• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
At this rate the Pros will be gone by the third wave and the last wave will have nothing but XLT's
Standard Range XLT Plus ?

The breakdown thus far is interesting. Ford was right on the Lariat Extended range being the most popular, but they made the base XLT too expensive, and the Pro is the 2nd favorite. They were also too optimistic on how many people would bite on the incremental increase to Platinum. The lost range isn’t worth it.

Last edited:

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Got ya on that ..but I guess the cool part is you see the dealer numbers before you finalize so you can check for ADM before final commitment...I Like That

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
I was told that the form did not allow more than one choice with the Towing Package - I've just corrected this.

Please let me know if you have any changes or you can use the Change Request Form.

Thanks all.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E

The breakdown thus far is interesting. Ford was right on the Lariat Extended range being the most popular, but they made the base XLT too expensive, and the Pro is the 2nd favorite. They were also too optimistic on how many people would bite on the incremental increase to Platinum. The lost range isn’t worth it.
They're right on their Lariat projections because they rigged the pricing to make the XLT just so unfavorable in pricing/value. I had wanted to the XLT + until the pricing came out. Now i'd go with the PRO. The technology is advancing too fast to pay a huge premium for what will become old technology pretty fast. The PRO would be a huge upgrade to my beater 98 F150XLT :)

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
The technology is advancing too fast to pay a huge premium for what will become old technology pretty fast.
I understand the sentiment but it is an idea that has almost become a trope. Exactly how fast do you think technology that is making it into commercially produced vehicles advancing? Might it just be the design/packaging/interest/availability that is advancing quickly?

Take the example of the Tesla Model S that was released in 2012. Do you think it is totally outdated tech 10 years later?

Or take a look at the "latests" of products from Rivian and GM and Tesla CT. It is hard to say they are moving quickly.

Point being it is not a technology issue at this point and news articles about lab breakthroughs are white noise. Lithium Ion is well developed at this point and the challenges are in converting minds, supply chains, and corporate interests.

It is a hecka lot of money if you feel it is a gamble though, so no shame in holding back and letting us have the fun ?

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Checking back in here - man so few folks are getting the Platinum. I understand why but that sure would give someone a unique ride if they got it lol.

Sponsored

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
What time on 5/19 did you reserve? My dealer is Performance Ford of East Hanover. I reserved right at the end of the stream.

Performance is treating me like I am not going to be able to ordering anytime soon. Even with over 300 reservation I really doubt I am not one of the top. I also question the quote of 300 orders at a small Northern NJ dealership.

I have been uncertain of switching dealers because of losing any spot I might have.
I received the confirmation at 10:09pm.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance

When the price of 312a is $9500 for roughly $4200 worth of stuff the xlt just isn’t worth it. That pushed me out of getting the xlt all together. If I still get one its going to be a lariat now.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I got the email at 10:10 PM ET. I am pissed off. When I order my Model X two years ago Tesla jerked me around but I felt everyone was equitably being jerked around.

QUOTE="Carminus, post: 145444, member: 8215"]
I received the confirmation at 10:09pm.
[/QUOTE]

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Submitted my order! Day one reservation and wave 1 order!

Ford F-150 Lightning đź“Š F-150 Lightning ORDERS Tracking List & Stats [Add Yours!] Lit.JPG
Sponsored