• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
If your dealer said they got "a couple" in wave 1, you already can't believe anything else they tell you.
Why so? I guess they didn't actually say that had 1-2 in Wave 1 but implied it from

It appears the first wave was a small group (1-2 people per store) to test the waters. I would expect the next wave to increase the number of invitations and more after that. Within the six waves from January through the end of March, will be getting a 2022 model. After March it will be most likely a 2023 model. Keep an eye out for the email form Ford containing the invite.
Sponsored

TPerks

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt EV
Occupation
Gunner’s Mate Chief Petty Officer
Not I.

I'm in Central Florida/Clermont. My fingers were crossed so hard. Whatever. Purchased a Mustang Mach E for my wife on Monday, so I'm fine with working on those payments for a while, I guess.
Congrats on the Mach-E ??
Losing hope that I’ll get an invite as well, but I’m gonna look hard at the Rivian while I wait.
Reservation within the first 3 minutes of the site going live didn’t account for much apparently.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I reserved on 5/19 but I think it was after the presentation, and wasn't in wave 2, so this was probably those were prioritized by dealerships or reserved during the presentation.
I reserved before the presentation started and I got nothing. I’m with Granger in Iowa, so I’m guessing their location and lower priority has me screwed.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ford didn’t send me an e-mail this afternoon, but Chevy did. They sent a link for a virtual tour of the Silverado EV. :LOL:

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Lol… now I get the text… several hours later.

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Lightning Ordering WAVE 2 Emails Are Out! 21370767-35C8-46B3-8FAC-91B94B4FD489

Last edited:

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
And that my friend isn't right if you are at the beginning of the line like me. I reserved day one as well and have heard nothing from ford in email for anvite. My local dealer didn't even get an allocation in wave 2. Apparently getting in line doesn't mean what we all thought it should mean?

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I wonder how many people ordered a Pro today? From the looks of it, it seemed they were out of Pro immediately? Looks like I will be driving my Model Y around for another year. Pro, or nothing for me.

Azbittel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford had an exceptionally rare chance to actually win back some buyers that mostly or completely walked away from American cars years ago. Opportunity squandered. Damn shame.
Squandered? What is the alternative, equivalent vehicle? Oh shit, there isn't one. Not for at least a year or more. Y'all will be crawling back in line for a Lightning when Chevy and Ram have the same issues. And guess what, the price of those vehicle is going to far exceed the price of this. Guarantee it.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Ford needs to adjust the price gap for the xlt.. plain and simple.
No one wants to pay 74k for an xlt. I drive an ice xlt and 74k for one is insane. Of course 80k for a Lariat that I'm chasing is also insane. I remember not too long ago when I called the sticker price on the truck I bought a joke to the salesman. What the heck happened?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
XLT said 20+ weeks delivery on the front page. When I customized my truck, right by the place order link it said 24+ weeks. I added both towing options, I'm not sure if that caused the jump in time or if the front page just has a different estimate. Technically both can be right...

My dealer said they will try to push orders through tomorrow. I do wonder if another dealer pushed through today and mine tomorrow, does that put me further back in the list? Or once you are in line, is it simply a matter of what build you have to determine final production time?

I would be absolutely shocked if the first deliveries are anything other than Platinums. They want the top of the line version all over social media. Pro probably in front of XLT, so they can say they delivered a $40k EV truck.

Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
XLT said 20+ weeks delivery on the front page. When I customized my truck, right by the place order link it said 24+ weeks. I added both towing options, I'm not sure if that caused the jump in time or if the front page just has a different estimate. Technically both can be right...

My dealer said they will try to push orders through tomorrow. I do wonder if another dealer pushed through today and mine tomorrow, does that put me further back in the list? Or once you are in line, is it simply a matter of what build you have to determine final production time?

I would be absolutely shocked if the first deliveries are anything other than Platinums. They want the top of the line version all over social media. Pro probably in front of XLT, so they can say they delivered a $40k EV truck.
Everything I've read says that yes it will push you back in line. I called my dealer and had them accept minutes after I placed the order. I also saw the 20+ -> 24+ estimate. My guess is that it changed live as orders were flowing in.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
No one is getting screwed. You were promised nothing. Nothing in writing. Nothing at all. They owe you nothing. So many whiny babies. I played this game with my Mach E and My wife's Bronco. Par for the course. It is a brand new vehicle, and with all of the other automotive issues world wide people just going to have to suck it the fuck up. Supply and demand keeps businesses going, and if you get cut out of the equation because you can't afford it then.... Ain't no one's fault/problem but yours lol They won't miss your business at all because they all sold already anyways.
You sound super tough, I'm impressed. Ford bait and switched with the Pro model. We don't have to be happy about it if we don't want to. It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
I might be out also, and the dealer putting their BS ADM on top of it after saying they wouldn’t. I now have to find a dealer that won’t BS me.
That is such BS. I hope these ADM dealers lose every single one of their orders and allotment to another dealer that is actually listening to Ford and taking care of their customers.

Deleted member 9341

Squandered? What is the alternative, equivalent vehicle? Oh shit, there isn't one. Not for at least a year or more. Y'all will be crawling back in line for a Lightning when Chevy and Ram have the same issues. And guess what, the price of those vehicle is going to far exceed the price of this. Guarantee it.
Zzz
Sponsored