• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

? Poll: Are you getting a 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning? ?⚡️

Are you getting a 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning??⚡️

• Total voters

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Seems I underestimated just how many people are interested in the all new 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning ⚡.

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Poll: Are you getting a 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning? ?⚡️ D8185990-C049-45DE-AC05-A2E8DE0A849A

All who intend on getting one check in here and cast your vote, and inform us why your going with the Lightning ⚡ if you want. Current F-150 owners also place a vote and tell us why you went with the original over the electric!
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I am interested and this is the first EV that has really grabbed my attention as well.... but not getting:

-Already pulled the trigger on a ‘21 Lariat (although I could switch and wait more I suppose)

- The range is still too limiting. Once I can get in range of my typical vacation destinations (about 500 miles on avg) without having to stop and wait half a day to charge (between finding then waiting in line then charging)... then I’m in 100%

-Nitpicking and wouldn’t stop me necessary but I would prefer a screen more like the 12” screen in the Lariat now rather than something that takes up the entire center stack.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
As long as they're still selling gasoline in California... the "Lightning" isn't an option for me.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/05/13/caiso-california-blackouts-summer-2021/
Also in CA here, we have been fortunate to avoid any blackouts here.

Something I thought would be cool when they showed the lightning as a possible backup power for your house...

why not take it to the next level and while plugged in, if you have a battery enabled solar system, allow the truck to be put into a mode that serves as an active battery similar to the whole house batteries so that if you aren’t driving that day it can supplement your power during peak rates.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I hope that giant touchscreens in cars is just a fad like talking cars were in the 80's.

Physical switches are better than touchscreens for most things. Especially when it comes to critical controls, it's about as stupid as if they replaced the steering wheel with a Wii remote.

I will definitely own the new electric truck but I don't think I will be buying new. Unless the used truck prices are crazy like now. Or if gas gets super expensive again.

I really don't drive enough in a week to justify ownership of a low mileage Lightning but a second hand one with some miles and depreciation would be an excellent second vehicle for errands and short trips. Depending on what gas prices are, it could potentially pay for itself if energy prices don't rise as a whole.

Sponsored

audiomikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 RAM 1500, MB W221, C5 Camaro, Prius V, 300C
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Really need a "Maybe" option. If the price, with options isn't crazy expensive, then yes. If they can build more than just super optioned and expensive launch edition, then yes. A year from now is a long time. They can't even build the fancy Ranger (Bronco). Odds seem very low right now for someone like me.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am interested and this is the first EV that has really grabbed my attention as well.... but not getting:

-Already pulled the trigger on a ‘21 Lariat (although I could switch and wait more I suppose)

- The range is still too limiting. Once I can get in range of my typical vacation destinations (about 500 miles on avg) without having to stop and wait half a day to charge (between finding then waiting in line then charging)... then I’m in 100%

-Nitpicking and wouldn’t stop me necessary but I would prefer a screen more like the 12” screen in the Lariat now rather than something that takes up the entire center stack.
I like the piece of mind for the range too. I’m glad I have the 12” screen in my Lariat as well. Not really interested in that 15” from the Mach-E that they’re putting in the Lightning⚡. I played with it for a bit in a Mach-E a few months ago, and wasn’t impressed compared to the 12” screen in the F-150s. Maybe I needed more time with it, but my first impression wasn’t keen. Like a lot of people, I like (a few) more physical buttons rather than haptic feedback for everything.

Honda was getting ripped for that on their touchscreens the last few years when it was all screen and no buttons. Honda finally put a physical volume knob back in their vehicles last year I think due to countless complaints. I’m sure that came up in Ford’s R&D and focus testing, hence why they at least have that power/volume knob.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope that giant touchscreens in cars is just a fad like talking cars were in the 80's.

Physical switches are better than touchscreens for most things. Especially when it comes to critical controls, it's about as stupid as if they replaced the steering wheel with a Wii remote.

I will definitely own the new electric truck but I don't think I will be buying new. Unless the used truck prices are crazy like now. Or if gas gets super expensive again.

I really don't drive enough in a week to justify ownership of a low mileage Lightning but a second hand one with some miles and depreciation would be an excellent second vehicle for errands and short trips. Depending on what gas prices are, it could potentially pay for itself if energy prices don't rise as a whole.

Rising energy utility bills will definitely be increasing with the mass influx of electric vehicles hooking up to the grid, if the infrastructure can even handle it. You’re not buying gasoline, but you are still burning some sort of energy in its place to keep your vehicle charged up, and it has a price. A lot of people neglect to think about that when diving head first into the EV pool.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really need a "Maybe" option. If the price, with options isn't crazy expensive, then yes. If they can build more than just super optioned and expensive launch edition, then yes. A year from now is a long time. They can't even build the fancy Ranger (Bronco). Odds seem very low right now for someone like me.
I thought about that. But I’m trying to keep it as concise as possible. A “maybe” option won’t really tell us a whole lot in regards to who’s going to fully commit to buy one.

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
In five years or so when Electrcians are running adds on tv like lawyers every five minutes to fight over selling me an additional drop to my house for a high amperage quick charger then I will get one. By then Ford will have this thing refined a lot more and it will surely have better range. It’s about like the 3.5 eco boost having more power now with essentially the same engine and a few component changes.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I was really looking forward to this, and all the electric trucks in general, but everything came out just a little too late for me. I need something now, and the range on the Lightning just isn't good enough for me, I was really wanting to see at least 400 miles on whatever I end up buying.

I ended up going PowerBoost this time around, but fully expect my next truck to be all electric in a few years, once they get a chance to work some of the kinks out, chargers are more readily available, and hopefully prices have come down and range has gone up a bit as technology progresses with it.

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
I'm on the fence. I think the range is a huge factor to me and the towing range being really huge factor. Then the wait time is another factor, won't even start to see them till mid 2022 (if the chip shortage don't interfere) Then Ford announced a Limited first year production, so it may even be a longer wait. I'll keep my Limited PB on order for now.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Rising energy utility bills will definitely be increasing with the mass influx of electric vehicles hooking up to the grid, if the infrastructure can even handle it. You’re not buying gasoline, but you are still burning some sort of energy in its place to keep your vehicle charged up, and it has a price. A lot of people neglect to think about that when diving head first into the EV pool.
This is a great point and something people should think about. You definitely need Solar and battery storage to make it more convenient.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Until the Forest Service installs charging stations in the back country, ain't gonna happen. I could easily drive 200-300 miles one way pulling a UTV/sled trailer over a four day weekend here in Idaho. Tow/haul weight plus heat in the Winter and AC in the Summer, not happening where I go.
Great idea and I'm glad Ford did it, but it does not possess the utility I want or need. I am sure many will buy one though.
Sponsored