• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Order confirmation; 4:32pm 1/6/22
Order process email came at 2:38pm 1/6/22
Reservation 5/19/22
You reservations was this year in the future and still got one be me and I registered in 2021 lol jk congrats on the order
Sponsored

piratefan2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Pro, 23 Suburban, 06 Silverado
Submitted my order last night. When I check the site today, it says the order has been sent to the dealer. However, it also shows that the dealer hasn't accepted it yet. Is this normal?

texastrucker

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Marketing
From 33 order submission, here are the percentage breakdown per trim:
Pro (9/33) =27%
XLT (1/33) = 3%
Lariat (21/33) = 63%
Platinum (2/33) = 6%

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Submitted my order last night. When I check the site today, it says the order has been sent to the dealer. However, it also shows that the dealer hasn't accepted it yet. Is this normal?
I went to the dealer this morning and walked them through the steps to approve my order ?. They were very nice about it but just didn't fully understand the process.

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
All of these comments are why I do not trust my dealer. I have an early 5/19 reservation, no dealer relationship. Every time I reach out I get a short terse response. Dealer will not even tell me what number I am on their list.
My dealer stated they don't even know how many reservations were received by their dealership...said Ford would email customer directly when time to order.

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just posted my order info and wanted to say thank you to the Admins and to the forum members who have freely shared their extensive knowledge and experience. I never would have been posting my order here today without your help. I started out with a May 23rd reservation, went through the change dealer process, managed to get prioritized and was able to "help" my sales folks navigate through the vagaries of the Lightning order process. Couldn't a done it without you, thanks!

"Farm Truck" - Pro, max tow/9.6 power, tailgate step, spray-in bedliner, MSRP.

Last edited:

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I am now pretty convinced after this thread and others that it is almost best (and more fair) if your dealer was not aware of the process and what they could do. Their ignorance seems to be everyone's gain. After my order yesterday and a follow up email by my dealer saying I was the only order for them, I responded with my appreciation for no mark up and no priority bumping. They have a lifelong customer now... And whether it was their ignorance within the process or it was tactical, they did gain a good customer. But, lets be honest... Ford did put them in the situation by allowing priority bumping and dealer markups at all (probably at some dealers request). I would encourage everyone after they order and when they get their email to give feedback, to let FOrd know what you think. I did. Priority Bumping > No. Non-standard Dealermark-ups >No.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Non-standard Dealermark-ups >No.
Why the "non-standard" caveat here? Is there an amount that is considered standard markup?

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
All of these "No" answers to "dealer priority" are interesting. I wonder if a third option should be "don't know" and some of those "no"s are actually "yes". For those of you who answered no...did your dealer tell they *did* submit a priority list and you were *not* on it? This would give me hope for MY22 since I reserved about 15 minutes into the reveal 5/19.

Alternatively, as others have pointed out, maybe some dealers weren't tech saavy enough to understand the prioritization thing (or just didn't care) and didn't submit a list to Ford

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
All of these "No" answers to "dealer priority" are interesting. I wonder if a third option should be "don't know" and some of those "no"s are actually "yes". For those of you who answered no...did your dealer tell they *did* submit a priority list and you were *not* on it? This would give me hope for MY22 since I reserved about 15 minutes into the reveal 5/19.

Alternatively, as others have pointed out, maybe some dealers weren't tech saavy enough to understand the prioritization thing (or just didn't care) and didn't submit a list to Ford
I didn't even know I was on a priority list until I called and spoke to the person at the dealership. I thanked him, and now we are in contact daily.

JustaProGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning

My dealer specifically said they were not prioritizing, but I also think they fell into the not tech savvy group
Sponsored