First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Really glad to see some of our trucks finally getting delivered. And it seems no one is missing any options they expected. Hope the answer to that is "no!"

I received a surprise today. As you all know, I have two trucks on our spreadsheet (maybe I should update the spreadsheet sometime!) - one 2021 converted to 2022 I ordered through Chapman in Horsham PA, which I took delivery, and another 2022 I had ordered from Koons in Woodbridge VA, which I cancelled but is still in production.

I actually had ordered two 2021 trucks locally at MSRP before I learned of the discount dealers. First one I dropped after I caught the sales staff in a lie - walked away from them. The second never gave me any updates. So I moved on and when it wasn't selected for production, I told the dealer not to convert it to a 2022 and to cancel the order.

Well it seems they converted it anyway and they just reached out to me to see what I want to do since it'ssupposed to be delivered early next month. They have it on their website for $2750 more than the sticker, which includes all the 2022 price increases. I see the only feature that seems to be missing is the Active Park Assist 2.0 with a $365 credit. They initially told me they'd honor X-Plan, but I don't know if they'd still do that.

It's the only F-150 King Ranch they have in stock - Here's the link:
https://www.matthewscurrie.com/sear...Ford&Model=F-150&Trim=King Ranch 4D SuperCrew
Sponsored

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
When it rains, it pours! Just checked my cancelled Koons order and it was finally finished on May 26 - blend date of Jan 24. Four months on hold! Appears all options and features are on it. It's in transit to Koons, but doesn't show on their website yet. Wonder if Dexter would still sell it to me at 5% below invoice 🤔 I see they have a red XLT on their website, that looks stock to me, listed at $89,990 with a sticker price of $60,775 🤯

I don't think my wife would appreciate three King Ranch trucks in the driveway, especially since they would look exactly the same!

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
Congrats on the new truck. I am suprised the dealer didn't check the battery terminals and to see if the battery was anchored. how the rust on the rear end?

Thanks for the reminder on the fuses I totally forgot about that. ibjust went andd just checked the fuses and they where not seated all the way and I had a relay that was not seated correctly.
I just checked the body control module fuse panel and those fuses were all seated properly.

The rear end certainly has its share of rust. We have a heat index warning for tomorrow so I'll be waiting a couple of days before wire brushing under there and doing the rust conversion and undercoating of the differential and axle housing.

Bald Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2021 Expedition Max
I got the call this afternoon!! My truck is at the dealership, getting spray in bed liner tomorrow, picking it up Friday!! Mods and pictures to follow!!
Ordered 11-22-21
Blend 1-25-22
Built 5-13-22
Delivered 6-15-22

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the call this afternoon!! My truck is at the dealership, getting spray in bed liner tomorrow, picking it up Friday!! Mods and pictures to follow!!
Ordered 11-22-21
Blend 1-25-22
Built 5-13-22
Delivered 6-15-22
Congrat's! My ride was 11/22/21 to 6/09/22; it was quite an experience.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bald Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2021 Expedition Max
Picked up mine Friday!! Had a 4 hour drive to get it, 4.5 hours at the dealership ( long story), and 4 hour drive home. The drive home was by far the best part of the trip!!

Ford F-150 01/24/2022 Build Week 7B8AAE28-2E1A-42B2-B00B-AE0E81606EF3

Ford F-150 01/24/2022 Build Week 4A0B8F56-8034-493C-8FC5-BA4758A8322A

Ford F-150 01/24/2022 Build Week 16A6C6D9-BC94-429C-86FD-90F0DAA064C2

Ford F-150 01/24/2022 Build Week E80F2BCA-592D-4A50-946F-8EB88EF793D8

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When it rains, it pours! Just checked my cancelled Koons order and it was finally finished on May 26 - blend date of Jan 24. Four months on hold! Appears all options and features are on it. It's in transit to Koons, but doesn't show on their website yet. Wonder if Dexter would still sell it to me at 5% below invoice 🤔 I see they have a red XLT on their website, that looks stock to me, listed at $89,990 with a sticker price of $60,775 🤯

