First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybridf
Occupation
Operations manager
Are you Canadian ? If so that Ford tracker won’t work for you. Use the tracker on this forum.
Where would I find that tracker?
Not Canadian but it is a dealer order not mine

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
Question: I finally got notice my truck is in production. The ford website says in production and estimated date to dealer is 6/7. Is this dealer delivery date accurate?!

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
What color was the window sticker, if it is green it is a customer order if it is blue then it was a dealer order, My dealer has two on the lot that were customer orders that the customer backed out of.
Mine is a Blue sticker and it is listed at Ford as a customer order?

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Oh wow. This just got me totally fired up. In a negative way. RATZ. My order/production/
1621876418996.png
dates are very close to yours, I'm in same boat. Sigh. I don't suppose the line in the reservation viewer "estimated to be delivered to dealer in 39 days" can be trusted...or can it? That would put delivery at beginning of July...
@CaptainHook -

You are right. It can’t be trusted.
For a couple of weeks, I had a similar note, a countdown that my truck would be delivered in 20 days, 19 days, etc. The message stopped after it got to 9 days.

That ETA Date has since come and gone with no changes. Not even a new fake ETA Date.

I really do hope you have better luck than I have had. Some folks are getting their trucks in fewer than 3 months, others in 8-9 months. Little rhyme or reason.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
There's definitely a lot of caching on the Ford vehicle tracker (as well as this site's and the mach-e ones - they all fetch from the same data source).

The caching works via geographic location. So if I log in to a VPN from another country (e.g. Australia or somewhere in Europe - somewhere that hasn't loaded the information in over a day), I get the freshest information.

Right now on any of the trackers loaded in the US, my truck shows as "awaiting shipment", but when I load it from Australia, it shows "In Transit" and the shipment date of yesterday 5/25.

I've also been using Private / Incognito when using the VPN, so that I don't use the browser cache either, which is completely necessary since it's set to re-fetch only after an hour of the last data received, which would be out of date if you didn't switch geographic location at the time.

The ford web team really messed up how the data is being served. It's marked as cached for too long and not marked to expire the cache when the data changes.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
There's definitely a lot of caching on the Ford vehicle tracker (as well as this site's and the mach-e ones - they all fetch from the same data source).

The caching works via geographic location. So if I log in to a VPN from another country (e.g. Australia or somewhere in Europe - somewhere that hasn't loaded the information in over a day), I get the freshest information.

Right now on any of the trackers loaded in the US, my truck shows as "awaiting shipment", but when I load it from Australia, it shows "In Transit" and the shipment date of yesterday 5/25.

I've also been using Private / Incognito when using the VPN, so that I don't use the browser cache either, which is completely necessary since it's set to re-fetch only after an hour of the last data received, which would be out of date if you didn't switch geographic location at the time.

The ford web team really messed up how the data is being served. It's marked as cached for too long and not marked to expire the cache when the data changes.
Wait, your truck was ordered in April and is in transit to your dealer already?

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Wait, your truck was ordered in April and is in transit to your dealer already?
Yes I'm sorry to say that most Dearborn May builds seem to be shipping immediately like normal, like there's no shortages. My dealer is also probably relatively small so my order got picked up immediately for schedule, and Ford usually schedules a month out. The guess is that it's cheaper for Ford to keep the assembly line open and build as much as they can. Hopefully the upcoming closures are a sign that they realize they need to deal with the existing parked trucks and not add to the expensive problem.

Krimzonspider

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150 (someday)
I used the mach-e vin# tracking page and got different info from the typical ford tracker. The regular tracker had a date of 5/24 and check under production as well as a 5/25 built date this morning. But the check under production went away as well as the built date when I recently looked. The mach-e tracker just recently showed this info under the raw data section. Does anyone know what releaseDate, etaStartDate, transitDate mean? The etaEndDate matches my current estimated delivery date.

"receiptDate": "2021-04-08",
"releaseDate": "2021-05-25",
"etaStartDate": "2021-06-05",
"etaEndDate": "2021-06-11",
"productionDate": "2021-05-24",
"shipmentDate": "",
"transitDate": "06",

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
I used the mach-e vin# tracking page and got different info from the typical ford tracker. The regular tracker had a date of 5/24 and check under production as well as a 5/25 built date this morning. But the check under production went away as well as the built date when I recently looked. The mach-e tracker just recently showed this info under the raw data section. Does anyone know what releaseDate, etaStartDate, transitDate mean? The etaEndDate matches my current estimated delivery date.

"receiptDate": "2021-04-08",
"releaseDate": "2021-05-25",
"etaStartDate": "2021-06-05",
"etaEndDate": "2021-06-11",
"productionDate": "2021-05-24",
"shipmentDate": "",
"transitDate": "06",
Release date is date it left the factory.
Transit I believe is the expected number of days it takes to complete transit.
ETA start and end is the estimated range of delivery.
Mine has 21 for transit and it usually takes 3 weeks to Southern California. It lines up roughly with my ETA window

Krimzonspider

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150 (someday)
Release date is date it left the factory.
Transit I believe is the expected number of days it takes to complete transit.
ETA start and end is the estimated range of delivery.
Mine has 21 for transit and it usually takes 3 weeks to Southern California. It lines up roughly with my ETA window
Wait, are you saying it "appears" that my truck is built and about to ship? I hope that's true but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. :p

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Wait, are you saying it "appears" that my truck is built and about to ship? I hope that's true but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. :p
Yes it's definitely built and released. It's not on the train / convoy yet since shipmentDate doesn't have a value.

enigma99a

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021
My truck was ordered on 4/19 and currently shows in production with a blend date of 6/16. All other dates are currently empty. After the blend date is when those fields get populated?

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
My truck was ordered on 4/19 and currently shows in production with a blend date of 6/16. All other dates are currently empty. After the blend date is when those fields get populated?
That's my understanding and I bet your truck arrives well before all of us that ordered in January and February. Its all about making quarterly numbers.
Sponsored