• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
"$56K pro fall of 2023 me"

I think those were on some official Ford site.

Pro starts way higher (like more than $12.5K plus state amount) and highest model somehow magically reduced to below the Build Back America Great again bill limits. Weird.
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Those screenshots say "FPO" on them. "For Position Only". They likely came from Photoshop and not a live system. I wouldn't put any stock in those prices or dates.
I agree. Jim Farley has repeatedly stated that the Pro would start below $40K. I do not think he would keep repeating that if it were not true.

A better place holder would have been to have “XXXX“ instead of prices and dates. Less confusion. Of course, what was posted was an internal document that was not meant for public consumption.

his/hers1fiddys

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer XLT, 2019 F150 XLT
Occupation
plant manager
2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-1.jpg
2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-2.jpg
2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-3.jpg

TEXT SEARCHABLE VERSION BELOW [SAME INFO AS ABOVE]

RETAIL CUSTOMER DEALER PRIORITIZATION PROCESS

• Each dealer will have the ability to prioritize a small number of loyal customers who are reservation holders.
  • Dealers should utilize https://cni.dealerconnection.combetween December 8th to 17th in order to complete the prioritization process.
    • Deadline: Friday, December 17th at 11:59:59 PM Eastern (No exceptions)
    • Number of customer prioritizations allowed is based on reservation volume at each
      specific dealership as of December 1st
    • Dealers with <50 Reservations = 5 prioritizations available, 50-100 Reservations = 10
      prioritizations available, & >100 Reservations = 25 prioritizations available
  • Prioritization does not guarantee allocation. Dealer prioritization will be an input to
    determine invitations to convert to an order, it is not correlated to vehicle scheduling timing or
    amount of allocation at each dealership.
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for step-by-step guide on
    how to prioritize select reservation holders.

RETAIL CUSTOMER WAVE INVITATION OVERVIEW
  • Ford is implementing a unique retail “reservation to order” process for F-150 Lightning to help efficiently convert existing reservations to orders. Our goal is to communicate information when available to help customers make informed decisions.
  • Prior to order bank opening, all reservation holders will receive an email confirming their reservation, outlining the wave order process to begin in January 2022 and explaining that due to high demand, not all reservation holders will be receiving a 22MY invitation.
  • At various stages in the process, reservation holders will be given the option to maintain their reservation for future model years. Regardless, reservations may be cancelled at any time with a full refund.
  • Ford will begin inviting reservation holders to place orders in waves starting at order bank open in January 2022. Subsequent waves will receive an invitation in approximate two-week intervals until 22MY production capacity is fulfilled.
  • Customer wave invitations will be based on a number of factors including reservation timing, Dealer estimated allocation & Dealer prioritization.
  • Prior to each wave invitation, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA’s of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration.
• As certain configurations become unavailable due to demand, the configurator will be updated to remove the ordering capability of that configuration.​
  • For customers invited to submit a 22MY order who find that their desired configuration is unavailable, the customer can either elect to maintain their reservation for a subsequent model year, work with their dealer to modify their order for a different configuration or cancel their reservation for a full refund – again, at any time. (Note: Future model year pricing will be provided when available)
  • Dealers will receive the list of their reservation holders invited for that wave prior to invitations being sent for each wave.
• A dealer can look up any customer via the F-150 Lightning Reservation to Order Program site to confirm whether their customer has received an invitation within a specific wave.​
  • Once 22MY production capacity is met, all remaining reservation holders will be notified that their next ordering opportunity will be for a subsequent model year. Again, they will be reminded of the option to hold their reservation or cancel for a full refund at any time.
  • Fleet orders follow a separate process; fleet orders being submitted at order bank open do not have an impact on the retail customer waved invitations or dealer prioritization.

RETAIL CUSTOMER RESERVATION TO ORDER PROCESS
• F-150 Lightning will leverage both online & offline reservation to order conversion based on retail customer preference​
  • All retail customers will need an invitation to convert their reservation to order to place an order
  • ONLY orders that are converted (either online or offline) will be selected for production scheduling
    • Order Amendments should be made in WBDO
    • CONCEPS orders & amendments will not be accepted (will result in compatibility
      errors)
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for complete details

