First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Looks like they're working on that, the last comment in the questions says to check back soon. Wonder what really changed in July - trucks built before that date don't have headlights that the IIHS recommends.
Is the starkey one supposed to be like oem? Or better than f150led.com?
Sponsored

ts3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Last edited:

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I just bought a 2021 Lariat Powerboost that was dealer inventory today and was really hesitant buying a 2021 when it’s 2022 (barely). I was considering ordering a 2022 but after reading through all of this I’m relieved I didn’t. Though, even without some of the standard stuff from the 2021’s, it’s still an awesome truck. I think the way Ford has gone about these changes is all wrong. It’s quite shady because they haven’t been upfront about it. Just thought I’d give everyone a little hope…you’re still getting an awesome truck! That said, you should all send letters to Ford and voice your concerns, because they are valid.

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
I decided to order a vehicle to get exactly what I wanted and not pay for extra things I don’t really need. I did my build on the Ford website for the MY21 but got caught in the switch over to MY22. My rep at Akins Ford walked me through the differences on the MY22 (one being the bed lighting) to make sure everything translated over correctly. They were very thorough and meticulous about it. I think the dealer and sales rep makes a difference when it comes to most of this. Admittedly, they did not tell me about the change to the digital knobs for the A/C or omission of ambient lighting in the cup holders but I’m guessing even the dealer didn’t know this to be the case. I ordered on 12/1/21 as a point of reference. The 2021 F150 rocks and I’m sure the 2022 will too!!!

Sponsored

21PBLariat

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB Lariat
Can't figure out where mine is. Dealer said shows Dearborn Ramp 59, but the main sales guy said it was supposed to be delivered Jan 2nd.

Anyone know how to track? 1FTFW1ED0MFC61836

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
So for MY22, LED box lighting is standard on a LIghtning Lariat trim, but not on a normal F150 Lariat.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
A little confused:

My MY21 502a Lariat doesnt have the tailgate step, why?

I have MAX tow, power tailgate (lower and in the FOB, but not power up).

Also, I have incandescent license plat bulbs instead of LEDs.

What?

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
A little confused:

What?
When they refer to "Power tailgate," that's the tailgate that powers up. If you don't have the power tailgate, that means that you did not get the Bed Utility package. The step only comes with the Bed Utility package (power tailgate, tailgate step, work surface). In '21s, Lariats come standard with BoxLink and bed lighting. In U.S. '22s, for now, Lariats only comes with bed lighting and BoxLink if you add the Bed Utility package.

21PBLariat

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB Lariat
A little confused:

What?
You probably don't have the ambient lights in cup holder, lights in glovebox or LED readout on temperature control knobs either???? Yours is a late 2021 build and the 22's don't have those items.

The tailgate step is a bit of mystery though... Mine comes in next Tuesday and I'm interested to see if it was a late build as well...

Sponsored

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
So for MY22, LED box lighting is standard on a LIghtning Lariat trim, but not on a normal F150 Lariat.
Correct.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
You probably don't have the ambient lights in cup holder, lights in glovebox or LED readout on temperature control knobs either???? Yours is a late 2021 build and the 22's don't have those items.

The tailgate step is a bit of mystery though... Mine comes in next Tuesday and I'm interested to see if it was a late build as well...
No mystery, I don't think. My understanding of the Order Guid: Step only included in Bed Utility package.

21PBLariat

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB Lariat
No mystery, I don't think. My understanding of the Order Guid: Step only included in Bed Utility package.
You are correct... I didn't think that far into the step issue...

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs

I DO have lights in the glovebox, LED temp readouts in the knobs, and cupholder lights.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs
When they refer to "Power tailgate," that's the tailgate that powers up. If you don't have the power tailgate, that means that you did not get the Bed Utility package. The step only comes with the Bed Utility package (power tailgate, tailgate step, work surface). In '21s, Lariats come standard with BoxLink and bed lighting. In U.S. '22s, for now, Lariats only comes with bed lighting and BoxLink if you add the Bed Utility package.
Damn, youre spot on. I read that option when building as the work surface, I didnt catch that it also includes the rear step. I guess I will have to add it by ordering from the dealer.
Sponsored