• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Ford F-150 Lightning ? Official Info: F-150 Lightning Reservations to Order Conversion & Invitation Process. Dealer Pricing Options 2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-1
Ford F-150 Lightning ? Official Info: F-150 Lightning Reservations to Order Conversion & Invitation Process. Dealer Pricing Options 2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-2
Ford F-150 Lightning ? Official Info: F-150 Lightning Reservations to Order Conversion & Invitation Process. Dealer Pricing Options 2022-lightning-f150-order-banks-preparation-3

TEXT SEARCHABLE VERSION BELOW [SAME INFO AS ABOVE]

RETAIL CUSTOMER DEALER PRIORITIZATION PROCESS

• Each dealer will have the ability to prioritize a small number of loyal customers who are reservation holders.
  • Dealers should utilize https://cni.dealerconnection.com between December 8th to 17th in order to complete the prioritization process.
    • Deadline: Friday, December 17th at 11:59:59 PM Eastern (No exceptions)
    • Number of customer prioritizations allowed is based on reservation volume at each
      specific dealership as of December 1st
    • Dealers with <50 Reservations = 5 prioritizations available, 50-100 Reservations = 10
      prioritizations available, & >100 Reservations = 25 prioritizations available
  • Prioritization does not guarantee allocation. Dealer prioritization will be an input to
    determine invitations to convert to an order, it is not correlated to vehicle scheduling timing or
    amount of allocation at each dealership.
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for step-by-step guide on
    how to prioritize select reservation holders.

RETAIL CUSTOMER WAVE INVITATION OVERVIEW
  • Ford is implementing a unique retail “reservation to order” process for F-150 Lightning to help efficiently convert existing reservations to orders. Our goal is to communicate information when available to help customers make informed decisions.
  • Prior to order bank opening, all reservation holders will receive an email confirming their reservation, outlining the wave order process to begin in January 2022 and explaining that due to high demand, not all reservation holders will be receiving a 22MY invitation.
  • At various stages in the process, reservation holders will be given the option to maintain their reservation for future model years. Regardless, reservations may be cancelled at any time with a full refund.
  • Ford will begin inviting reservation holders to place orders in waves starting at order bank open in January 2022. Subsequent waves will receive an invitation in approximate two-week intervals until 22MY production capacity is fulfilled.
  • Customer wave invitations will be based on a number of factors including reservation timing, Dealer estimated allocation & Dealer prioritization.
  • Prior to each wave invitation, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA’s of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration.
• As certain configurations become unavailable due to demand, the configurator will be updated to remove the ordering capability of that configuration.​
  • For customers invited to submit a 22MY order who find that their desired configuration is unavailable, the customer can either elect to maintain their reservation for a subsequent model year, work with their dealer to modify their order for a different configuration or cancel their reservation for a full refund – again, at any time. (Note: Future model year pricing will be provided when available)
  • Dealers will receive the list of their reservation holders invited for that wave prior to invitations being sent for each wave.
• A dealer can look up any customer via the F-150 Lightning Reservation to Order Program site to confirm whether their customer has received an invitation within a specific wave.​
  • Once 22MY production capacity is met, all remaining reservation holders will be notified that their next ordering opportunity will be for a subsequent model year. Again, they will be reminded of the option to hold their reservation or cancel for a full refund at any time.
  • Fleet orders follow a separate process; fleet orders being submitted at order bank open do not have an impact on the retail customer waved invitations or dealer prioritization.

RETAIL CUSTOMER RESERVATION TO ORDER PROCESS
• F-150 Lightning will leverage both online & offline reservation to order conversion based on retail customer preference​
  • All retail customers will need an invitation to convert their reservation to order to place an order
  • ONLY orders that are converted (either online or offline) will be selected for production scheduling
    • Order Amendments should be made in WBDO
    • CONCEPS orders & amendments will not be accepted (will result in compatibility
      errors)
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for complete details

