• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I did Ford of Upland -- but have gotten ZERO information from them.
Upland is going to charge you ADM guaranteed, so will Chino, Fritts, Raceway
Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Sorry man, Granger has always been a dealership that actually cares about their reputation. I doubt they had any idea that Ford would limit the allocations to non-ZEV states so drastically.

I somehow squeaked through and was able to order from a dealer farther NE in Iowa then Granger. Owner told me I was a lucky fuck as Ford told him they weren't being allotted any this MY. Maybe Ford only gives them an allocation number the day the wave invites go out.

Hopefully Granger gets some information and passes it along to the hundreds of people that have a reservation with them.
Granger has been great to me. I've bought two other vehicles from them and they're worth the trip to Iowa and back from Denver.

The "problem" with Granger and the Lightning is the few 2022 allocations being handed out combined with preference for ZEV states. Add to that the enthusiast following Granger has and I'm betting most of their reservations are very early reservations so there's probably a cluster of "before the reveal" reservation holders sitting in line at Granger to wait for Lighting allocations that won't come this year.

I'm doubtful that moving my reservation elsewhere will score me a truck at this point. Perhaps it will, I don't know. In the end, I'd still prefer to buy from Granger so will probably just leave my order there. In the mean time, I'll drop the max pack off my R1T configuration and take delivery of that truck sometime July thru August and then reconsider Lighting or max pack R1T again next year.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/đź“Š-f-150-lightning-orders-tracking-list-stats-add-yours.7929/

Its interesting what our small subset of data has shown though. So as Farley pointed out: CA, NY, and TX have the most orders so far...followed by NJ and OH. It could be due to current policies, or even the saturation of Electrify America charging stations.

State EV Policy Dashboard:
https://www.electrificationcoalition.org/resource/dashboard/

Electrify America:
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger/
I think it’s simply tracking population. A more useful data point would be rate of orders per 100K residents, also by state. Ranking states by total # of orders is almost meaningless.

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Yea I believe the first ones showed 20. Guess each wave is further out
I’m speculating they aren’t starting builds til most of the waves are done. Even wave 1 people have until 3/31 to place their order. So most likely nothing starting til after that. Then they will sort by trim level and build accordingly. That’s my guess.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Thanks. I believe that was the case with most of the Austin area dealers as well. So much for being a tech hub!
Might want to give Red McCombs in San Antonio a call to see what their list looks like. Eric McCutchen has played it straight and I have a wave 1 order in.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So what's the word on how many orders dealers got for Wave 2? Was it one per dealer again?

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
So what's the word on how many orders dealers got for Wave 2? Was it one per dealer again?
Some have reported dealers saying they got no orders in Wave 2, others said 1-2 trucks. I don’t think I’ve read about any getting more than 2.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Some have reported dealers saying they got no orders in Wave 2, others said 1-2 trucks. I don’t think I’ve read about any getting more than 2.
Yeah, it seems wave 2 may have been smaller than wave 1, which is not what was expected.

Fingers99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250
Occupation
sales
Yeah, it seems wave 2 may have been smaller than wave 1, which is not what was expected.
It looks like some dealers will only get 2 Lightnings in total for the 2022 models. In Austin there are 4 for one dealer and 7 for another. I'd be surprised to see a dealer with more than 10 for their store. Galpin Ford would probably have the most at their store.

TexasGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
It looks like some dealers will only get 2 Lightnings in total for the 2022 models. In Austin there are 4 for one dealer and 7 for another. I'd be surprised to see a dealer with more than 10 for their store. Galpin Ford would probably have the most at their store.
I think that dealers may be misinformed about their 2022 allocations, and I think that we are too worried about it.

I am concluding that based upon; a) the number of vehicles I expect Ford to build in 2022 (15k-20k), b) the number of people who reserved the same day (about 20k), comments herein that a good percentage of folks will elect not to convert reservations to orders (10%-30%), that anyone who reserved on 5/19 will be given an opportunity to order a lightning for 2022 delivery. Yes, some may not be able to order the model they want or pay a price for the options that they think is fair, but they will have the opportunity to order.

Call me a half full guy, naive, or just ridiculous, but I do know that we have very little control over what Ford will do and more of the opinions I've read here on the matter are just plain wrong, so please do not get too worked up over it.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I think that dealers may be misinformed about their 2022 allocations, and I think that we are too worried about it.

I am concluding that based upon; a) the number of vehicles I expect Ford to build in 2022 (15k-20k), b) the number of people who reserved the same day (about 20k), comments herein that a good percentage of folks will elect not to convert reservations to orders (10%-30%), that anyone who reserved on 5/19 will be given an opportunity to order a lightning for 2022 delivery. Yes, some may not be able to order the model they want or pay a price for the options that they think is fair, but they will have the opportunity to order.

Call me a half full guy, naive, or just ridiculous, but I do know that we have very little control over what Ford will do and more of the opinions I've read here on the matter are just plain wrong, so please do not get too worked up over it.
I'm definitely in the TexasGuy camp. This dealer "thing" is wrong but it has been since I can remember and I don't expect Ford to be able to fix it just for this first batch of Lightnings. I wanted to think the timestamp meant something when I jumped in on the 19th. The prioritizing I expect but is really chicken shit . Hell I just found out about a friend of a friend that got offered the first truck without a reservation. The dealer is his best friend and I'll bet he will get it. I wanted to know when for planning purposes and taxes but I bet if I get kicked to 2023 it will be easier to get what I want without playing musical dealers and chasing the ADM crap. Without a crystal ball nobody can figure out what the feds will do with the rebate.
I figure Ford will ramp up production as fast as they can. It's not like they'll build the first batch then take 3 months off. Call it a 2022 or 2023 I figure a good chance of a build date by the end of the year. I sure ain't gonna twist up my panties real tight over it. Gawdamn it's only a truck !!
Cheers and C-ya

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Might want to give Red McCombs in San Antonio a call to see what their list looks like. Eric McCutchen has played it straight and I have a wave 1 order in.
Maybe not! I sent a message to Eric saying he might hear from people. He replied back that they got their wave 2 emails sent out and his buddy missed the cut by 1 and will have to wait for MY 2023.

Interesting things implied by the reply are 1) They won't have any more allocation for MY 2022, and 2) his buddy was not given a priority spot!
Sponsored