03/15 Build Week

Streetmuziq

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Golf R
Fo FYI vehicle shipped on 4/8 order was placed on 1/22 order included wheel well liners and spray in bed liner. I feel like its been a decent wait period.
Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
@Streetmuziq Yeah, it seems like orders have been moving through KC quite a bit better than DB in recent months. My order went in 12/10, got the "Produced" update 3/17, and has been stuck there every since, all ETAs removed. And I'm not even close to the worst waits I've seen on this forum yet.

Considering it will take 20-30 days to ship to California (I think the estimate was 21 days to my dealership when I had an estimated delivery awhile back), I don't think it's unlikely that I'll have a total wait of 6 months by the time this is all said and done. Plenty of people have already passed the 6 month mark (@dgrizz I'm looking at you). That is not an acceptable wait time for any product that gets yearly updates as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, I understand that shit happens (plant shutdowns, chip shortage, etc), and I would be much less annoyed if there was a consistent flow of information to the consumer. At present, I can only surmise from my own research that my truck is probably partially built, waiting for more chips... my dealership claims to have no idea what the current status of the truck is or why it's been delayed. They say they've reached out to Ford, but that Ford won't tell them anything else (with their track record, I'm not overly convinced that they actually reached out, but maybe they did). And, as the consumer, I can't get any additional information from Ford myself about the specific issues behind the delays or an updated ETA based on a reasonable resolution of those issues. At present, I have no idea when I will get this $60k+ truck and no one else seems to either.

Anyway, rant over, hope everyone gets their trucks soon...

dbasta1977

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
All the people showing their truck coming makes me happy for them but question why mine is taking so long...

Vehicle Details
Ordered On 8/27/2020
Order Number 2021
VIN 1FTFW1E55MKD53024
Estimated Dealer Delivery 4/29/2021

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
All the people showing their truck coming makes me happy for them but question why mine is taking so long...

Vehicle Details
Ordered On 8/27/2020
Order Number 2021
VIN 1FTFW1E55MKD53024
Estimated Dealer Delivery 4/29/2021
?

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Man, I was feeling good about the truck I put my deposit down on. It was produced 3/18, but it's now on ramp 59. Sounds like I might be waiting a while. It's a Platinum PB 4x4 with tow package. Guess I'll be waiting a while.

Sponsored

Mountaineer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'03 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Environmental
Maybe our trucks will ship this week?

or maybe, if everyone else is like me, our incessant searching truck things online will lead to a PCO prior to truck arrival?

I'm checking inventories in nearby states at this point...

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
I’ve got a buyer for my 18’ KR, I told him my bottom line, but was still going to advertise it for sale, he offered me $1500 higher than my bottom line so I wouldn’t advertise. I worry how long I could be without a truck, don’t want to be running the wife’s Suburban for to long.

Mountaineer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'03 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Environmental
I saw some screenshots on another forum of Dearborn-made trucks with produced dates later in March shipping now, so I imagine (hope?) the 03/15 weeks trucks would be shipping soon.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I hope you're correct. Mine so far is still just sitting there. I'd like to get it soon.

Sponsored

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Well I had the other forum member look up my truck and it’s ... just sitting. Not on Ramp 59, says built 3/19, but no movement since. The dealer is telling me it’ll show up by the end of April or early May.

Annoyingly the tabs on my current vehicle expire at the end of April. Tabs in WA can be over $1,000 and there’s no pro-rated refund. I’ll be super pissed if I pay for tabs and then trade the truck in a week later.... (and pay tabs on the new truck).

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
@DaHealey same for me. Produced 3/17 and never made it to the ramp. My dealer says they know nothing and, further, that Ford won't tell them anything.

There's one super disconcerting comment in that other forum thread:
Another bit of bad news for me and likely many others : I heard back again from my local sales rep who again would not take BS responses from Ford HQ. She said that my VIN # is one of many listed in a spreadsheet in Dearborn that indicates it is sitting in limbo built state, waiting on chips. The tracker shows TBD officially, but the unofficial verbal date from the spreadsheet is July 14th for my truck! Wow that really sucks! I should not have ordered a Plat PB (on 12/19) or at least may have changed my order to some simpler build had I had the same information the first time the build date changed, or the second, or the third and now the fourth time it changed. Summer camping plans are now totally messed up as Ford HQ fails to communicate with dealers and customers. Thank goodness for Pioneer and a few great sales reps or we would all be even more in the dark. Sure wish management at Ford was paying more attention to this forum and applies a growth mindset. Change is needed at Ford HQ!
I'd love to figure out how to get in touch with the no-BS people at Ford since my dealer doesn't seem to care to do so. No idea if this person on the other forum is getting good info or not... but at this point, nothing would surprise me.

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
@DaHealey same for me. Produced 3/17 and never made it to the ramp. My dealer says they know nothing and, further, that Ford won't tell them anything.

There's one super disconcerting comment in that other forum thread:

I'd love to figure out how to get in touch with the no-BS people at Ford since my dealer doesn't seem to care to do so. No idea if this person on the other forum is getting good info or not... but at this point, nothing would surprise me.
Yes, would really like more details on this. My dealer calls me weekly and obviously doesn’t know anymore than what I’m able to figure out myself. Given my truck was ‘Produced’ 30 days ago with no movement, I’m very suspicious that it’s sitting in build neverland.

If I get word of a July delivery date then I’m canceling for sure. That’s absurd for a truck that was originally ordered in 2020.

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Yes, would really like more details on this. My dealer calls me weekly and obviously doesn’t know anymore than what I’m able to figure out myself. Given my truck was ‘Produced’ 30 days ago with no movement, I’m very suspicious that it’s sitting in build neverland.

If I get word of a July delivery date then I’m canceling for sure. That’s absurd for a truck that was originally ordered in 2020.
I may do the same. Build dates 3/15 to 4/17 to 5/17 so far