šŸ§­ Track Your F-150 Order by VIN Number

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Note: dearborn build, took about 16 days to get to the dealership in California from Dearborn, you can get an idea from where you are?

Update, the salesmen called me saying the truck was delivered to the dealership and was going through the checkups. 3 hours later a phone call from the salesmen, " during the inspection, they notice a dent in the rear door, the truck needs to go to the body shop for repairs". It will take another week. OMG body shop before I get my (new) truck? $70K truck!! A damaged truck now? Now I am thinking of a deduction in price now. I should've asked for a picture of the damage.
This morning I asked if I could come to see (3-hour drive) the truck to see the damage, his replies saying the truck is in the bodyshop now. Oh well

What are your thoughts everyone, should I try to deduct the cost to the truck? Try to get something out of it, they can also deny any loss to them?
Depends on the damage. Body shop anymore means they are replacing the outer skin. Rarely do they straighten dents on aluminum walls. If thatā€™s the case they would keep it if it were mine
Sponsored

Harlz55

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Taurus Limited, 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Saint John Firefighter / Downey Ford parts counterperson
Note: dearborn build, took about 16 days to get to the dealership in California from Dearborn, you can get an idea from where you are?

Update, the salesmen called me saying the truck was delivered to the dealership and was going through the checkups. 3 hours later a phone call from the salesmen, " during the inspection, they notice a dent in the rear door, the truck needs to go to the body shop for repairs". It will take another week. OMG body shop before I get my (new) truck? $70K truck!! A damaged truck now? Now I am thinking of a deduction in price now. I should've asked for a picture of the damage.
This morning I asked if I could come to see (3-hour drive) the truck to see the damage, his replies saying the truck is in the bodyshop now. Oh well

What are your thoughts everyone, should I try to deduct the cost to the truck? Try to get something out of it, they can also deny any loss to them?
I know if it was mineā€¦..I wonā€™t be taking it. Went through that 4 years ago with my wifeā€™s new ā€˜17 Escape. Had a small dent and we didnā€™t take it. Had the dealership get us another one the exact some for the same price. My new truck has an ETA of July 21 which is next week. Hopefully it is.

RGR21

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What do it mean if the date changed at the bottom of your window sticker? Was 06/30/21 then went to 07/08/21 now itā€™s 07/15/21
That is the date(s) noting when the status was updated for the vehicle.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I guess that means that ther is some kind of movement.?
I really don't think so. I think it has something to do with generation of the electronic window sticker. My truck sat built in the boneyard for over 3 months with no update at all. About every 3 days when I would check the status and sticker the date at the bottom was updated to that date.

Sponsored

dbidgedale

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
The dealer gave me the rail car initials/number and I tracked it to it's final destination (7.6.2021). Now just waiting for it to be off loaded and delivered to dealer. Dealer said this could take 3 - 7 days. So much anticipation!
Delivered Thursday (7/15) morning. Picked it up in the evening (7/15). ?

Harlz55

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Taurus Limited, 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Saint John Firefighter / Downey Ford parts counterperson
Just a quick update on my new truck. All the information on this site was totally 100% accurate. For my vehicle anyways. Right down to the actual ETA date. It arrived on July 21st at the dealership, the same day posted on this site. Thank you very much for all the updates. I'm just waiting for them to PDI it, install a leveling kit, wheel well liners and hard roll-up tonneau cover. Then she's mine.

Last edited:

Bluemedic22

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current Vehicle: 2016 F150 Magnetic
Mine is an order date of Apr 20/2021 and still shows in order processing/ no window sticker available. I checked at dealer and there is a build date of Aug 28th 2021. So the tracker doesn't show expected build date?

jjang4eva

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-250 XLT
Order Date : 6/23
In production : 7/30, and I received my window sticker today.

Sponsored

Ford XLT

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Machine op
Sites not updated very quickly they are behind

readingk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Well couldn't wait for my build .... almost a year on order and no sign of it ... dealer came up with an option for me ... same trim level but no max tow package ( which i didn't need ...just wanted) not the antimatter blue but Star White.
I Could not be happier am converted to the color and the truck is awesome

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
Well couldn't wait for my build .... almost a year on order and no sign of it ... dealer came up with an option for me ... same trim level but no max tow package ( which i didn't need ...just wanted) not the antimatter blue but Star White.
I Could not be happier am converted to the color and the truck is awesome
Awesome man - congrats. I went with Star white as well and eager waiting for it. I haven't seen one in person yet so im curious how awesome is it?

readingk

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Well it doesn't show the dirt which is great, when the sun shines it sparkles and the wife loves it, its not too white just a bit old english white
Sponsored