FLEET CUSTOMER ORDERING PROCESS
  • As part of the reveal of the F-150 Lightning, Ford has been collecting registration interest at http://www.fleet.ford.com from fleet hand raisers. Also, Dealers have been able to submit fleet registration interest on behalf of their customers through this same website.
  • Starting January 2022, the Fleet Order Bank will open for 22MY F-150 Lightning. At that time, notifications will be sent to fleet hand raisers via e-mail urging them to contact their preferred dealership to place their orders. In addition, please reach out to your interested fleet customers and submit their orders into the fleet order bank when ordering begins.
  • Once the order bank opens any registration interest should be converted to an order in CONCEPS or Fleet-WBDO. This would include fleet customers who have been working with your dealership and any fleet customer that directly contacts your dealership going forward.
  • Due to the overwhelming demand for the F-150 Lightning, not all fleet orders will be able to be produced as 22MY units. Please set expectations with your customers accordingly.
  • Entering an order into the fleet order bank does not guarantee that it will be produced as a 22MY.
  • F-150 Lightning. When it comes time to schedule fleet orders, additional criteria beyond when the order was placed into the order bank will be used to determine when the vehicle will be built.
  • Any non-fleet order types, or non-FIN code orders will not be scheduled, and dealers will risk losing retail allocation on F-150 Lightning if these types of orders are entered into the fleet order bank.

DEALER PRICING
Review your Dealer Pricing in Vehicle Locator Plus for 22MY F-150 Lightning
  • Access the Vehicle Locator Plus at https://www.vlplus.dealerconnection.com
  • Dealers will have three (3) options to price F-150 Lightning
    1. Default to MSRP if no pricing is set by dealer (No action required)
    2. Price all F-150’s at same level (Includes F-150 Lightning)
    3. Set specific F-150 Lightning pricing by:
      • â–Ş Select “F-150”
      • â–Ş Select “22MY”
      • â–Ş Select “W1E” Body Type
      • â–Ş Select & set pricing by F-150 Lightning PEP codes (Pro 110A, XLT 311A,
        XLT 312A, LARIAT 510A, LARIAT 511A, Platinum 710A)
      • â–Ş Select & set pricing by battery if desired (Standard-Range Battery,
        Extended-Range Battery)
  • See F-150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook for further guidance
  • Contact Vehicle Locate Plus at [email protected] for assistance

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Official Info: F-150 Lightning Reservations to Order Conversion & Invitation Process. Dealer Pricing Options 1639063861833
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Basically some of us are screwed on getting any order in 2022, unless you are buddy buddy with your custom order person or dealer. This is already a disaster according to that memo.

Or am I not comprehending what is written?

My understanding is your reservation stamp means little unless you are prioritized by the dealer with someone else who has a later timestamp. For example, people switching dealers from their original dealer might be put at the back of the line regardless of your reservation date and timestamp.

The only way to see Build and Price is with an invitation? I'm confused.

Good Luck everyone. Looks like I might be in for a 2024 the way this is going.

Last edited:

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Basically some of us are screwed on getting any order in 2022, unless you are buddy buddy with your custom order person or dealer. This is already a disaster according to that memo.

My understanding is your reservation stamp means little unless you are prioritized by the dealer with someone else who has a later timestamp. For example, people switching dealers from their original dealer might be put at the back of the line regardless of your reservation date and timestamp.

Yeah it sounds like they are prioritizing prior customers who get to skip the line. That is very annoying to those first time buyers, but I can see why they would do it. I know my dealership has over 150 reservations and therefore can use 25 line skips.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly

Tme to send a Christmas card to your dealer with a $100 bill tucked inside.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yeah it sounds like they are prioritizing prior customers who get to skip the line. That is very annoying to those first time buyers, but I can see why they would do it. I know my dealership has over 150 reservations and therefore can use 25 line skips.
Same here, according to them they have 160 Reservations also. But I guess my question is, what is stopping them from moving 25 orders up from customers who are on the fence, making sure they don't take delivery and then offering one to those of us who want it with a Markup. Not saying all dealers will do this, but this seems even worse than the Mach-E.

