• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
For $13k more, you will get some useful features like 8-way powered seats, 360 deg camera, and some peanuts on top!! XLT trim pricing is the biggest joke of the year 2022!!
Ya its crazy, but I'm convinced that ford priced the XLT $13k more because they truly believed that the new EV tax was gonna go through (Biden probably fed corporate a bunch of b.s. guarantees when he visited the plant saying "ya it'll pass for sure!!! Do you have any ice cream?") This would have priced the XLT model very close to $40K after incentives. That would have given them two cheap models, which would have priced at about $27.5k and $40k after incentives. And it explains why production of BOTH of those models was very limited. But we all know how the tax credit worked out since Biden added way too many stipulations.. I feel that if there was never mention of a $12.5k tax credit, Ford would have priced the two models a bit closer together. Their plan really backfired.
Sponsored

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Dealership accepted my F150 Lightning order just a little over 2 hours after I placed it online.

f150 order accepted.png

f150 order accepted pricing.png

So, maybe best case $46.5K after the current $7.5k Federal tax credit, CA State $2,000 Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) , $750 CA Clean Fuel Reward, $1K Voluntary Accelerated Vehicle Retirement (VAVR) Program, and local utility discounts...
WTF why can’t my state have this many tax credits and rebates…

mjallen77

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 2020, Acura TLX 2015
Like my state of Texas, Alabama loves their oil. Some Texas legislators tried to push a bill to tax EVs for not using gas stations. Thankfully it didn’t pass.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ? Lightning Ordering WAVE 2 Emails Are Out! 017AC1B7-FABB-47EA-9F8B-A05EC0AA27A3

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Like my state of Texas, Alabama loves their oil. Some Texas legislators tried to push a bill to tax EVs for not using gas stations. Thankfully it didn’t pass.
Virginia did the same thing and it passed. Now the new governor wants to reduce the fuels tax. Bet he won’t lower the EV tax - which was designed to make up for gas taxes that are not used by EVs.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Alright, I'm done with obsessing over this truck for a while. The order process has been a disappointment so far and could have been so much better if they hadn't gone with the dealer priority option. All it did was alienate the most enthusiastic customers who reserved on day one (many of them conquests from other brands) and paved the way for dealer antics. They also should have set more realistic expectations for Pro availability and allocations in non-ZEV states.

Ford doesn't me anything, but I had anticipated that my first-hour reservation would have given reasonable assurance that I'd get a MY22 truck. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I'm really doubting that I'll get a chance to order this year.

Congrats to all of those who got order invites. Hopefully there will be a Lariat ER left for me if my name ever gets called.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
This might not be popular here, but roads are paid for with gas taxes in many states, EV’s don’t use gas so therefore aren’t paying for the roads they roll on. Some alternate form of taxation on EV’s to pay for the roads is reasonable.

Capstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost, 2019 Nissan Leaf
Hi All,

Lurker for a while - first time poster... I was late to the party and didn't make a reservation until August 7 2021.

Dealer called me in January 5th - had me build my truck on paper; and pay $2000 down.

I got a notification that my $100 reservation fee was refunded; and that my order was submitted. When I check online in my Ford Account it shows the following. Does that mean I'm in the club?

Never went through the online ordering or got an invite from Ford; but the order shows placed; and they said 20 weeks for delivery. Seems like a weird process compared to what some are posting, and insane wait times to order. Dealer sold for MSRP with no ADM - signed in writing by the sales manager; and even threw in free dealer extras.

Edit: *** Perhaps a different ballpark up here in Canada?

reservation.JPG

F150 Lightning.JPG
Yeah same here. Long time lurker and Canada. I had the exact same experience, I did however have a time stamp 1 min in, but had a call from one of the dealers exec’s, stop in to order, I did and have the confirmation like you. No ADM, no BS, just MSRP. I am seeing some horror stories some of you switching dealers, my god, that in its self is heart pounding. It must be a Cdn thing.
But one things that surprises me is my dealers had 80+ reserve, no prioritize in CDN, and allotted 6. Pretty much same down south. The ADM’s, deposits, etc makes me wonder if the US dealers associations that lobbied Ford can get away with some of this, and they can’t in Canada. And could just be ethics too I guess to shout out for dealer.

TheRy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Camaro Convertible, 2019 Mazda 6
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Yeah same here. Long time lurker and Canada. I had the exact same experience, I did however have a time stamp 1 min in, but had a call from one of the dealers exec’s, stop in to order, I did and have the confirmation like you. No ADM, no BS, just MSRP. I am seeing some horror stories some of you switching dealers, my god, that in its self is heart pounding. It must be a Cdn thing.
But one things that surprises me is my dealers had 80+ reserve, no prioritize in CDN, and allotted 6. Pretty much same down south. The ADM’s, deposits, etc makes me wonder if the US dealers associations that lobbied Ford can get away with some of this, and they can’t in Canada. And could just be ethics too I guess to shout out for dealer.
Good to hear I was starting to worry that my experience might be one off and perhaps my dealer didn’t know what they were doing. My dealer said they were allotted 2 trucks and had 3 reservations called us all the same time and said first one with a build spec and cash in hand gets the truck regardless of spec wanted. All trims were available when I ordered. Platinum was always my go to, my current ICE is the platinum and I wasn’t giving up the massage seats

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Dealership accepted my F150 Lightning order just a little over 2 hours after I placed it online.

f150 order accepted.png

f150 order accepted pricing.png

So, maybe best case $46.5K after the current $7.5k Federal tax credit, CA State $2,000 Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) , $750 CA Clean Fuel Reward, $1K Voluntary Accelerated Vehicle Retirement (VAVR) Program, and local utility discounts...
Need to look into VAVR. And don’t forget CVRP income limit is changing to <200k HHI in Feb 22’. ? I assume (and hope) that it impacts most folks buying $75k trucks. Ha!
Looks like large vehicle max price is also reducing to 60k ?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Don’t worry, they’re likely paying far more than those credits annually in state taxes then you are to be able to get those in the first place.
Sponsored