FLEET CUSTOMER ORDERING PROCESS
  • As part of the reveal of the F-150 Lightning, Ford has been collecting registration interest at http://www.fleet.ford.com from fleet hand raisers. Also, Dealers have been able to submit fleet registration interest on behalf of their customers through this same website.
  • Starting January 2022, the Fleet Order Bank will open for 22MY F-150 Lightning. At that time, notifications will be sent to fleet hand raisers via e-mail urging them to contact their preferred dealership to place their orders. In addition, please reach out to your interested fleet customers and submit their orders into the fleet order bank when ordering begins.
  • Once the order bank opens any registration interest should be converted to an order in CONCEPS or Fleet-WBDO. This would include fleet customers who have been working with your dealership and any fleet customer that directly contacts your dealership going forward.
  • Due to the overwhelming demand for the F-150 Lightning, not all fleet orders will be able to be produced as 22MY units. Please set expectations with your customers accordingly.
  • Entering an order into the fleet order bank does not guarantee that it will be produced as a 22MY.
  • F-150 Lightning. When it comes time to schedule fleet orders, additional criteria beyond when the order was placed into the order bank will be used to determine when the vehicle will be built.
  • Any non-fleet order types, or non-FIN code orders will not be scheduled, and dealers will risk losing retail allocation on F-150 Lightning if these types of orders are entered into the fleet order bank.

DEALER PRICING
Review your Dealer Pricing in Vehicle Locator Plus for 22MY F-150 Lightning
  • Access the Vehicle Locator Plus at https://www.vlplus.dealerconnection.com
  • Dealers will have three (3) options to price F-150 Lightning
    1. Default to MSRP if no pricing is set by dealer (No action required)
    2. Price all F-150’s at same level (Includes F-150 Lightning)
    3. Set specific F-150 Lightning pricing by:
      • â–Ş Select “F-150”
      • â–Ş Select “22MY”
      • â–Ş Select “W1E” Body Type
      • â–Ş Select & set pricing by F-150 Lightning PEP codes (Pro 110A, XLT 311A,
        XLT 312A, LARIAT 510A, LARIAT 511A, Platinum 710A)
      • â–Ş Select & set pricing by battery if desired (Standard-Range Battery,
        Extended-Range Battery)
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for further guidance
  • Contact Vehicle Locate Plus at [email protected] for assistance

1639063861833.png

his/hers1fiddys

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer XLT, 2019 F150 XLT
Occupation
plant manager
2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-1.jpg
2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-2.jpg
2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-3.jpg

TEXT SEARCHABLE VERSION BELOW [SAME INFO AS ABOVE]

RETAIL CUSTOMER DEALER PRIORITIZATION PROCESS

• Each dealer will have the ability to prioritize a small number of loyal customers who are reservation holders.
  • Dealers should utilize https://cni.dealerconnection.combetween December 8th to 17th in order to complete the prioritization process.
    • Deadline: Friday, December 17th at 11:59:59 PM Eastern (No exceptions)
    • Number of customer prioritizations allowed is based on reservation volume at each
      specific dealership as of December 1st
    • Dealers with <50 Reservations = 5 prioritizations available, 50-100 Reservations = 10
      prioritizations available, & >100 Reservations = 25 prioritizations available
  • Prioritization does not guarantee allocation. Dealer prioritization will be an input to
    determine invitations to convert to an order, it is not correlated to vehicle scheduling timing or
    amount of allocation at each dealership.
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for step-by-step guide on
    how to prioritize select reservation holders.

RETAIL CUSTOMER WAVE INVITATION OVERVIEW
  • Ford is implementing a unique retail “reservation to order” process for F-150 Lightning to help efficiently convert existing reservations to orders. Our goal is to communicate information when available to help customers make informed decisions.
  • Prior to order bank opening, all reservation holders will receive an email confirming their reservation, outlining the wave order process to begin in January 2022 and explaining that due to high demand, not all reservation holders will be receiving a 22MY invitation.
  • At various stages in the process, reservation holders will be given the option to maintain their reservation for future model years. Regardless, reservations may be cancelled at any time with a full refund.
  • Ford will begin inviting reservation holders to place orders in waves starting at order bank open in January 2022. Subsequent waves will receive an invitation in approximate two-week intervals until 22MY production capacity is fulfilled.
  • Customer wave invitations will be based on a number of factors including reservation timing, Dealer estimated allocation & Dealer prioritization.
  • Prior to each wave invitation, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA’s of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration.
• As certain configurations become unavailable due to demand, the configurator will be updated to remove the ordering capability of that configuration.​
  • For customers invited to submit a 22MY order who find that their desired configuration is unavailable, the customer can either elect to maintain their reservation for a subsequent model year, work with their dealer to modify their order for a different configuration or cancel their reservation for a full refund – again, at any time. (Note: Future model year pricing will be provided when available)
  • Dealers will receive the list of their reservation holders invited for that wave prior to invitations being sent for each wave.
• A dealer can look up any customer via the F-150 Lightning Reservation to Order Program site to confirm whether their customer has received an invitation within a specific wave.​
  • Once 22MY production capacity is met, all remaining reservation holders will be notified that their next ordering opportunity will be for a subsequent model year. Again, they will be reminded of the option to hold their reservation or cancel for a full refund at any time.
  • Fleet orders follow a separate process; fleet orders being submitted at order bank open do not have an impact on the retail customer waved invitations or dealer prioritization.

RETAIL CUSTOMER RESERVATION TO ORDER PROCESS
• F-150 Lightning will leverage both online & offline reservation to order conversion based on retail customer preference​
  • All retail customers will need an invitation to convert their reservation to order to place an order
  • ONLY orders that are converted (either online or offline) will be selected for production scheduling
    • Order Amendments should be made in WBDO
    • CONCEPS orders & amendments will not be accepted (will result in compatibility
      errors)
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for complete details

FLEET CUSTOMER ORDERING PROCESS
  • As part of the reveal of the F-150 Lightning, Ford has been collecting registration interest at http://www.fleet.ford.com from fleet hand raisers. Also, Dealers have been able to submit fleet registration interest on behalf of their customers through this same website.
  • Starting January 2022, the Fleet Order Bank will open for 22MY F-150 Lightning. At that time, notifications will be sent to fleet hand raisers via e-mail urging them to contact their preferred dealership to place their orders. In addition, please reach out to your interested fleet customers and submit their orders into the fleet order bank when ordering begins.
  • Once the order bank opens any registration interest should be converted to an order in CONCEPS or Fleet-WBDO. This would include fleet customers who have been working with your dealership and any fleet customer that directly contacts your dealership going forward.
  • Due to the overwhelming demand for the F-150 Lightning, not all fleet orders will be able to be produced as 22MY units. Please set expectations with your customers accordingly.
  • Entering an order into the fleet order bank does not guarantee that it will be produced as a 22MY.
  • F-150 Lightning. When it comes time to schedule fleet orders, additional criteria beyond when the order was placed into the order bank will be used to determine when the vehicle will be built.
  • Any non-fleet order types, or non-FIN code orders will not be scheduled, and dealers will risk losing retail allocation on F-150 Lightning if these types of orders are entered into the fleet order bank.

DEALER PRICING
Review your Dealer Pricing in Vehicle Locator Plus for 22MY F-150 Lightning
  • Access the Vehicle Locator Plus at https://www.vlplus.dealerconnection.com
  • Dealers will have three (3) options to price F-150 Lightning
    1. Default to MSRP if no pricing is set by dealer (No action required)
    2. Price all F-150’s at same level (Includes F-150 Lightning)
    3. Set specific F-150 Lightning pricing by:
      • â–Ş Select “F-150”
      • â–Ş Select “22MY”
      • â–Ş Select “W1E” Body Type
      • â–Ş Select & set pricing by F-150 Lightning PEP codes (Pro 110A, XLT 311A,
        XLT 312A, LARIAT 510A, LARIAT 511A, Platinum 710A)
      • â–Ş Select & set pricing by battery if desired (Standard-Range Battery,
        Extended-Range Battery)
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for further guidance
  • Contact Vehicle Locate Plus at [email protected] for assistance

1639063861833.png
Day one reservation holder. I've bought 6 new Fords in the last 10 years and Currently have a 2019 SuperCrew FX4 Eco, and a 2020 Exploder in the driveway. Screw me by prioritizing "preferred" customers over my reservation date too much and I'll replace the Explorer with a Model Y instead.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I think this needs to be restated and clarified. Your reservation number means NOTHING, only timestamp matters (and if you were given a priority slot).

People posting their Reservation numbers and trying to compare are comparing the wrong thing, compare the timestamp on your confirmation email for your reservation if you want to talk about something relevant.

Server differences, other vehicles being reserved, it's all over the place. My dealer said that my timestamp was closer to the opening of reservations than others with lower reservation numbers, I was originally in a better spot than those due to my timestamp.

I, personally, am not too worried as I was given a Priority Slot (without any ADM). I just see alot of people freaking out about reservation numbers when the timestamp and priority bumps are all that matters.

Sponsored

Viper GTS

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 M3P, 2005 GX470
Occupation
God
Just received the following from Chapman:

We first want to thank the 200 customers who were nice enough to reserve with us…we appreciate you!

We have been in communication with Ford and have some bad news & good news…

The Bad news:

Ford has taken over 200,000 reservations, but will only be producing around 10,000 Lightnings for 2022…

This situation is becoming very familiar to the Bronco fiasco Ford caused by changing their allocation formula to help large volume dealers…

Ford has allowed dealers to “prioritize’ up to 25 orders & ignore customer timestamped reservations…

Unfortunately, due to Pennsylvania not being a Zev state, Ford is limiting our allocation & not basing it on reservations…

Over 50% of the allocation will be delivered to dealers in the Zev states…

Allocation numbers have not been released to dealers, but out of 200 reservations, we suspect we will be getting less than 5 Lightnings for 2022…

The Good news:

We did not think prioritizing reservations was fair, so none of our orders, including mine or our employees, were prioritized…we are honoring the timestamps…

