• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Your comment about heated seats is exactly why the XLT+ or Lariat is the absolute minimum if you live where it gets really cold. The heat in my Mach E when the weather is sub freezing decimates the battery.
I’ll be adding aftermarket heated seats on my Pro.
Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Didn't know you can do that. Is it just covers?
The better way to do it is to remove the factory covers and install the heaters under them on top of the foams. Most upholstery shops would probably do the install for a couple hundred bucks. This is an example of an upper end brand at $100 each, but there are plenty of choices on Amazon for $50 or less. I checked the current draw, looks to be 4.5 amps of 12V, so shouldn't have too much impact on range.

Name brand:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/...P7JIv7bK4ZS2egwnCarjyrfB9mVG_nkAaAmVMEALw_wcB

Cheaper ones:
https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-628-0...ocphy=9002114&hvtargid=pla-434309108390&psc=1

https://www.mactops.com/macs-auto-seat-heaters.php

DiyR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 XLT PB FX4, '21 Mustang Mach-E
[/QUOTE]
Great! I wish you luck. Let us know how it goes. I'm still a long ways off, but I just sent an email to my dealer to make sure they are still abiding by their non binding agreement to sell at MSRP.
I got confirmation from my dealer that they're (non-binding) agreeing to sell at MSRP. Btw, I'm also in Wave 1 - I reserved 3 hrs after reservations opened.

They're also wanting me to do an offline order. I read thru the playbook and not sure if that it's worth it vs online ordering - i.e. can I change options ahead of order scheduling with the dealer that I couldn't otherwise? I changed my Mach-E order to get additional MA benefits with the dealer after ordering (EVs under $50K get a $2500 rebate). I think they used additional allocation so it was a win-win for them because they got an extra Mach-E, I even still received the updates on the original order.

Does anyone know if after hitting "continue order" if I'm committed to online vs. offline ordering?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed

I got confirmation from my dealer that they're (non-binding) agreeing to sell at MSRP. Btw, I'm also in Wave 1 - I reserved 3 hrs after reservations opened.

They're also wanting me to do an offline order. I read thru the playbook and not sure if that it's worth it vs online ordering - i.e. can I change options ahead of order scheduling with the dealer that I couldn't otherwise? I changed my Mach-E order to get additional MA benefits with the dealer after ordering (EVs under $50K get a $2500 rebate). I think they used additional allocation so it was a win-win for them because they got an extra Mach-E, I even still received the updates on the original order.

Does anyone know if after hitting "continue order" if I'm committed to online vs. offline ordering?
[/QUOTE]

I did everything online to make sure it was all locked in online and they couldn't sweet talk me into upgrades at the dealership. I don't think you are done online until you submit your deposit. When i ordered mine online, i made sure that the "difference from msrp" line was $0. That's where people on here claim it shows if dealers had added ADM. Once i finished online, i immediately called dealer to confirm he see's my completed order and deposit on his end. When they say yes, tell them to hurry and accept because you want to lock in your model before its gone. Once they accept, your order will be sent to ford. If they say you still have to come in to do paperwork, its true. But if your "difference from msrp shows $0", rush them to accept the order. The final process is just to go into the dealer, review what you ordered and sign your paperwork in person to make sure you are who you say you are online. All the negotiating is pretty much done because ur price is submitted online to ford.

Now, if your "difference from msrp shows $5,000, then don't finalize order online until you get answers from dealer why its not $0.

Just remember, since you are in wave 1, you are almost guaranteed to get one this year. So if u wanna risk it and get on the bottom of someone else's list, not get it til late 2023 or 2024, and potentially miss out on EV tax incentives, then that's your call.

I personally, never got a straight answer about ADM or msrp from my dealer until after i completed my online order and went in to see them. They were kind enough that since i was their first order, they wouldn't charge me a markup. If your dealer tries to, you can always bring up the ford memo warning dealers for price gauging and allotment. Good Luck!

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER

[/QUOTE]
I did this offline/in-dealer so I can't give the best info but I am pretty sure until you put your deposit in online.. you can still switch and order at the dealer.

If you're interested in ordering offline I cover how it went for myself here (and a few others have chimed in about their experience as well in the thread):

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/lightning-in-person-at-dealer-order-process.7972/

Deleted member 9341

Did anyone else randomly receive a Ford Credit pre-approval email right before they got an email to convert their reservation to an order? I just got one out of the blue. Have never owned anything from Ford before but I have an early reservation.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Did anyone else randomly receive a Ford Credit pre-approval email right before they got an email to convert their reservation to an order? I just got one out of the blue. Have never owned anything from Ford before but I have an early reservation.
Just received one as well, which is odd. This is like the link we saw on Ford sometime ago, but now in email form.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
Just received the email as well. Matches what showed up in the link on my reservation last week. No order button on my reservation. Hoping it’s happening soon.

Deleted member 9341

Just received one as well, which is odd. This is like the link we saw on Ford sometime ago, but now in email form.
For me it was $110,000 pre-approval which is prob no coincidence that it covers the price of a Platinum. Try to get you to buy the big boy in advance of placing order. Interesting approach if they actually do that. But I’ll bet the reservation to order email will come a week from now in wave 2.

Sponsored

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
For me it was $110,000 pre-approval which is prob no coincidence that it covers the price of a Platinum. Try to get you to buy the big boy in advance of placing order. Interesting approach if they actually do that. But I’ll bet the reservation to order email will come a week from now in wave 2.
Got the same email with the same $110,000 pre-approval amount. Come on, Wave 2!

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
Same email anyone place a late reservation get the pre approval email? Wondering if it is for the next wave or people who reserved the first day or two? Or Ford just blasted everyone lol

ParkerM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F550, 2013 Xterra Pro-4X
Same email anyone place a late reservation get the pre approval email? Wondering if it is for the next wave or people who reserved the first day or two? Or Ford just blasted everyone lol
My reservation went in late on day 2. I also got the promo email, for 87k. I can’t imagine I’ll get an invite anytime soon.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
Dear .......,
Congratulations on ordering your all‑new F-150 LIGHTNING PRO, today Jan 6,2022!​
ORDER ID
10844482​
Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022 F-150 LIGHTNING PRO, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:​
  • Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.
Sponsored