!
When I bring up the map, which has no boundaries or roads, it would seem more like it is in Chicago instead of Detroit!

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I put my new truck on ford pass. It shows 198 miles and 75 journeys, don't know what constitutes a journey but that's a lot of miles for a truck in production!
When I bring up the map, which has no boundaries or roads, it would seem more like it is in Chicago instead of Detroit!
I tried that on my first order and it shows nothing.

Sponsored

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
Mine says the exact same, 198.8 miles and 75 journeys, not sure what that is but it aint my F150

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine says the exact same, 198.8 miles and 75 journeys, not sure what that is but it aint my F150
Can you guys post screenshots of this? Seems weird they both say that!

Bocephus87

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F250, 2019 Ranger, 2021 F150 (Pending)
You have to be in the truck to activate Fordpass. Probably just seeing a generic screen of an example of what you would see once you are activated.
Yeah I suspect that or is transport miles on the back of a mobile parking lot. I tried to check mine and it says 0 and requests activation.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You have to be in the truck to activate Fordpass. Probably just seeing a generic screen of an example of what you would see once you are activated.
This is w
That is what I was thinking as well. Mine shows a generic 300 some but requests activation.
Sponsored