• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There were rumors of something like this when I picked up my Mach E GT earlier in the Fall so I played ball with the dealership. They gave me MSRP and x-plan and I took their financing even though I found lower loan rates on my own. The price difference to me is a couple hundred bucks but the dealership probably made out with more. Hopefully this helps me out now....that and having bought a couple other cars from the dealership group.
I mean taking the dealer loan is not always a bad thing, you can always refinance after one payment. But I personally do see big issues ahead with this prioritizing, especially for those who switched dealers like myself.
Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
I understand all the confusion, discontent, and anger folks will have after reading this leaked memo from Ford to the dealers. Those emotions will get us nowhere.

The way forward is that NOW we know the rules of this game and we can play it with a better plan.

Obviously, the dealers hold all the cards, as they always have, and we always knew.

My dealer is small so he will have 5 picks to move up from the reservation holders he has listed. I plan to do everything I can to call him and become obnoxious. I am a real reliable buyer, I have the money, I will take his finance plan (which he will make money from), I plan to tell everyone how great his dealership is, and it will be an easy deal. But if he thinks I am an easy mark for easy markups he should know I can afford to wait and in the meantime tell all my friends to shop elsewhere.

The point is, don't let your emotions take over your head. Use the new knowledge to your benefit.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck following your plan in this corrupt antiquated dealer based system. I wonder how you will feel when after all your efforts the dealer will pick 5 who’s reservation numbers were all after yours. What options will you be left with to continue playing your game?

As i said above Ford really f it up by not honoring a true FIRST COME FIRST SERVE system that they were promising earlier for lighting. And sadly you are the casualty of their poor and antiquated dealer system.

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
Sorry to say but that's just wishful thinking. This is as official as it gets.

Ford never announces these kinds of details/logistics to the public or to reservation/order holders. Customers only find out about this type of info from dealers (if ever) and from sites like this. And dealers get their rules/info directly via these bulletins sent from Ford HQ.

Once announced, these rules almost never change. *See the public outcry over the ridiculous Bronco ordering and allocation fiasco and how Ford still didn't change their policies.
Anyway it’s not “official” from our perspective but I admit that’s splitting hairs. Official public announcements are those directly released to the public, for example when ordering opened. Or when they said that we would be able to order in Fall 2021 which is apparently no longer the case.

There is no wishful thinking on my part. Ordering is delayed. My point is that people shouldn’t get upset when this information keeps changing in the future. That’s all. But they will. I’m being quite the realist here, lol.

KDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
This solidifies me from giving back my lease for my 2021 f150 Lariat. I'd rather purchase it outright, sell it when timing is appropriate, and order a F150 L when I can garantee an order/arrival. And by then I would be a gen 2 on the lightning I suppose.

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
I mean taking the dealer loan is not always a bad thing, you can always refinance after one payment. But I personally do see big issues ahead with this prioritizing, especially for those who switched dealers like myself.
If I wa
I understand all the confusion, discontent, and anger folks will have after reading this leaked memo from Ford to the dealers. Those emotions will get us nowhere.

The way forward is that NOW we know the rules of this game and we can play it with a better plan.

Obviously, the dealers hold all the cards, as they always have, and we always knew.

My dealer is small so he will have 5 picks to move up from the reservation holders he has listed. I plan to do everything I can to call him and become obnoxious. I am a real reliable buyer, I have the money, I will take his finance plan (which he will make money from), I plan to tell everyone how great his dealership is, and it will be an easy deal. But if he thinks I am an easy mark for easy markups he should know I can afford to wait and in the meantime tell all my friends to shop elsewhere.

The point is, don't let your emotions take over your head. Use the new knowledge to your benefit.

Just my thoughts.
If I was a dealer I wouldn't prioritize reliable buyers who will stick with their orders. I think more money can be made with cancelled orders that can be market adjusted. That's what we are seeing with the Mach Es.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If I was a dealer I wouldn't prioritize reliable buyers who will stick with their orders. I think more money can be made with cancelled orders that can be market adjusted. That's what we are seeing with the Mach Es.
Exactly

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
I'm still waiting for a vin number for my power boost platinum i ordered in AUG

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hmmmmm So up here in Canada they are still taking the $100.00 reservations. I just tried it. Not sure what that means.

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Hybrid Lariat 502A
I guess the pricing on this could be it.

Select & set pricing by F-150 Lightning PEP codes (Pro 110A, XLT 311A,
XLT 312A, LARIAT 510A, LARIAT 511A, Platinum 710A)

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Official Info: F-150 Lightning Reservations to Order Conversion & Invitation Process. Dealer Pricing Options 1639071240627

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Is the pricing accessible for retail customers? Or only for the ford dealerships?
There is no pricing yet. Anything you see right now is based off an online Focus Group

Sponsored

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Ford F-150 Lightning ? Official Info: F-150 Lightning Reservations to Order Conversion & Invitation Process. Dealer Pricing Options 89B00180-4A0F-47B6-AF77-15C195614CAE

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Official Info: F-150 Lightning Reservations to Order Conversion & Invitation Process. Dealer Pricing Options 8F2388AA-C3BE-4611-9959-2D744F46D5FC

Jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, 2019 Fusion Energi, 2016 Escape
There are so many unknowns compared to when I ordered my Mustang Mach E. I have really been on the fence with this order, and if all the above is true, I may wait for a later model year with my reservation - maybe then they will allow the X plan, or have better financing.

robot

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning owner
Occupation
Technology
Your dealership is about to poke you with a sword as it makes you walk the plank. Use that knowledge to your benefit!

BrownHornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
12' Roush Mustang
Occupation
IT
I really want to buy a truck next year. With the "I'm buddies with the dealer" clause I doubt I'll be able to convert my reservation. My chosen dealer says I'm 6th on their list. I'd say it is safe to assume that at least one of the reservations above me won't convert. But with the priority list I'm sure somebody will get bumped ahead of me.

I'll just wait until January and see what happens. I may end up buying a used ICE and carrying my reservation over to the next model year.

robot

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning owner
Occupation
Technology
Dealers will have three (3) options to price F-150 Lightning
  1. ...
  2. ...
  3. Set specific F-150 Lightning pricing by:
There it is... so much for the rumors that Ford would mandate MSRP pricing.
Sponsored