Sponsored

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
The new APIM has 6x the performance on the low end and 19x on the high end (task dependent)
That makes sense to smooth out the interface UI and speed up tasks.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Last edited:

Thor’s Stormboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Area-51
Column shifters are the way to go... if you can do them right. There's a lot of variability and it's way too easy to make one feel cheap. I have a Sport Package F150 so someone will have to fill me in on if Ford's 21+ column shifters pulled it off.

As much as I like hating on dial shifters, it is easier to make them feel and look premium.
I had the column shifter on my ‘21 XLT with the chrome package, I actually really liked it compared to the sport center console shifter.

My ultimate goal build would have been the column shifter, center console storage (no bench seat), and wait for it…PTM bumpers and not being forced to get chrome anything.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Column shift is the only way to go in a truck. Fords column shifter is good, but not perfect. The manual select shift button is in a good spot, but the up/downshift buttons arent in a good spot. I also think the shifter should be cylindrical instead of some weird shape with angles.

Digital dash is a deal breaker in any car.
Sponsored