Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
Hold on.

I have a text from a salesman 16 hours away who had my first choice Lariat sold. Now hes unsure if the deal is going through or not.
Similar story. I built my truck on the Ford site and then hit the “find my truck” button and it showed me an almost identical truck at a dealer 100 miles away. I took the sticker into the local dealer who said they would see if it was available. The sticker had a green border and stated it was a special order.

The local dealer wasn’t getting back to me after a full day so I called the other dealer myself and found out the truck had been ordered but the buyer got tired of waiting for it and bought something else. Boom. Drove up that day and bought it. While I was doing the paperwork the local dealer called me with the bad news that the truck had been sold. I told the new dealer who said they had called but told the local dealer they would not trade this truck to the local dealer because of the lack of inventory.

Also, while we were doing paperwork, the salesman got three calls on it.

I consider myself lucky and I like my truck, Velocity Blue hybrid w/ Equipment group 501A, twin panel moonroof, 7.2 kw pro power, trailer tow package, spray on bedliner, hard tonneau cover.

Good luck!

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
So if anyone has been following the RUST issues you may know that my truck was one of the worst.

Ford is trying to Buy it Back or Replace it or Refund it, but there are no trucks. A local dealer to me has informed me it may in the Fall till one that I want as replacement arrives.... At this point I may be better off waiting till the 2022's come out next December or January?

The one I have now was purchased from a dealer that it in stock it had the color and most options I wanted but not all, I was fed up shopping for a new one so I settled for the one I have now. I learned of rust issues from this Forum and very thankful I joined.

The Star White with Stone Gray with Black interior, is the one I have now has the 3.5 Eco Boost, 502A High and many other extras.

The new one I would want to to order woud have these addtional items that if i originally ordered it vs. an in stock one I would have ordered with these options:

Lariat Super Crew with 5.5' box
3.5 Power boost full hybrid 4 x 2
Star White with Stone Gray
502A High
Tow Technology Package
Ford Co-pilot 360 Active 2.0 Prep package
(rusted one did not come with the Prep-Package)
20" Chrome wheels
Spray in bedlner
7.2kw Pro Power (rusted one did not have this)
Wheel Well Liner
Power Tailgate
Power Deployable Running Boards
Interior Work Surface (rusted one did not have this)
B&O Sound Unleashed (rusted one had just the B&O)

Am I missing something that I should order? I don't tow much at all ever so 4x4 is not really needed, no snow here in Miami and the biggest hill is my driveway.

Love the truck but not the rust. It appears that I don't have the issues effecting others with electronic glitches but the rust is just simply unacceptable.

Ford should do a simple buy back which turns out to be MSRP for MRSP. The new one would cost a few thousand more and am ok with that. But Ford keeps coming at me with curve balls, delays, excuses and I don't have a bat. Although there are plenty of attorneys that would love to take the place of the bat for me.

Ford's excuse is that there are no dealers that want to be involved with the Buy Back. Level of Customer Service from Ford and Dealers so far on a scale of 0 to 10 is a fat 0. I can't wait to star writing the reviews both good and bad once this nightmare is behind me.

Mginn68

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Work
All set up and finished for now, or until more fun products come out. Absolutely love the way it turned out. And how fast the PB is...

Lariat 502A, Sport, FX4, Powerboost
Roush 2.0 coilover level lift
275/65R20 KO2's
Bak X4s bed cover.
Coated under and over.
Many other little pieced together as well.
20210427_171957.jpg
20210427_172200.jpg
20210427_172209.jpg
20210427_204043~2.jpg
20210408_131814.jpg
20210416_165027.jpg
Very nice!
I’m still waiting on delivery of mine.

Does the 2” truly level the truck. I’m reading where some are going with the 2.25” kit.

love the tires. Mine is coming with 18”. No rubbing on yours ?

Sponsored

MIWheeling

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Very nice!
I’m still waiting on delivery of mine.

Does the 2” truly level the truck. I’m reading where some are going with the 2.25” kit.

love the tires. Mine is coming with 18”. No rubbing on yours ?
Thanks! Yep, it lifted it about 2.75 inches. And the rake is only a half inch higher in the back end. And absolutely no rubbing whatsoever since the tires aren't that wide.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
So this is where all the cool kids hang huh? Well just thought id say hello to all the lariat owners. Just picked mine up Friday and it's awesome so far.
Found it on a lot 3 hours away for invoice, not bad with all the lack of lariats there are in my area.
Well good luck and keep the shiny side up!

Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? IMG_1834

Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? IMG_1838D

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
So this is where all the cool kids hang huh? Well just thought id say hello to all the lariat owners. Just picked mine up Friday and it's awesome so far.
Found it on a lot 3 hours away for invoice, not bad with all the lack of lariats there are in my area.
Well good luck and keep the shiny side up!

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1838D.jpeg
Welcome to the Lariat Lounge, and yes, this is where all the cool kids hang. Nice build on your rig!

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I picked up my new Lariat on Thursday. 2021 Lariat 502a in Velocity Blue. 20" wheels, PowerBoost, 7.2KW, B&O Unleashed, Power Running Boards, I am largely very happy with it.

I have a couple issues, one of which has the dealer and I guess Ford kind of clueless. My Sync has these issues:
Cannot enable Wireless App Projection, it beeps, but won't turn on. When you add a phone by Bluetooth, at the end it says for Wireless CarPlay, Wireless App Projection must be enabled. You tap enable, and it just says Wireless App Projection Disabled.
I also can't turn on the Wireless HotSpot, it just says it's not enabled.
I also can't add the truck to FordPass, it doesn't offer the Activate option. It shows it on my old truck (2019). So there seems to be just a number of issues all around the Modem/Hotspot capability. We found this issue when I picked up the truck, they took it to service right away, and the truck aced every diagnostic test. But they tried other phones and had their top Sync guy try it, no luck. So the truck has a date with the dealer on Wednesday and Ford engineering is going to take a shot at it.

Otherwise, the truck is amazing. CarPlay still works through USB, which I have been doing for years so I can live without it for now. It drives great and I am enjoying driving around and getting a feel for the hybrid.

Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? Image-3

Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? Image-2

Plus my axle look fantastic. :D

Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? Image-1

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I picked up my new Lariat on Thursday. 2021 Lariat 502a in Velocity Blue. 20" wheels, PowerBoost, 7.2KW, B&O Unleashed, Power Running Boards, I am largely very happy with it.

I have a couple issues, one of which has the dealer and I guess Ford kind of clueless. My Sync has these issues:
Cannot enable Wireless App Projection, it beeps, but won't turn on. When you add a phone by Bluetooth, at the end it says for Wireless CarPlay, Wireless App Projection must be enabled. You tap enable, and it just says Wireless App Projection Disabled.
I also can't add the truck to FordPass, it doesn't offer the Activate option. It shows it on my old truck (2019). So there seems to be just a number of issues all around the Modem/Hotspot capability. We found this issue when I picked up the truck, they took it to service right away, and the truck aced every diagnostic test. But they tried other phones and had their top Sync guy try it, no luck. So the truck has a date with the dealer on Wednesday and Ford engineering is going to take a shot at it.

Otherwise, the truck is amazing. CarPlay still works through USB, which I have been doing for years so I can live without it for now. It drives great and I am enjoying driving around and getting a feel for the hybrid.

Image-3.jpeg

Image-2.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg
Welcome to the lounge!

502A in Velocity Blue - ? ??

Hammertown150

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4

Image-3.jpeg

Image-2.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg
I'm having the same issue with Android Auto. Works fine with the USB attached, but no wireless function. Seems to be pretty common from what I'm reading on these new trucks. I usually charge my phone in the truck anyhow so not a major concern for me personally but it would be nice if it worked out of the gate.

Mginn68

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Work
Can someone tell me what these are and any alternative if removed ?
Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? F9DBC634-A0B4-4F69-B0C0-4FA356F0553E

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can someone tell me what these are and any alternative if removed ?
F9DBC634-A0B4-4F69-B0C0-4FA356F0553E.jpeg

Those are on the rear wheels, correct?

If so, my best educated guess is that they are a mud and rock guard for the fender. I’ve also read that they are for fuel economy.

Stock:
Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? C7B350CA-7A23-4DF9-A2A7-C83EABACD722

From what I can tell, the low profile ones only come stock on F-150s equipped with full length or power deplorable running boards.
Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? D4620C33-3A8E-41E3-9229-807169067BE3

Here is the Ford OEM part number for the low profile replacement piece:
Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? AC0D21B0-D812-489D-81F2-BDD8771908B6
Sponsored