• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
We ordered it on the web just now (waiting for dealer to accept, their Internet is down). The dealer committed to selling at MSRP with no required add-ons, markups or fees other than a $250 admin fee. They also said we are in the first wave (I believe the 1st order at this dealer).

Has anyone else noticed the that your website order shows a ā€œDealer Selling Priceā€ $5,000 above the MSRP? Our dealer says this wonā€™t be charged. It lists:
Total MSRP $xx,xxx
Difference from Total MSRP $5,000
Dealer selling price $yy,yyy

where $yy,yyyy is $xx,xxx + $5,000

The foot note says:
Difference from Total MSRP: The amount shown is the difference between Total MSRP and Dealer Selling Price excluding Dealer Installed Options.

The FAQ says:
The Dealerā€™s final selling price may be subject to change ā€“ that is between you and the Dealer and will be reflected in your Purchase Agreement. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fees, government fees and taxes,
trade-in, finance charges, dealer processing charge, electronic filing charge, and emission testing charges. Optional equipment is also not included.
Other screen shots show the MSRP and dealer price matching. That sounds like an ADM
Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Iā€™m mid 18,000ā€™s in reservation line..got text from ford at 5:23 Central time that my lighting is ready to order. Instantly went online, put thru my order and paid my $500 deposit. Called dealer, they said that ordering to available yet. I told them they are wrong and to check their system. He was shocked that my order was ready for him to accept on his end. So he pushed it thru on his end. Was able to get Pro in carbonized gray metallic. Order stated that should be delivered in 20 weeks! Hell ya. Hope you all get the text today too.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Talked with my dealer today. They told me I could come in and order on Thursday. I mentioned Ford waves and email. She said I didn't need an email and could definitely come in Thursday.

I am not sure I buy this...but we will see. I didn't reserve until May 21 so am not expecting to be in MY22 group...
Maybe they are bumping some people that dont want to pay ACM
I realize some of you will buy Platinum just for the premium options. But when I configure a Lariat + Extended Battery w/Tow Tech ($79,169) and then a Platinum ($92,569), I don't see much value for the additional $13,400? Rear Heated Seats, Sound Upgrade, Wheel Upgrade, Premium Interior, Active Motion Front Seats, Max Tow -- Am I missing something? All these options are a few hundred dollars each, where's the other $7k-$9k in added value?
I think that is true for pro to XLT and XLT to Lariat.

TomLVNV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota 4Runner
We ordered it on the web just now (waiting for dealer to accept, their Internet is down). The dealer committed to selling at MSRP with no required add-ons, markups or fees other than a $250 admin fee. They also said we are in the first wave (I believe the 1st order at this dealer).

Has anyone else noticed the that your website order shows a ā€œDealer Selling Priceā€ $5,000 above the MSRP? Our dealer says this wonā€™t be charged. It lists:
Total MSRP $xx,xxx

The foot note says:
Difference from Total MSRP: The amount shown is the difference between Total MSRP and Dealer Selling Price excluding Dealer Installed Options.

The FAQ says:
The Dealerā€™s final selling price may be subject to change ā€“ that is between you and the Dealer and will be reflected in your Purchase Agreement. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fees, government fees and taxes,
trade-in, finance charges, dealer processing charge, electronic filing charge, and emission testing charges. Optional equipment is also not included.
I haven't received an invitation to order yet, but i am curious if you had to sign a Purchase Agreement with the price locked in? I am guessing you would have to go down to dealership to do that or they will email you the forms?
Gonna head down to the dealership to check an ICE F150 soon and see if the wife can park it, she can barely park our minivan LOL.

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord

Total MSRP $xx,xxx

The foot note says:

The FAQ says:
I'm not sure I understand your post clearly, but!! If your agreement is showing a $5000 mark up and the dealer is "verbally" saying he won't charge you what he put into your agreement. I'd bet he's charging you a $5000 mark up. Tell the dealer change the final price to a $5000 below MSRP, but tell the dealer you'll still pay him MSRP. See if he does it. LOL! I'd get that fixed.
I'm betting I'm not the only one here who would like to know what dealership you're dealing with?

Sponsored

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
I haven't received an invitation to order yet, but i am curious if you had to sign a Purchase Agreement with the price locked in? I am guessing you would have to go down to dealership to do that or they will email you the forms?
Gonna head down to the dealership to check an ICE F150 soon and see if the wife can park it, she can barely park our minivan LOL.
Not yet. Their Internet was down yesterday. They said they will get that too us today. I will post the result.

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
I'm not sure I understand your post clearly, but!! If your agreement is showing a $5000 mark up and the dealer is "verbally" saying he won't charge you what he put into your agreement. I'd bet he's charging you a $5000 mark up. Tell the dealer change the final price to a $5000 below MSRP, but tell the dealer you'll still pay him MSRP. See if he does it. LOL! I'd get that fixed.
I'm betting I'm not the only one here who would like to know what dealership you're dealing with?
Once we have a purchase agreement signed, I will post more. They are saying the right things so far. This is a pretty rural Midwest dealer.

vardelda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon9
Occupation
Gemini
vardelda said:
I realize some of you will buy Platinum just for the premium options. But when I configure a Lariat + Extended Battery w/Tow Tech ($79,169) and then a Platinum ($92,569), I don't see much value for the additional $13,400? Rear Heated Seats, Sound Upgrade, Wheel Upgrade, Premium Interior, Active Motion Front Seats, Max Tow -- Am I missing something? All these options are a few hundred dollars each, where's the other $7k-$9k in added value?
I think that is true for pro to XLT and XLT to Lariat.
I can justify most of the early jumps based on the adds (although $20k for XLT to XLT+ is hard to swallow). There's real value (to me at least) in the options added at all the lower price points. The Lariat+ to Platinum is where it falls apart. That upgrade is basically sound, seats, and "don't it look pretty!?". Ignoring budget, I view Lariat+ as the sweet spot for a Lightning order. I really want the fully reclining seats, but ain't willing to pay $13k to get that + nicer speakers to lull me to sleep.