I can hear a dealer now: "We can prioritize you to get one of the first but it will have a markup and dealer add ons, these are in hot demand. Or you can wait, but there is no guarantee you get one this year or next"

WTF

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Looks like getting into the priority (loyal customer) reservation list, completely controlled by your dealer, is going to be a big item for being able to get one next year (for sure at least, it says that's just the first wave for the year).

Debating about sending this to my sales guy and asking if I'll make the cut.

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
I’m going to be that guy and say this isn’t official because it’s a leak. It was sent to dealers, not the public.

Hopefully people don’t get too worked up when this “official” info changes many more times over the next few months, but I imagine they will anyway.

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
I’m going to be that guy and say this isn’t official because it’s a leak. It was sent to dealers, not the public.

Hopefully people don’t get too worked up when this “official” info changes many more times over the next few months, but I imagine they will anyway.
Sorry to say but that's just wishful thinking. This is as official as it gets.

Ford never announces these kinds of details/logistics to the public or to reservation/order holders. Customers only find out about this type of info from dealers (if ever) and from sites like this. And dealers get their rules/info directly via these bulletins sent from Ford HQ.

Once announced, these rules almost never change. *See the public outcry over the ridiculous Bronco ordering and allocation fiasco and how Ford still didn't change their policies.

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
It's amazing how this memo comes out and my dealer claims none of it is true. I reached out to them complaining about the customer prioritization portion and they said that's not happening. They indicated I'm literally the first on the their list of multiple hundred and I'd be the first one to pace the order. We'll see what happens in January.

Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Im so happy i cancelled my Lighting reservation early in the summer. I was reading above text just for kicks - what a f mess. I feel bad for all the reservation holders who actually want this vehicle, you’re in for a lot of frustration, dealer speculation, price gouging and whatever else will come with this experience.

Ford had a chance here to simplify the buying process via first come first serve methodology and all they did here was create a mess for themselves and their customers.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Sorry to say but that's just wishful thinking. This is as official as it gets.

Ford never announces these kinds of details/logistics to the public or to reservation/order holders. Customers only find out about this type of info from dealers (if ever) and from sites like this. And dealers get their rules/info directly via these bulletins sent from Ford HQ.

Once announced, these rules almost never change. *See the public outcry over the ridiculous Bronco ordering and allocation fiasco and how Ford still didn't change their policies.
I understand all the confusion, discontent, and anger folks will have after reading this leaked memo from Ford to the dealers. Those emotions will get us nowhere.

The way forward is that NOW we know the rules of this game and we can play it with a better plan.

Obviously, the dealers hold all the cards, as they always have, and we always knew.

My dealer is small so he will have 5 picks to move up from the reservation holders he has listed. I plan to do everything I can to call him and become obnoxious. I am a real reliable buyer, I have the money, I will take his finance plan (which he will make money from), I plan to tell everyone how great his dealership is, and it will be an easy deal. But if he thinks I am an easy mark for easy markups he should know I can afford to wait and in the meantime tell all my friends to shop elsewhere.

The point is, don't let your emotions take over your head. Use the new knowledge to your benefit.

Just my thoughts.

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda C5, Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
RN
It's amazing how this memo comes out and my dealer claims none of it is true. I reached out to them complaining about the customer prioritization portion and they said that's not happening. They indicated I'm literally the first on the their list of multiple hundred and I'd be the first one to pace the order. We'll see what happens in January.
There's nothing to stop your dealer from prioritizing strictly in order of when reservations were received. Sounds like that's what your dealer will do.

Ford4Life2319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Honestly now that we have the details it was smarter to go with a small dealership that maybe only had 50. If you were the first, second, or third on this list the worst you are doing is #6, #7, #8 even if you aren't put on "Loyalty List".

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Tme to send a Christmas card to your dealer with a $100 bill tucked inside.
There were rumors of something like this when I picked up my Mach E GT earlier in the Fall so I played ball with the dealership. They gave me MSRP and x-plan and I took their financing even though I found lower loan rates on my own. The price difference to me is a couple hundred bucks but the dealership probably made out with more. Hopefully this helps me out now....that and having bought a couple other cars from the dealership group.
Sponsored