I don't think my wife would appreciate three King Ranch trucks in the driveway, especially since they would look exactly the same!
Just tell the wife you are going to sell it and split the profit with her!
BTW...Just wanted to thank you again for your effort tracking "everyone's" order progress here. 🍻

I find my attention to the forums has been waning since I took delivery. Here's to hoping it continues to wane as I continue having no issues with the new truck. ;)

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just tell the wife you are going to sell it and split the profit with her!
BTW...Just wanted to thank you again for your effort tracking "everyone's" order progress here. 🍻

I find my attention to the forums has been waning since I took delivery. Here's to hoping it continues to wane as I continue having no issues with the new truck. ;)
I know exactly what you mean after taking delivery! That's fantastic you're not having any issues. I still have the Reverse Brake Assist Not Available warning even after the dealer replaced the rear camera and a couple of modules. Ford engineers acknowledge there's an issue. I think I'd prefer a solution! Fortunately, everything seems to work fine except that. Although I just remembered everyone who has been in my truck says they don't hear all the B&O unleased 18 speakers to include front headrests and overhead.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know exactly what you mean after taking delivery! That's fantastic you're not having any issues. I still have the Reverse Brake Assist Not Available warning even after the dealer replaced the rear camera and a couple of modules. Ford engineers acknowledge there's an issue. I think I'd prefer a solution! Fortunately, everything seems to work fine except that. Although I just remembered everyone who has been in my truck says they don't hear all the B&O unleased 18 speakers to include front headrests and overhead.
Well, I'm only 800 miles down the road in mine right now, nock on wood...
Acknowledging the issue is half way to solving it and I hope they do so very soon for you because if they can solve it for you, they solve it for everyone with these trucks.
I almost ordered the Unleashed for my truck but then reality/common sense set in and I accepted that with my hearing, it wasn't going to be much of an improvement even if it were as good as my old stereo system I had back in the 70's that I spent two months' salary on. I'm sure you've read about folks who improved their headrest speakers by repositioning the headrest a couple of times, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Sponsored

Ajnwaterman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 KR
Just broke 800 miles in my Powerboost and only averaging 14 miles per gallon with 35’s… I didn’t expect good mileage, but it’s worse then my 2015 Ecoboost with 35’s. It’s only had two tanks of gas, so maybe it will get better.

I’ve noticed I don’t have lighted cup holders and the temperature dial doesn’t have a digital screen. Does anyone know of anything else that Ford isn’t included? I was aware of the park assist due my window sticker having a credit.

Can you request these items to be installed as availability comes back?

Ford F-150 01/24/2022 Build Week 0FD5FC46-218E-44D6-BAF2-B03752105C20

Nealek

First Name
Neale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just broke 800 miles in my Powerboost and only averaging 14 miles per gallon with 35’s… I didn’t expect good mileage, but it’s worse then my 2015 Ecoboost with 35’s. It’s only had two tanks of gas, so maybe it will get better.

I’ve noticed I don’t have lighted cup holders and the temperature dial doesn’t have a digital screen. Does anyone know of anything else that Ford isn’t included? I was aware of the park assist due my window sticker having a credit.

0FD5FC46-218E-44D6-BAF2-B03752105C20.jpeg
You probably also have halogen license plate bulbs!

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

There are several other things that Ford threw out with the 2022 model year and there are lots of threads and videos that were published late last year/early this year highlighting them; i.e., glove box lighting, phone charger cubby lighting, front door storage lighting, folding front headrests (except Unleashed), upper glove box door (on XL), box lighting (now only available in bed utility pkg) and maybe more.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

One other quick reminder...with the powerboost, you are hauling around an additional 500 lbs of electric motors, generators, extra cooling, heavy duty rear end, etc. vs your 2015 EcoBoost (assuming 3.5 EB, as the 2.7 EB was lighter, still).
Sponsored

Last edited: