• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My Rivian reservation was made months ago.

I've been following for quite a while. I expected to be able to order the Lariat 510 with ER. This configuration would have been slightly less than Rivian and likely one I would have gone with depending on delivery date. Having the 511 package as the only option for ER is what was unexpected and pushed the lightning out of contention for me.
I agree with you there. Not having the 511 package available on the SR is a bad decision
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Can I ask why on the all terrains for $150? Appearance or performance? If performance, what conditions are you concerned about? Has there been discussion of mileage impact? Thanks for any input, it about my final decision!
Snow performance (winter driving in the Northeast). I wish we knew the exact all seasons and all terrains Ford was offering so I could look up reviews, but in general ATs will do better than AS in the snow.

I also wish we knew the range impacts (so far Ford hasn't mentioned any).

Bettermpg

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tundra DC Long Bed
Occupation
Realtor
I am just looking for a basic truck. Pro all the way, if it was available would consider pro with extended battery.
If Chevy has similar pricing I will see what their base model has.

At this point it probably makes more sense for me to keep my Tundra as a third vehicle and buy an EV car or SUV instead. Pro is the only model I would consider. Would’ve liked XLT with extended battery but that price is way too much.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
Can I ask why on the all terrains for $150? Appearance or performance? If performance, what conditions are you concerned about? Has there been discussion of mileage impact? Thanks for any input, it about my final decision!
no real reason tbh. Both tires Ford chose are decent - I think the 20" all seasons are General Grabber HTS and the all terrains are Hankook Dynapro AT2s. I travel down a gravel road quite a bit and highway tires get eaten up, hoping the all terrains last a bit longer with that usage

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It had it listed earlier this morning and is now removed.
I have the power boards on my '21 Lariat. Your not missing anything. If you really want them, I'm sure AMP will have them available.

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda C5, Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
RN
I feel like the only one excited by this pricing. I expected them to hold back most Pros for fleet orders anyway, so I don't mind waiting a few years, but I was sure I'd have to step up to XLT to get something like push-button start or climate control. Being able to stick with the Pro is a huge win for me (and my wallet)!
Well I'll join you in being happy b/c I wanted a Lariat with Active 2.0 and all the trailer features and that price is pretty much where it looked like it would be from the survey.

I didn't pay much attention to the XLT pricing, so I have nothing to be mad about there.

But if that bill puts an $80k price cap in place, then I'll be peeved for sure.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Anyone else having problems with the build and their account? Was able to mock up a build when I went to save the build the account now says I do not have a reservation.

Also I am annoyed that Ford is forcing section of higher end package for extended range. Was hoping yesterday’s information was not accurate.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
Well, you cannot add ER to XLT, you need to step up to XLT+ for whopping $10k and then additional $10k for ER. Final out of pocket figure - $75k. Enjoy your F150L "starting under" $40k :)
That’s where one of my biggest complaints for the xlt comes from is there doesn’t seem to be anywhere close to $10k worth of extras to the 312a so why they aren’t including the bat like the lariat at that price I am very confused.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
no real reason tbh. Both tires Ford chose are decent - I think the 20" all seasons are General Grabber HTS and the all terrains are Hankook Dynapro AT2s. I travel down a gravel road quite a bit and highway tires get eaten up, hoping the all terrains last a bit longer with that usage
hmmmm. If that is the case, the General's are actually rated better in the snow.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
It will be interesting to see what tires are used on the lightning, since EV's tend to run different tires with sound deadening material (foam or some other insert) in them.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Same, but Rapid Red instead of Atlas Blue - great blue color, but it makes that Lightning badging disappear.
I am all about the antimatter blue with white stripes similar to what you did with your ICE f150. Cool retro action.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
XLT+ package has heated seats and steering wheel
My mistake . You only have to go up one trim for an additional 12k then add a $9500 package to get heated seats , LOL

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I am just looking for a basic truck. Pro all the way, if it was available would consider pro with extended battery.
If Chevy has similar pricing I will see what their base model has.

At this point it probably makes more sense for me to keep my Tundra as a third vehicle and buy an EV car or SUV instead. Pro is the only model I would consider. Would’ve liked XLT with extended battery but that price is way too much.
I don't think that Chevy will compete with the Pro. Their base model will target XLT and up. We'll hopefully know more tomorrow.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
That’s where one of my biggest complaints for the xlt comes from is there doesn’t seem to be anywhere close to $10k worth of extras to the 312a so why they aren’t including the bat like the lariat at that price I am very confused.
I think the survey previously suggested price of $3,800 for the XLT options package so I'm also confused how they got it up to $9,500. Of course, if they have a mistake and the ER battery IS included in the 312a option, it would be getting the ER battery for $5,700 relative to that options cost, which would have people running back to XLT (probably to many relative to percentage they plan to produce).
Sponsored