• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Is anyone getting invites still or did all 1st wave invites go out on the 6th? My dealer implies that the 1st wave is ongoing and that we could still be placing orders for 1st wave. Not sure if they are just confused by Ford's handling of this process or not.

Seems odd that dealerships are so in the dark on this
The invitation emails would have all gone out at roughly the same time on the 6th. However, if you had an invite you did not have to immediately place your order. It is my understanding that anyone who gets an invite will have until roughly March 31 to convert to an order or extend their reservation. So yes, wave 1 can still place an order and it could be said that it is 'ongoing'.
Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Can we have this thread pinned to the top? Unless my cache is acting up, it doesn't show in the sticky threads for me, but it is valuable to look through time to time.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
57 orders and only 1 XLT. lol

Ford has changed XLT from the most popular gas trim to the least desirable of Lightning trims.

It's basically $40k Pro or $70k+ Lariat SR/ER and nothing in between.

Probably how Ford wants it, though: Sell a handful of Pros to say they did, then force everyone else into $70k-$100k trucks. Great as a shareholder, sucks as someone who wants a reasonably-priced truck.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
From 48 orders recorded to date about 1/2 were priority. Wonder how many paid ADM? Maybe Ford is using this variable to set waves? Anyone on list promise ADM?
No ADM for me. Would not consider that.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
57 orders and only 1 XLT. lol

Ford has changed XLT from the most popular gas trim to the least desirable of Lightning trims.

It's basically $40k Pro or $70k+ Lariat SR/ER and nothing in between.

Probably how Ford wants it, though: Sell a handful of Pros to say they did, then force everyone else into $70k-$100k trucks. Great as a shareholder, sucks as someone who wants a reasonably-priced truck.
What's more funny is there were 2 XLT on the list a couple days ago but one of them has disappeared or was edited. I wonder if Ford would maybe just end up dropping it all-together for MY22 to simplify their production if people refuse to order it in enough volume.

Sponsored

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
I would love to see how many are first time EV owners. I suspect first time owners buy extended range because they do not have a feel for how efficient the vehicles are. A false range anxiety pushes them to buy extended range when home charging and true driving distances would only require a standard range. I learned this with the Mach-e being my first EV. I bought standard because it was all I could afford, but I have never come close to using 100% of the battery when driving.
Wait till ford start prioritizing extended range ahead of standard trucks... I think it will happen.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Interesting, 1219 reservations on the spread sheet in the reservation thread, only 64 orders so far in the order spread sheet

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Interesting, 1219 reservations on the spread sheet in the reservation thread, only 64 orders so far in the order spread sheet
That is actually higher than I would have suspected, around 5 percent. Since our best estimate is that MY 22 will only cover 10 percent (or so) of orders, that is a high fraction for wave 1.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
From 48 orders recorded to date about 1/2 were priority. Wonder how many paid ADM? Maybe Ford is using this variable to set waves? Anyone on list promise ADM?
I was the first reservation at my dealer. They also “prioritized” me as number one. They just prioritized as many as they could but in the same order they came in. No ADM. No special deposit. MSRP and $500 refundable deposit. I reserved as soon as the reveal started. Had my reservation about 1 minute in. I placed my order in wave 1. Got the email and text that evening. Dealership accepted the order shortly thereafter.

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
So i guess my dealer lied and said no prioritization. I have a lower res number than half the folks on the list and I haven't heard shit.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
So i guess my dealer lied and said no prioritization. I have a lower res number than half the folks on the list and I haven't heard shit.
He lied if he, in fact, did not send a Priority List in by that Friday or sent it in late

AND

You know someone else completed an Order with him

AND

You really did have the Earliest Reservation Timestamp with him

AND

No one agreed to pay him an ADM to bump you

AND

No one else Transferred to the dealer with an Earlier Timestamp

If I were you I would verify these and get an answer or quickly change dealers

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I have a lower number than many of them, too, but some were prioritized and some just happen to be the lowest number at a small dealer. I'm sure there are plenty of dealers where my reservation could have made me 1st or 2nd, but at a bigger dealer, I'm 6th.

It's also possible that your dealer lied, but it's hard to say based only on the fact that some people who have already ordered have a higher reservation number. Lots of variables.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I have a lower res number than half the folks on the list and I haven't heard shit.
Reservation number means nothing. The order time stamp is the important number.

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
I am calling BS on my dealer. They claim they don't have any idea how many orders they have or where my reservation falls. Yet on this site I am seeing people with reservation numbers well after mine and reservation dates days after mine already placing orders.

Has anyone confirmed if moving your reservation affects your position in line with Ford? IE could I move to another dealership at this point without losing my place in line? This is ridiculous, I placed my reservation within 30 seconds of the event start. There is ZERO reason I shouldn't have been in wave 1 other than favoritism by my so called preferred dealer.
Sponsored