• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
Thank you for the post.

I've emailed my sales rep that i've been dealing with for last few months, left him a VM. in absence of a response i will pay him a visit and see if he can expedite.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Explain to me, computer savvy fellow posters: I just got the e-mail from Ford, and when I clicked the link at the end to get more info, it took me…..to this discussion??? Edit: explain to me also why I lack reading comprehension and thought that the email from this forum was from Ford……ooops! No wonder a mail from this forum would contain a link that takes me to……this forum.

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Guess it is time for me to grovel with my dealer. " Remember me, ya, your first MachE order, I know I bought elsewhere and refused delivery but hey, ya'll still got a sale. Can you move me up to one of your loyalty spots please."

Should go swimmingly.

Sponsored

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
The way I read this leaked message is that dealers will receive a few Lightnings meant for their 'buddies' but those will not affect the first-day reservation holders at all. The wording even says that the dealer's priority customers aren't guaranteed a truck.

This system is similar to Delta's buddy pass. If there's some excess, an employee's friends/family can ride along.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I mentioned before that this may become a bloodbath but not this early in the process.
Either way.....take a trip to your dealer and find out where you are in the list.
My dealer has 190 reservations already.
So.....if you are in the first 25 on the list.....let them know that you want to be on the first wave. Find a sales rep who can be comfortable with to handle your reservation folder and be included in that first wave. Show up and you will be noticed. Otherwise give them a call and talk to someone.
Good luck.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
And just got another Ford Lightning Email saying "A closer look at YOUR F150 Lightning".....lol

Mub

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Occupation
whatever I want
my 1/2 a cent...

Ford.. "we are plannning on building 15k for model year 2022 and 40k for model year 2023."
Ford .. "Oh WOW.. looks like there is actually real demarndfor this!"
Ford.. "Oh looks like we have 'like' 10 years orders stacked up"
Ford.. "Well we might be able to double production.."

That says that the 2022+2023 delivery volumes are ~110k

From the MachE experience reservation conversion rates are above 80%.
So for our 200k private buyers and (guess) 100k fleet buyers.
We have an expectation of 275k vechiles reserved.

With Gen15 coming in 2025 we can basically say that all Gen 14 lightenings are sold and some at the end of the queue will fall into Gen 15.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Wow, "Your place in line is reserved"... Unless your dealer doesn't want to, then your place in line isn't reserved. Thanks Ford. :cautious:

I'm hoping this in practice isn't going to be as bad as it first seems but ug...

Sponsored

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
Sorry this is my first post as I've just been lurking since I put in my preorder on announcement day. My brother is a sales manager for a local ford dealership here in Iowa.

He forwarded me this exact email he got direct from Ford to his work email. Luckily you know, brotherly love I'm in this select group of prioritized customers. I also preordered within minutes of the preorder going live, so I should have been number 1 or 2 at the dealership anyways.

If anyone has a low reservation number and wants a dealership that only has 20 Lightning reservations, hit me up. Maybe he can sneak you into the top 5.

Canthoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, and 2021 Toyota Sienna
My dealer in KC told me they are giving their business clients prioritization who purchase 25 or 30 vehicles a year priority, and would only be bumping up 2 to 3 customers to the top of the list.

Supposedly they are getting 25 allocated. He said after those clients then it would go in order of reservation date. I have no idea where I fall on the list, but I don’t have a good feeling about this. It doesn’t seem fair because I ordered within the first hour of the first day.

Also told me they’re only going to be building about 18,000 Lightnings for the first year, and there will be a delay from Spring. Take that with a grain of salt though

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My dealer in KC told me they are giving their business clients prioritization who purchase 25 or 30 vehicles a year priority, and would only be bumping up 2 to 3 customers to the top of the list.

Supposedly they are getting 25 allocated. He said after those clients then it would go in order of reservation date. I have no idea where I fall on the list, but I don’t have a good feeling about this. It doesn’t seem fair because I ordered within the first hour of the first day.

Also told me they’re only going to be building about 18,000 Lightnings for the first year, and there will be a delay from Spring. Take that with a grain of salt though
Which makes sense. Dealers will prioritize people who are going to pay Market Adjustment. They will receive their Lightnings Spring 2022 and the rest of us will wait for deliveries until September 2022. That being said, I am sure the Prioritization will continue in order to make more money.

Canthoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, and 2021 Toyota Sienna
Which makes sense. Dealers will prioritize people who are going to pay Market Adjustment. They will receive their Lightnings Spring 2022 and the rest of us will wait for deliveries until September 2022. That being said, I am sure the Prioritization will continue in order to make more money.
I mean it makes sense definitely from a dealer perspective. I just wish we had the option to buy directly from Ford to avoid those kinds of games. Oh well
Sponsored