Sponsored

01/17/2022 Build Week Group

CGTruuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ugh, that's really frustrating. The auto stop-start is one of the biggest gripe I have about new cars, which is why I wanted it removed like most others on here. I guess i'll be having some words with the dealer when my truck arrives. Other than FORscan is there any way for the dealer to remove this from the truck after the fact?
Sponsored

Swamp Donkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F150XL
Occupation
Pressurized Tube Commander
Ugh, that's really frustrating. The auto stop-start is one of the biggest gripe I have about new cars, which is why I wanted it removed like most others on here. I guess i'll be having some words with the dealer when my truck arrives. Other than FORscan is there any way for the dealer to remove this from the truck after the fact?
Look up autostop eliminator …there is a device and a installation that appears to take care of it post production. Can’t speak for forscan or dealer options.

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Look up autostop eliminator …there is a device and a installation that appears to take care of it post production. Can’t speak for forscan or dealer options.
I understand the concept why the manufacturers put them in, but apparently their technology isn’t made for quick driving folks. I can’t stand when you go to take off and the vehicle isn’t ready to move when you put your foot on the gas, then it stumbles on its feet. Dumb technology!

Mike G-Man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 1969 Mustang 428CJ
Occupation
Fed
the tracker is back up for me finally. No change to any of my data, still "in production" and no change to the estimated delivery date. Today was supposed to be my "build date" per Ford cust service (blend was 1/20) so I'm hopeful there will be progress showing in the next day or two.

Swamp Donkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F150XL
Occupation
Pressurized Tube Commander
I understand the concept why the manufacturers put them in, but apparently their technology isn’t made for quick driving folks. I can’t stand when you go to take off and the vehicle isn’t ready to move when you put your foot on the gas, then it stumbles on its feet. Dumb technology!
Agree…I’ve rented vehicles with auto stop and it drives me bonkers and you have to toggle it off every vehicle start. Now I bought a powerboost and it’s part of the package but I’m hopeful the electric portion picks up when I step on the pedal. I’ve heard there is some learning curve.

Sponsored

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Agree…I’ve rented vehicles with auto stop and it drives me bonkers and you have to toggle it off every vehicle start. Now I bought a powerboost and it’s part of the package but I’m hopeful the electric portion picks up when I step on the pedal. I’ve heard there is some learning curve.
Yeah I’ll be curious how everyone likes their power boosts. You gotta drive them like a hybrid, nice and slow off the line to get that battery takeoff. I’m thinking auto start stop will be alright for you guys that start out in electric mode

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Yeah I’ll be curious how everyone likes their power boosts. You gotta drive them like a hybrid, nice and slow off the line to get that battery takeoff. I’m thinking auto start stop will be alright for you guys that start out in electric mode
I was surprised how quick and the responsive the truck was when I test drove one, felt like a sedan yet spacious and luxurious. Too bad the markup was 6 grand above msrp or else I wouldn’t be here.

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I was surprised how quick and the responsive the truck was when I test drove one, felt like a sedan yet spacious and luxurious. Too bad the markup was 6 grand above msrp or else I wouldn’t be here.
I haven’t even sat inside our generation truck yet!

CGTruuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven’t even sat inside our generation truck yet!
Wow that's bold to buy a truck you haven't even sat in yet! Family has a 21 Platinum PB that I was able to drive around for a week or so. It's super nice, although the PB is not for me. Did take some getting used to when it kicked from electric to the engine on off the line, but otherwise it was a great driving experience.

CGTruuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
palsapp updated with my VIN. Does anyone know if this is where they do the spray in bedliner?

Ford F-150 01/17/2022 Build Week Group Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
palsapp updated with my VIN. Does anyone know if this is where they do the spray in bedliner?

Capture.JPG
Just to guide off of this. Is your pcm modules loaded? And are you still in production phase on the tracker?

CGTruuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to guide off of this. Is your pcm modules loaded? And are you still in production phase on the tracker?
No PCM modules, I am at the "Built" step in the Ford tracker

Edit: just found this info in another build tracking thread. Norfolk Southern is for rail shipping part of convoy. Here are the details from that thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/12-20-2021-build-club.6855/post-156406

Here is Norfolk Southern tracking info, for those who may have NS as a convoy rail co

1-800-635-5768

Option 2 for intermodal then option 2 for tracing.

You will need railcar number from your dealer. Use keypad to enter alpha character and use # for quick entering of alpha and numeric character separately.

Last edited:

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Wow that's bold to buy a truck you haven't even sat in yet! Family has a 21 Platinum PB that I was able to drive around for a week or so. It's super nice, although the PB is not for me. Did take some getting used to when it kicked from electric to the engine on off the line, but otherwise it was a great driving experience.
I drove the generation prior and really liked it, so id think id like this one too.

tylerneff1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150