First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
well....if this expected timeline is legitimate, I at least know I should get my 21 by spring of 2022. The question is how does Groundhog’s day play into this? Is Ford going to use the shadow of a rodent to say “Spring isn’t for 6 more weeks guys, your electric F150 is sitting in a parking lot waiting for its’ own shadow to go away”
I reserved one for shits and giggles just to see if I could build it before receiving the truck I ordered last year... :LOL:
Sponsored

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
From bad to worse. We went from reduced shifts week of March 31 to this....

Ford F-150 03/15 Build Week 636CE164-4B2B-4F80-8E3C-CF2D4F604AC8

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully they are allocating those semiconductors to our trucks to get them out to their customers!
Based on the fact that they chose to not do First in First out when they got chips, I’m going to just assume that they are going to ship in reverse order. So May builds were flying through the process and are being delivered. Next will be 4/26 week, so if I’m right (which I hope to everything holy that I’m not) we have a month and a half of builds before they even get to ours. And that’s assuming that after these shutdowns they don’t reallocate the parts to trucks on the assembly line again.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Based on the fact that they chose to not do First in First out when they got chips, I’m going to just assume that they are going to ship in reverse order. So May builds were flying through the process and are being delivered. Next will be 4/26 week, so if I’m right (which I hope to everything holy that I’m not) we have a month and a half of builds before they even get to ours. And that’s assuming that after these shutdowns they don’t reallocate the parts to trucks on the assembly line again.
Sad but true, Tomorrow I'm going to see a truck EXACTLY like the one I have on order except it has the work detail on the tailgate. It was ordered early April and produced mid May in Dearborn, dealer ordered not Retail.

Sponsored

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma

I'm guessing they stacked and packed the trucks so tight in parking lots that the first ones in are basically inaccessible. It's going to be First in, Last out. Annoying, but that's my guess.

My dealer did say they're talking to Ford about extra rebates for customers that have had to wait for 6+ months.

almdoyle10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150
I'm guessing they stacked and packed the trucks so tight in parking lots that the first ones in are basically inaccessible. It's going to be First in, Last out. Annoying, but that's my guess.

My dealer did say they're talking to Ford about extra rebates for customers that have had to wait for 6+ months.
That would make the most sense which is unfortunate. Interestingly enough though it looks like folks in build weeks after ours for the most part have ETAs after ours. ETAs really don't matter at this point, but I'm at 7/30 and many folks with a build date in April have their ETAs out in August.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Let us know how this shakes out! I can't imagine my dealer doing anything near this proactive on my behalf. But maybe if I can show them what other (better) dealers are doing, they will at least try to get the same thing themselves.

That would make the most sense which is unfortunate. Interestingly enough though it looks like folks in build weeks after ours for the most part have ETAs after ours. ETAs really don't matter at this point, but I'm at 7/30 and many folks with a build date in April have their ETAs out in August.
I also mentioned this in one of the other build week threads, but I tend to believe that the current ETAs are meaningless... both in accuracy and relative order. My current ETA was ~90 days from the day it popped up. Watching the other active build week threads, it looked like everyone that got their ETA pushed out got a new ETA ~90 days from the day it popped up as well. This strikes me as a batch inputted placeholder. It could be a huge coincidence or I may have missed some that disprove the hypothesis... but so far, there's no evidence to suggest that 7/30 ETA trucks will even get completed/delivered before 8/20 ETA trucks(for example).

End of the day, we'll find out when anyone who had their ETA pushed out to July/August gets a truck.

RJ_986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
My Build date of 3/21 had an ETA 5/18 and now its 8/21. The 90~ day placeholder fits.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

That is great. Nice that your dealer is being proactive. Please share with the group so maybe we can entice our dealers to do the same.

Sponsored

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Just spoke to another dealer who had the exact same build as mine advertised. That truck is probably parked next to mine on that same obscure parking lot waiting parts. I did learn that the built in navigation system is a hold up for chips. I called my "Executive Contact" and she knew nothing except they all have complained to management about being unable to give any guidance or refer them to someone who can help answer delivery and hold up questions. "Supposedly they are suppose to have a meeting on that.....LOL!!

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@DaHealey - give them a starting point for negotiations. If customer has waited 6 months from point of order receipt to delivery they get 10% off MSRP. Then 5% more for each additional month. This would probably be close to their employee plan pricing, which brings another option. 6 month wait = employee pricing, plus 5% more off each additional month. These discounts should be on top of Ford giving all of us the 8 yr / 150,000 premium maintenance plan and extended warranty. Not to mention free tire and wheel plan since we all know what happens to tires that sit in one spot for long times.

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
At least you have an ETA. Mine has been saying “in production” since April. Ordered it in January, confirmed built 19 March. No ETA. My dealer doesn’t have any updates and Ford customer care would rather drink a hot beer than to help us out it seems.

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
Mine was built March 18th, and the new ETA is July 10th-16th, almost got excited about that! It’s a sad state of affairs I tell ya.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
My Build date of 3/21 had an ETA 5/18 and now its 8/21. The 90~ day placeholder fits.
My was built on 3/21 and Had ETA originally of 4/9 then changed to 4/13 and hasn't changed since.
Sponsored