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
Once we have a purchase agreement signed, I will post more. They are saying the right things so far. This is a pretty rural Midwest dealer.
Great! I wish you luck. Let us know how it goes. I'm still a long ways off, but I just sent an email to my dealer to make sure they are still abiding by their non binding agreement to sell at MSRP.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWd
Occupation
Finance Manager
BREAKING: Official F-150 Lightning info released to Ford dealers today.

2022 Lightning Pricing:

2022-f150-lightning-pricing-all-trims.jpg

This screenshot is from the Official 2022MY F-150 Lightning Order Bank Playbook (released today by Ford and linked below).

2022 F-150 Lightning pricing:
  • Lightning PRO - $39,974 MSRP
  • Lightning XLT - $52,974 MSRP
  • Lightning LARIAT - $67,474 MSRP
  • Lightning PLATINUM - $90,874 MSRP

Ordering Timeline:
  • 1/4 - Build & Price will go live on Ford.com. Order guide and Price List will also be released.
  • 1/5 - Fleet orders begin (separate allocation from Retail)
  • 1/6 - Retail orders begin (Wave 1). Subsequent waves will be spaced approximately two weeks apart.
  • 3/31 - Lightning ordering deadline (date to convert reservation to order)
  • Summer 2022 - 2023MY Lightning ordering begins with same invitation process as 2022MY.

Order Bank Opening Playbook:

[PDF DOWNLOAD]

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-2.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-3.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-4.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-5.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-6.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-7.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-8.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-9.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-10.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-11.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-12.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-13.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-14.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-15.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-16.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-17.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-18.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-19.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-20.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-21.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-22.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-23.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-24.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-25.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-26.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-27.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-28.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-29.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-30.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-31.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-32.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-33.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-34.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-35.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-36.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-37.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-38.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-39.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-40.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-41.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-42.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-43.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-44.jpg

2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-45.jpg
Looks like not X Plan on Lighting according to these slides. Only AXD Plan.....

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Price isn't locked in until the delivery time. For example, MME got a $3K reduction in most prices after order conversion and before first deliveries.I seriously doubt we'll see price reduction on Lightning, but an increase is not out of the question.

Deleted member 9341

I'm wondering the same thing. Sure, more range is better. But at what cost? That's what I'm struggling with now. 70 miles more range for $10K ? I'm really starting to wonder. It may even cost you $20K depending what model you're looking at. Now I'm starting to consider the XLT with the standard battery. I wasn't before, but I'm considering it now.
If, like most people, you drive less than 100 miles a day and can easily charge at home, then save the money. You likely donā€™t need the bigger battery. Even less of an issue if you still have a traditional vehicle for long trips. Iā€™m on my 3rd electric car already and you quickly realize that range anxiety is overblown and you drive a lot less than you think you do each day. My daily commute was about 25 miles each wayā€¦mostly in traffic on the 405 in Los Ɓngeles. Using the AC wasnā€™t a particularly big power suck either, but heat can be. Heated seats are great though as they donā€™t draw nearly as much power as heating entire vehicle, so I do recommend that to folks in cold climates.

Azbittel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If, like most people, you drive less than 100 miles a day and can easily charge at home, then save the money. You likely donā€™t need the bigger battery. Even less of an issue if you still have a traditional vehicle for long trips. Iā€™m on my 3rd electric car already and you quickly realize that range anxiety is overblown and you drive a lot less than you think you do each day. My daily commute was about 25 miles each wayā€¦mostly in traffic on the 405 in Los Ɓngeles. Using the AC wasnā€™t a particularly big power suck either, but heat can be. Heated seats are great though as they donā€™t draw nearly as much power as heating entire vehicle, so I do recommend that to folks in cold climates.
Your comment about heated seats is exactly why the XLT+ or Lariat is the absolute minimum if you live where it gets really cold. The heat in my Mach E when the weather is sub freezing decimates the battery.

Deleted member 9341

Your comment about heated seats is exactly why the XLT+ or Lariat is the absolute minimum if you live where it gets really cold. The heat in my Mach E when the weather is sub freezing decimates the battery.
If you drive quite a bit I agree. I live in upstate NY now where itā€™s cold and I still have no issue with range on a daily basis but I never drive more than 50 miles a day. For me the Pro will be more than sufficient. I would add that I have electric BMWs and I can only speak for them. Havenā€™t had another brand to compare to. I also have a Level 2 ChargePoint charger at home so Iā€™m always fully charged each morning with no problem. If you canā€™t fully charge at home each day youā€™re more likely to have issues for sure in the winter. Pre heating the car while itā€™s still plugged in each morning is also a HUGE help as youā€™re using home energy to make heat as opposed to the battery. Or at least thatā€™s been my experience over past 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 9341

I hear ya - I wonder how good ford motor's financing incentives will be to maybe make up some of that loss. When I financed my last car w/ them I got a 1.9 rate for 72.. compared to a 3% credit union rate over 6 years that will almost save you 1000 bux a year .. but that's just speculation and doesn't take into account any downpayment, etc. Bottom line, early adapting is hard for sure.
I probably would expect no incentives at all. And interest rates are going up at the same time these are rolling out. By the time of delivery I would assume higher rates than you see today. The payment estimator seems to default to 5% so I think itā€™s a safe bet to see that in reality. As long as demand exceeds supply they donā€™t have much incentive to give buyers anything but the truck.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: