03/15 Build Week

solarity

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
My 6/20 shipped got to the rail yard on 6/23 and hasn't moved since. It is on Ramp 58 now :(

Every step of the way is delayed/behind.
Advertisement

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, 2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
I couldn't even post a reply in that thread I was so angry.

Can you imagine if you went into the dealership to buy a new $60-90k vehicle and the dealer said "ok, so you have 2 equally good options... you can receive the truck in 8 weeks... or you can wait 8 months and, get this, we'll throw in a brand new $100 bill."

I imagine I would either:
A. Laugh for so long that the dealer walks away to help another customer
B. Get the fuck out of there and go to a different dealership on account of something sneaky going on

I swear some intern found a stack of these in a storage closet at headquarters. It's at best a TENTH of a percent of the price of the truck. The person or people making these decisions are so tone-deaf or out of touch that we might have circled all the way through misery and fury back around to hilarity.
I find it hilarious Ford has offered $100 Amazon card.

My dealer called me regaling the $100 gift card and he even laughed and he knows that this isn't much but its something and he also told me Ford knows they have not been transparent at all regarding this mess. I applied for the $100 and still haven't received my gift card....was this all a joke!! Ford if you make an offer honor it.

In all actuality they should be saying we will give you the depreciation value of your ordered truck back or that Ford is knocking $5K - $10K off the price depending on your order date, my order date was 30 Jan 2021 and i know there are others out there with even a longer order date. By the time I get my truck the darn thing will have depreciated a year without even driving it.

There seems to be a glimmer of light at the end Ford has received a batch of semi-conductors.

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, 2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
Picked up my Platinum today, couldn’t find any issues with it. Paint was perfect, axle had zero rust, interior was mint. Very happy to finally get it.
so jealous!!!! Good luck with the new truck!

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I find it hilarious Ford has offered $100 Amazon card.

My dealer called me regaling the $100 gift card and he even laughed and he knows that this isn't much but its something and he also told me Ford knows they have not been transparent at all regarding this mess. I applied for the $100 and still haven't received my gift card....was this all a joke!! Ford if you make an offer honor it.

In all actuality they should be saying we will give you the depreciation value of your ordered truck back or that Ford is knocking $5K - $10K off the price depending on your order date, my order date was 30 Jan 2021 and i know there are others out there with even a longer order date. By the time I get my truck the darn thing will have depreciated a year without even driving it.

There seems to be a glimmer of light at the end Ford has received a batch of semi-conductors.
F N. assholes!

solarity

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Tracker just updated to DELIVERED!
Darn it's been a long Haul!
18 September to 7 July
Over 9 1/2 months.
Dealer closes soon, I'll check it out tomorrow!
Could you include your original build and shipped dates?

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
Could you include your original build and shipped dates?
Blend date was 17 Mar, production 18 Mar, final build 23 June. Ship date 26 june.

solarity

Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Blend date was 17 Mar, production 18 Mar, final build 23 June. Ship date 26 june.
They must have shipped it to you via convoy. Mine shipped on 6/20. Though has been sitting at a rail yard near Dearborn since the 23rd.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
They must have shipped it to you via convoy. Mine shipped on 6/20. Though has been sitting at a rail yard near Dearborn since the 23rd.
For Wisconsin I believe it's rail to ramp rw73 in Chicago, then convoy, but with this truck, anything is possible!

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Tracker just updated to DELIVERED!
Darn it's been a long Haul!
18 September to 7 July
Over 9 1/2 months.
Dealer closes soon, I'll check it out tomorrow!
That’s a long wait, congrats

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
Let us know how the tracking of the 2nd truck goes. Many orders are getting delivered in 8 weeks now.
So my 2nd order still hasn't shipped as a matter of fact no VIN or blend date, still saying "clean unscheduled". But I'm driving the truck from my 1st order so I'm not worried as I don't need it anymore. I've stopped tracking it.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I checked out my truck today, it wasn't prepped so I will judge the finish when I pick it up!
Underbody looked good, axle was black.
They had it behind a gate because one wheel is scratched but they already have one on order
Inside was nice, I plan to take the truck, unless a surprise shows up yet!
Numbers came out just as we agreed.
In April or may I put 5 more years of premium care on the current truck for 2100.00, I knew I would lose some but I was concerned about how much. They gave me back 2057.00!
Should pick it up early next week.

Advertisement

Advertisement