Even though it would make us sad, you still have time to transfer your reservation to a Zev state dealer – once you find a dealer & negotiate your pricing/ADM, contact the Ford CRC 800# (800-392-3673) to transfer…List of Zev states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington…

If you are patient, we will still be honoring 3% under invoice, plus tax/tags & $394 pa doc, on all 2022/2023 Lighting reservations with us…

Can’t wait for a Lightning?...we are offering 4% under invoice for F150/Super Duty & 5% under invoice for Ram 1500/Heavy Duty orders…

Tired of pumping gas?...we are offer 3% under MSRP for Mach E & 5% under invoice for Wrangler 4Xe, Grand Cherokee 4Xe, & Pacifica Hybrid orders…

Questions? Just reply all & we will help the best we can…thank you again for the opportunity.

Thomas Borah
Owner Operator
Chapman Chevrolet
Chapman Ford of Horsham
Chapman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
215-410-2210
chapmannewcars.com
chapmansellschevys.com

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Just got mine as well. I thought I was safe at 16… I might take a look at Maryland dealerships(any recs?) but I may just hold steady and hope the tax credit continues long enough.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I had to Google what a ZEV state was and that just sounds like total BS that those states will get preference. I'm in Texas and we aren't one of those either.

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Its rough to be spot number 5 at Chapman when they said they are only getting less than 5. I think I might cry. :cry:

Also what's up with Ford only producing 10,000 for 2022 I thought it was at least 15,000?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Also what's up with Ford only producing 10,000 for 2022 I thought it was at least 15,000?
Yah let's all hope thats wrong... Or maybe they aren't delivering until fall, so like 3k month.

10k is pretty pathetic if they start delivering in "spring". That's like 1k/month.

The top ev guy at ford said 15k rumor was wrong.... But never said which way :(

The priority system looks even worse with that number... The amount ford allotted for priority looks more than most dealers 2022 allotment

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
The over 50% to ZEV states is not surprising as over 50% of reservations were from those. Perhaps the 10,000 means the number of units going to non-ZEV states?

UPDATE:
I stand corrected. According to 10-15 Reservation List Chart the 12 ZEV States (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington) comprised about 38% on our list.

https://www.currentautomotive.com/what-is-a-zev-credit-and-how-does-tesla-make-money-with-them/

"What is a ZEV Credit and how does Tesla make money with them?"

"The 12 ZEV States mandate that a certain percentage of each manufacturer’s yearly sales must be made up of zero emissions vehicles, measured with ZEV Credits. There are a number of different clean vehicle technologies the regulation rewards, but the two most notable categories are Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs), which include battery electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles, and Transitional Zero Emission Vehicles (TZEVs), which includes plug-in hybrids."

"ZEV Credits are earned when manufacturers sell such vehicles in ZEV states. Counterintuitively, one sale does not equal one credit. Instead, ZEV Credits are awarded based on the type and range of the vehicle sold. ZEVs are worth more than TZEVs and long range vehicles are worth more than short range ones. This method ultimately encourages automakers to build long range electric vehicles over anything else, though short range EVs are useful if an automaker doesn’t have a long range EV platform."

In 2020 Tesla earned about $3,000 in credits for each car sold in CA.

This explains why Ford would want to shift as many sales as possible to ZEV states.

Still not fair to Reservists but 'Business Wise' for Ford.

Last edited:

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Yah let's all hope thats wrong... Or maybe they aren't delivering until fall, so like 3k month.

10k is pretty pathetic if they start delivering in "spring". That's like 1k/month.

The top ev guy at ford said 15k rumor was wrong.... But never said which way :(

The priority system looks even worse with that number... The amount ford allotted for priority looks more than most dealers 2022 allotment
Retail vs. Fleet? How many trucks are dedicated to Fleet?

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I was 84 on Chapman list and was willing to wait, but now I don’t think I’ll get one till gen 2 comes out. Ugh.

danane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ Cruiser, 1994 Jeep Wrangler
Is it even possible/sensible to move a reservation at this point?

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought someone said that dealers were supposed to submit their list of reservation holders/spot#s yesterday or something. I was under the impression that once those lists were submitted, that would solidify each person's spot in the ordering line. If a dealer already communicated to their reservation holders where they are in line and also submitted their ordering list to Ford, would they really go back and reorder the list to allow me to jump ahead of people now?

I'd totally love to jump from Chapman to a closer ZEV dealer, but not if it overrides my timestamp and puts me at the end of their line =(

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I stayed with my local dealer. I didn’t jump ship even when I was told I could save thousands of dollars. I still may not get a Lightning but at least I live in a ZEV state where my odds of getting one are a bit better. I truly hope Farley and company can find a way to build more trucks even if he has to build them in “Tents”. Good luck my fellow forum members, I hope all gets the truck they desire.
Sponsored

Last edited: